Let's tackle the one issue that needs to be taken care of

Sikho
1088 posts Member
The profanity filter on this forum is just waaaaaay too restrictive.
You can't talk about the opposite of paradise.
You have to write "dayum" to show you're impressed.
You can't even spell stewpid properly

This is ridiculous.

Replies

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    My favorite is that they've filtered, uh, the American spelling of the word "cybre". In a forum about a Sci-fi game. Also, can't call the AI an eediot without sounding like one.
  • Or.. You could just choose different words. There is a whole host of underused words that can be used. :)
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Or.. You could just choose different words. There is a whole host of underused words that can be used. :)

Doesn't that make the whole filter thing unnecessary then? If you can just find another word for it with the same meaning, then why the heck would you put a filter?
    It doesn't make sense.
  • Any simile for excrement is automatically filtered out. It makes it tough because there is so much excrement coming out of peoples mouths on the forum, as well as excrement moves by the dev team. I have taken to using the word stool if i feel it is totally necessary to convey my displeasure.
  • I find your lack of faith in vocabulary disturbing.
  • Any simile for excrement is automatically filtered out. It makes it tough because there is so much excrement coming out of peoples mouths on the forum, as well as excrement moves by the dev team. I have taken to using the word stool if i feel it is totally necessary to convey my displeasure.

Excrement, that made sense, haha!
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Or.. You could just choose different words. There is a whole host of underused words that can be used. :)

Avanti! Let us embrace this folly! For we shall all end up sounding like characters from an episode of Jeeves and Wooster.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Inferno wrote: »
    I find your lack of faith in vocabulary disturbing.

Please have mercy for us, non-native english speakers, for our vocabulary isn't full of fancy words.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Sikho wrote: »
    Inferno wrote: »
    I find your lack of faith in vocabulary disturbing.

Please have mercy for us, non-native english speakers, for our vocabulary isn't full of fancy words.

Indubitably! Your quaint lacking of loquaciousness leads me to believe you are deficient in an assiduous personality.
  • Sikho wrote: »
    The profanity filter on this forum is just waaaaaay too restrictive.
    You can't talk about the opposite of paradise.
    You have to write "dayum" to show you're impressed.
    You can't even spell stewpid properly

This is ridiculous.

Agreed, the profanity restrictions are that of a General Admission movie rating. Pretty asinine.