Winning doesnt matter its the taking part that counts!

This culture is ruining the western world and now its in this game in the form of GAC.
Everyones a winner, a trophy for everyone!
Why compete? Why build to win?
We are all winners no matter what.

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Given all the, "If you're not first, you're last," mindset burning across this board like wildfire with people acting like if they ain't first out of thousands their participation was a waste and they may as well try, I question your premises.

Aspirational play is valid. Do your best. The better you do, the better your rewards. First, 500th, and 10,000th all get rewards, but the higher you go, the higher your rewards.

Ain't like the real world can have only one winner, either; that's a more gamist structure than the aspirational model. Do your best and earn based on your performance seems like a reasonable message from a philosophy of play standpoint.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    This culture is ruining the western world

I stopped reading.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    xol7j09lk4bc.jpeg
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Nowhere in the game you'll find that they say "You all are best, you're all #1!". So you're complaining about something that doesn't exist. And no, things like simming a raid or doing TB doesn't count as there is no competition.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Boy do I hate this mentality.

You realize the reason kids get participation trophies is that they don't get paychecks, right? Even the worst player on the worst football team is a millionaire several times over. Their paycheck IS their participation trophy.

You go to work, you put in your hours, you get your paycheck. Kids go to practice, go to school, go wherever, put in their hours, they get orange slices and a participation trophy.

You went to school, you weren't valedictorian, you weren't salutatorian, you may not even have been in the top 50% of your graduating class, but you got your diploma because you did the work. That's your participation trophy.

Get off your high horse because you never won anything.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

You realize the reason kids get participation trophies is that they don't get paychecks, right? Even the worst player on the worst football team is a millionaire several times over. Their paycheck IS their participation trophy.

You go to work, you put in your hours, you get your paycheck. Kids go to practice, go to school, go wherever, put in their hours, they get orange slices and a participation trophy.

You went to school, you weren't valedictorian, you weren't salutatorian, you may not even have been in the top 50% of your graduating class, but you got your diploma because you did the work. That's your participation trophy.

The worst football players on the worst teams are far from millionaires
  • TVF wrote: »
    This culture is ruining the western world

I stopped reading.

Wait, is their an underlying "western world not ruined", "western world is already ruined", "he thinks toxic mindsets are unique to the western world and are spreading like a virus away from our virgin pristine mindsets", or "he thinks the western world is moving away from its fantastical glory?"
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

The worst football players on the worst teams are far from millionaires

My college mentor used to tell me, " You know what they call the worst GPA graduate at the end of med school? Doctor."