Leaderboard impossible point totals?

I’m in division 4, and if everyone in the division has the same available feats, the same number of teams, and the same point structure for deploying defense & attacking (as should be true), then according to my calculations the maximum number of points currently available to someone in my division is 3589. That would be a perfect GA match, deploying defenses for the second match, plus the win bonus and all feats currently possible. So how is it that there are 3 players already in Bronzium tier which requires 3750 points to achieve and 5 additional players in Carbonite tier who have higher than the maximum number of points?

Replies

• Sorry mods, just realized I went about that the wrong way. I just sent a private message to CG Leviathan about it, so you can close the thread.
  • We were just looking at this also. It seems like they have a lot more points than they should. We had to set 6 teams each Laz has 3357 with an average of 58 banners so that only a possible 6 more per team so 36, another 450 with feats so she would have 3843 with all things complete. Even if for some reason they had to set a 7th team that is another 90 for defense and 64 win still is just at 4k but they still have 100 - 300 points more.

Mine is about the same except I didn't clear the last team and territory.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    I don't think it's some form of cheating, it's more like bug or some unexplained feature. Something very strange happened immediately after end of GA round.

I'm in division 4 too. I wiped my opponent just before end of round and was online to see how other people perform. Just before end of round my client showed that top player in division 4 had 1925 point. I had 1787 and completed all possible feats except 15 fleet battles. If I completed that too it would give me 1912 point total which is in line, so points calculations were totally reasonable at this moments.

But then round ended, and in first 10 minutes leaderboard already got swarmed with seemingly impossible numbers.

The man who had 1925 point could get 1000 point for round completion, another 540 for setting defense and (in theory) another 70 for newly available feat that was hidden before (at least it definitely wasn't available in my client) and can be completed in short time. That would give him 3535 points. Yet leaderboard has huge amount of people who beats this number in first 10 minutes. Right now I see someone with 4360 points in division 4. It's over 800 points higher that technically possible for player who topped leaderboard before end of round, and higher than points which he could get if he could completed all feats available in client (even those which are impossible to complete at this stage).

It's something really, really strange.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Someone mentioned that completed feats get replaced by new ones so you can earn more points. This may be how they've gotten the extra points.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »
    Someone mentioned that completed feats get replaced by new ones so you can earn more points. This may be how they've gotten the extra points.

I counted that too, but the difference is just too big. The only feat I didn't complete is 15 fleet battles. It, of course, may be replaced by something for people who completed it, but for such high score that "something" must cost more points than all other feats combined and also must be available for immediate completion.

In any case, I think that championship score must be as transparent as possible - other players must be able to see how exactly top scorers did it. So some insight from developers would be welcome even if it's WAI - we just need to know how exactly it works.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Hortus wrote: »

The only feat I didn't complete is 15 fleet battles.
    "Exert Control" - Inflict a debuff 200 times in grand arena.
    That's a new feat which is impossible to have cleared since it showed up after the round 1 attack phase was already over. So i'm not sure how the 15 fleet battles is the only one you haven't completed. It's not a replacement for that feat either since i haven't cleared the 15 fleet battles myself.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    on top of that, the "tactical advance" feat is also impossible since it requires you to clear 10 grand arena territories and currently the max is 4.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • qvubr69askuq.jpg

definitely something that's wrong!

perfect score would be 720 pts defense 720 pts offense 8x64 pts combat (512) = 1952 pts. I had 1906 pts so missing 46 from max.

I completed all feats apart from the 3 below

lz78scqschqx.jpg

so based on my current score of 3991+46+150 (the 200 debuff one got added after this round and the clear 10 isn't possible yet) the max score possible would be 4187 points.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    leef wrote: »
    Hortus wrote: »

The only feat I didn't complete is 15 fleet battles.
    "Exert Control" - Inflict a debuff 200 times in grand arena.
    That's a new feat which is impossible to have cleared since it showed up after the round 1 attack phase was already over. So i'm not sure how the 15 fleet battles is the only one you haven't completed. It's not a replacement for that feat either since i haven't cleared the 15 fleet battles myself.

Please look at context. In my previous post I clearly stated that I completed all possible feats except 15 fleet battles. And before end of round my scores were completely in line with top scorers - if I would completed fleet battles feat I'd fell 13 points behind top scorer that is perfectly in line with all available info.

But after end of round there is over 800 points difference (again, counting any feats which technically can be completed atm). If I would completed fleet battles then it could be replaced with something else, of course. But then this "something" should give about 800 points and must be available for immediate completion, which seems very unlikely. If someone who completed this feat could elaborate what he got as replacement it would be nice.
  • Hortus wrote: »

I counted that too, but the difference is just too big. The only feat I didn't complete is 15 fleet battles. It, of course, may be replaced by something for people who completed it, but for such high score that "something" must cost more points than all other feats combined and also must be available for immediate completion.

In any case, I think that championship score must be as transparent as possible - other players must be able to see how exactly top scorers did it. So some insight from developers would be welcome even if it's WAI - we just need to know how exactly it works.

This was exactly my thought. I don’t have any problems with others doing well. But I do want to be able to see how they did it. Otherwise it looks like cheating.
  • Looks like the issue was a game bug that accidentally gave a few players double rewards for winning their first GA match. The devs said they’re going to fx it today and reset points back to where they should be. Good to hear!