Preparation phase 💤💤💤

Anyone else feel that we could do without such long preparation phases? 24 hours seems excessive to me. Grand arena, TW, etc.

Replies

• TVF
    36523 posts Member
    24 hours to join and 24 hours to set D is perfectly appropriate since people play at all hours of the day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • True, however do you only go into the game at one specific time of day? Just to claim your energy you have to go into the game at different hours. I'm certain everyone goes into the game within a 12 hour period.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    True, however do you only go into the game at one specific time of day? Just to claim your energy you have to go into the game at different hours. I'm certain everyone goes into the game within a 12 hour period.

People playing this game all over the world.

Someone probably at work or sleeping when you deploy all the units.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    True, however do you only go into the game at one specific time of day? Just to claim your energy you have to go into the game at different hours. I'm certain everyone goes into the game within a 12 hour period.

Not true. There are plenty of 12 hour periods I don't go into the game. For example a couple of hours before bed, sleeping for 8 hours, then a couple of hours after bed when I get ready and go to work.

And plenty of people don't login for every bit of free energy
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Not true. There are plenty of 12 hour periods I don't go into the game. For example a couple of hours before bed, sleeping for 8 hours, then a couple of hours after bed when I get ready and go to work.

To add to this there are also people who work 12+ hour shifts at work, and as stated above since this game mode is on a static timer, 12 hours will always conflict with someone in some timezone.

When they first launched TW they got a lot of feedback about this and went to the 24 hour period, it is the best for all involved.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    World Wide Web.

Some people only log in once a day.
  • Global game. Not a game based solely on your time frame.
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    Global game. Not a game based solely on your time frame.

I have a two hour window to play before bed. All phases should be limited to those two hours.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »

To add to this there are also people who work 12+ hour shifts at work, and as stated above since this game mode is on a static timer, 12 hours will always conflict with someone in some timezone.

When they first launched TW they got a lot of feedback about this and went to the 24 hour period, it is the best for all involved.

I suppose it does make sense to have it 24 hours in the interest of fairness. Maybe the real issue is there is a lot of "dead time" in the game. For instance today there is no event (save for simming for training Droids... Oooooh), no raids today, did all 3 yesterday. No TB, no GA, no TW.
  • Just commenting that it’s funny that your post title has emojis... didn’t even know we could do that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I suppose it does make sense to have it 24 hours in the interest of fairness. Maybe the real issue is there is a lot of "dead time" in the game. For instance today there is no event (save for simming for training Droids... Oooooh), no raids today, did all 3 yesterday. No TB, no GA, no TW.

No raid is not true for everyone.

I for one am happy that I dont have to do things every day to stay relevant.... to each their own.

There is plenty to do in this game throughout the month, I think that average level of activity required is good. IMHO.