A factor to consider

I loved GA. It was by far my favorite table. I may not always win but they were close. GAC, in simple terms, has been a disaster. That’s completely understandable. It’s a new process. Something ive never seen you mention in any of your improvements, the huge portion of people who simply don’t attack. It is incredibly dissatisfying to prepare for a challenge and have an opponent not even try. This is shockingly common. Cg with often mention “blowouts” and that their goal is to reduce that number below 5%. Matchmaking is not to blame for these “blowouts”, it’s laziness.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I loved GA. It was by far my favorite table. I may not always win but they were close. GAC, in simple terms, has been a disaster. That’s completely understandable. It’s a new process. Something ive never seen you mention in any of your improvements, the huge portion of people who simply don’t attack. It is incredibly dissatisfying to prepare for a challenge and have an opponent not even try. This is shockingly common. Cg with often mention “blowouts” and that their goal is to reduce that number below 5%. Matchmaking is not to blame for these “blowouts”, it’s laziness.

I get what you're saying, but what do want them to do about it?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

I get what you're saying, but what do want them to do about it?

Yeah that gets tricky. Some sort of individual match participation rewards?
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    For me it's a dissapointment.. in ga i was albe to at least stand before enemy. Now i don't even have to try.. my oponents are 500gp in toons higher than me with toons i can't counter. Don't have traya don't habe malak dont have padme.. i can win one battle against traya and that is all while enemy clear my whole def. But i have an easy solution. Deploy one worst team on def and [Removed - CM] it. Not entertainig when i don't stand a chance.. with padme- she is absolutely broken.. cant imagine how padme instakills whole dark lords team but she can like it's nothing.. i know toons doesn't folow cannon but this is too much. Would you like jedi consular be so powerful that he can compete darth malak? Doesn't make sence to me.. yeah i'm whining maybe i had too big expectation from this game.. sometimes when i wrote this craB down it helps me calm down so that is why i bother you with this here. This game should be only p2p. It would eleminate those whiners like me from being constatly **** from devs decisions.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • I loved GA. It was by far my favorite table. I may not always win but they were close. GAC, in simple terms, has been a disaster. That’s completely understandable. It’s a new process. Something ive never seen you mention in any of your improvements, the huge portion of people who simply don’t attack. It is incredibly dissatisfying to prepare for a challenge and have an opponent not even try. This is shockingly common. Cg with often mention “blowouts” and that their goal is to reduce that number below 5%. Matchmaking is not to blame for these “blowouts”, it’s laziness.

So what exactly is your opinion about laziness based on? Have you talked to those people that were on the losing side of blowouts?

Take a look at Strojar’s comment and you’ll see exactly the problem with the old matchmaking system. When someone knows they will lose a match simply by reviewing their opponent’s roster, there is no incentive to even participate. Take the loss, get lesser rewards, and move on...that’s all that’s there for them.

Yes the old matchmaking system was to blame. Yes, the new one is better. And yes the new system + leagues will lead to better matches. However, these changes might still yield more than 5% blowouts and more changes might be needed. We’ll see over time.