Which of these teams would you fear most in Arena?

Kelthuzad
343 posts Member
edited March 2016
I am currently runing a top 10 "watch into the sun - take your stun" Arena team QGJ(L)/RG/Geo/Dooku/Daka. I am less attacked in the last 2 weeks due to the RNG-stun-factor and drop about 2-10 ranks over night. In a few days i will have maxed Han and Ahsoka. I am not experienced with Han, but here a my thoughts on some team compositions. Just faced Ahsoka 1 time in Arena - does she always use her special first on def? If yes she might not be that good with QGJ(L).
Anyhow - which of these teams would you fear most in Arena?
[Please no "Rey would be better" - i just have 20 shards of her, and Anakin is just 5* - both on my to do list]
Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra

Which of these teams would you fear most in Arena? 21 votes

QGJ(L)/RG/Geo/Dooku/Daka (watch into the sun...)
66%
SlyGambitAnraethHeHateMeSlevinBurgerCrokadorfnSinseyagarubladorHershBathensAltoon33Jedilove3737JamespediagameOuchieBaxitarambrogan4 14 votes
QGJ(L)/Han/Dooku/Ahsoka/Yoda (faster than light)
14%
Megadeth3700christopher152003Thugnaught_3edgy5you 3 votes
QGJ(L)/Han/Geo/RG/Ahsoka (turtles with guns)
0%
Ahsoka(L)/Han/QGJ/Yoda/Geo (light side manipulators)
0%
other combination of them
19%
Dreamwalk3rEllo_AstyMikymateCookieCrispp 4 votes

Replies

• Dreamwalk3r
    101 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    other combination of them
    Phasma/FOTP/Dooku/Daka/Geo. Seriously, Phasma adds so much threat to stun teams. FOTP ofc can be substituted with any other attacker you have.
  • Other

Q is not a good leader of your not running Jedi. Of the characters you listed run Han or Dooku as the leader and build around that.
  • Phasma/FOTP/Dooku/Daka/Geo. Seriously, Phasma adds so much threat to stun teams. FOTP ofc can be substituted with any other attacker you have.

Phasma stuns??? Just guessing (since they did not list them) that those characters are not an option.
  • QGJ(L)/Han/Dooku/Ahsoka/Yoda (faster than light)
    Swap Han for RG and Dooku for Ray
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Lol guys, come on. I know that Sith/dark side is a good counter vs Jedi´s. QGJ´s speed on his own is good enough as single Jedi leader. Jinn/Dooku/Geo is a first round kill...I neither have Rey nor nightmares of her. X-"Ray" what? I was not asking for other teams, i was asking for another combination of all the toons >>i<< mentioned. Sorry for bad wording, i am German, maybe you did not get my point. I will test all of the teams i listed above and i just wanted to know which ones would be the best in your opinion. Or would you use another combination with e.g. Daka (as i mentioned Daka in one squad)? Or as one of you said: Han as lead - @Dekayingsoul why Han as lead? Could you explain that? I would lose lots of speed for some nearly non existend def? Any kind of evasion would be better i guess. Dooku as lead would be a possibility.
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • @Kelthuzad your leader needs to effect everyone in the squad if not what's the point of having that ability. Q and Dooku are absolutely not one shot characters when gear and levels are equil. Q just happens to be the flavor of the month but is at best an above average character. Would I go Han as a leader, not a chance, but I build my team around my leader not the other way around.

When everything is equil as far as gear and levels, synergy is what wins matches. Synergy is what is needed so when the AI plays you don't lose 50 places in the arena per day. Q as leader only synergies with Jedi so unless your going to run Jedi he should not be the leader.
  • other combination of them
    RG>>>>Han in your set ups. I run a lot of Dooku, Rebel+Ben, or Resistance type squads so to me, I hate your Yoda with QGJ lead. He resists my Ben and my Poe.

So I'd say QGJ, Yoda, RG, Geo, Daka (unless you have another dps hiding in your roster I don't know about).
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • QGJ(L)/RG/Geo/Dooku/Daka (watch into the sun...)
    Phasma stuns when he calls assists to your stun toons
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    QGJ(L)/RG/Geo/Dooku/Daka (watch into the sun...)
    Freaking hate Dooku and Daka in the same team. I usually will avoid those teams unless I have no choice but to plow through to climb the ladder.
  • @Ello_Asty and how about RG and Han? Has anyone of you tested sth like QGJ/RG/Han/Geo/ Daka or Yoda?
    @Anreath well thats my current team - but i would like to create sth with Han or Ashoka or both of them :blush:

• other combination of them
    @Kelthuzad My RG is not up to snuff yet but I did see a vid of multiple comps yesterday comprising of Ackbar/STHan/Leia/GS. I saw Han taunt and get knocked down to 50% health. RG taunted. Now, they have a choice on which one to attack. If you can't force them to attack Han, it just seems to me like you are not getting use out of him.

I am sure that there are ideas out there for Han that work and maybe he'll work okay for you. I just can't imagine a team composition with Han in it that isn't led by Ackbar or at the least have Old Ben with him. If you are doing two taunting tanks, then it would have to be Poe and STHan with LOTS of DPS.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi