Matchmaking

There are some HUGE errors in matchmaking that took place with the changes following the cancelled GA exhibition. For example, the group if guys I'm in for this GA exhibition is a disaster. I'm including screenshots. The top guy in my group is ranked around 6k in Division 1, and the lowest guy is around 47k in Division 2. That makes no sense, won't be competitive or fun for anyone. I play 2 profiles and the same thing happened there. It's as if it just pulled people from across all divisions. On one profile I'm a ridiculous underdog, and my other I'm a ridiculous favorite....I don't like either. That is not a fun competition because we aren't facing people that can a) compete with us, or b) that we can be competitive with. I'm sure you have already heard a lot about this, but your servers are gonna blow up with angry people today when offense opens. This really needs to be fixed so that everyone has a chance to compete. The ability to compete is what makes the strategizing fun! Being ranked 47k in division 2 and going up against a player ranked 6k in division 1 is not right.
r7ef1pxrfscg.png
fc9y8db1181v.png

Replies

• If you looked in their full inventory, you would see that DarthSveg has a zero chance of competing with Wittzy. Situations like that lead to players not even bothering to set defenses, and that is not any fun for anyone. I hope you address this issue and acknowledge it with the community today. Thank you.
  • The ranking doesn't mean anything at this point, lol. People are just earning points from setting defenses so there are going to be thousands of people basically tied and points with just a random ranking to break those ties. The ranking won't start to even matter until we've gotten through the first attack phase.
  • SMPWalker wrote: »
    If you looked in their full inventory, you would see that DarthSveg has a zero chance of competing with Wittzy. Situations like that lead to players not even bothering to set defenses, and that is not any fun for anyone. I hope you address this issue and acknowledge it with the community today. Thank you.

And what are you even talking about here? I just ran both players through the bot match-up and it seems fairly balanced, not to mention both players have all the meta toons including Malak: fim8cabzucu7.png

I think you need to go back to the drawing board if you're claiming this is your example of some gross unfairness with GAC matchmaking. In the prior GA mode, I was regularly facing people with 2 to 3 times as many G12s as me.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Yep, yet another person who has no idea what they're talking about
  • eat077d3wplw.jpg
    dblbn0soqlr4.jpg
    Seriously. You totally missed the big picture. If this was an even match, they would be in the same division. Here are screenshots of their Sith Meta. It isnt close. And, those numbers produced by the bot are wrong. I also posted screenshots of their stats and top 21 toons in each. This is far from an even match, and I'm not the only one noticing it if you look on Reddit. zwdbrjl3rj4m.jpg
    q48akzr0mgx0.jpg
    z9pfsl2ucb32.jpg
    fjx8pm1bganu.jpg

• They do not both have Malek.
  • To whom are you referring to Saada? I have far more accurate data to backup my claim.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    No you don't.

You also can't claim "they both don't have maleks" cause that's how you see who is the best. People invest in different toons, you both have similar gear 12s so let's see who is the best. If they have malak and you don't, you just need go find a strategy that'll work.....
    Put cls/3po and darth revan squads together together and jkr squad across from them so if they set malek on defence then they might struggle to clear those territories or whatever. Just come up with a strategy and if it fails and you lose at the end of the first week then you'll be matched up with another lot of losers and have a better chance the next week and so on. You are asking for the impossible.... Think if it like this, if I pick up malek this time around at 2.4 mil gp should I be matched with a 5mil person cause they have malek? of course not. There is never going to be a perfect matchup but if you have a close total of g11 and g12 then it's a fair match even if you don't have meta toons. That's for you to focus on.
  • Malek and the Revans are game changers all by themselves. Malek alone can solo many teams. I'm not one of the players I showed above, I'm just in that group. I just happen to disagree with you. Just because a player has (for example) 20 g12 toons and another player has the same number of g12 toons, does not mean that is anywhere near a fair match. The specific toons and quality and synergies of those toons are huge. CG themselves said that in changing how they conduct matchmaking, the goal was to lower blowouts, and to make everyone strategize and feel like they have a chance. Putting a guy with no Malek, a g11 DR, g11 and under other SithEmpire, and no Padme, against a player that has a fully g12 SithEmpire faction is not fair regardless of the rest of the roster. I do agree with you that it will be nearly impossible to find a perfect system for matchmaking, but, accounting for the true game changing toons is a metric that should be involved.