Apple Users

Prev1
USAmazing
1157 posts Member
edited March 2016
Yes I have an iPhone (getting a galaxy again next time for sure), and yes I have posted this several times, but it's just too true...LoL

image_3.jpeg

Other iPhone users feel free to vent on this post... Just keep it clean!

Edit: any thoughts on phones and systems too best play SWGoH are welcome!
"You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Post edited by USAmazing on

Replies

• Options
    You do know when you get your galaxy you can't transfer your account over? As with most games. Just fyi
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    The more important thing is that they don't allow cross platform log in. It's just silly.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    This is one of many reasons I always hung on to my Android devices. Unlike Google, I hardly see Apple paying for exclusive content in games, etc. It's similar to the beamer mentality of being a part of a elite group, a privilege to use Apple products. No thanks, I prefer Google.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    papnwors wrote: »
    You do know when you get your galaxy you can't transfer your account over? As with most games. Just fyi

Oy .... Did not know that... I really really dislike iPhones and apple now more than ever...

I had a galaxy phone... (Long story)
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    The more important thing is that they don't allow cross platform log in. It's just silly.

Yeah so I am just finding this out... Bummer

This iPhone is getting worse with each post...
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    I like my iPhone enough that this doesn't bother me. Never had a Galaxy but I had a couple of bad experiences with other Android phones so I'll stick with iPhone.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I like my iPhone enough that this doesn't bother me. Never had a Galaxy but I had a couple of bad experiences with other Android phones so I'll stick with iPhone.

I can relate to that. This is why many stick to Apple, with the exception of the failed iphone 5c. Typically Apple makes only flag ship models and sells previous year models at a discount. They don't make lesser models. Android on the other hand, you can install it on any platform even a hamster in a wheel. So many first time android users get the low line device and have a horrible experience because the hardware is so poor.
  • Enigmaticien
    384 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Android are an expensive fragile Toys.
    Every people Who Know How to use iPhone like them .
    All people Who Know How to use Android prefer iPhone . It's all we Can see every where Around :#
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.

@USAmazing it's the same going from android to iPhone. It's not an apple thing. It's just the way these games work. It's cross platform.

• USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options

Yeah I know a lot of you out there still love and like iPhone, it's cool I understand.

My first phone was a galaxy... So I basiclly learned on that one, and got used to it, some crazy stuff happened and i don't have that galaxy anymore.

I got hooked up with this phone, which prob adds to my frustration
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    I just get my moms hand me down phones so I have an iPhone but I prefer android.

I don't really care though, arguing over which phone you have is more useless than trump supporters.
  • Options
    TBH I'm not really concerned with the Android-only event. I'd rather have my iPhone 6+ and those guys can have their droid only event. :)
  • Options
    TBH I'm not really concerned with the Android-only event. I'd rather have my iPhone 6+ and those guys can have their droid only event. :)

Haha probably the comment of the day! I feel better already.

• USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    I just get my moms hand me down phones so I have an iPhone but I prefer android.

That's basically my situation aswell... Hand me down!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Nutteralex wrote: »

That's basically my situation aswell... Hand me down!

Lol I'm a student so she knows I wouldn't have a phone if it wasn't for hand me downs.
  • Options
    Love the meme. I'm ok with platform only events, it promotes the game through iTunes or Google play which at the end of the day, they are each competing businesses. But I will throw my hat in the corner of the group that wants cross platform sign in. I lost a bunch of progress and characters on a DC game when I switched from an apple ipad to a Google tablet.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not about getting a droid team or anything... Just the credits and mats and other goodies I would like aswell and it's hard knowing that others are getting that stuff as we speak and their getting a bit of a boost in their roster.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not about getting a droid team or anything... Just the credits and mats and other goodies I would like aswell and it's hard knowing that others are getting that stuff as we speak and their getting a bit of a boost in their roster.

I was expecting a little more from the Droid event. Was a complete push over with my current Droids, and the rewards were so minimal. If anything is not a bad event to convert shards to the shop and buy Vader/whatever. You are not missing out on much...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    My daughter has an iPhone, my wife just an iPod (earlier). I have an Android phone. We found two things:

1) My daughter's $500 iPhone 5 takes better pictures than my $50 Android LG90.
    2) For $450, she can have better pictures (other than the picture taking, they're basically the same).

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Here's a question I should probably know but don't: Do Android and iOS users play against each other in arena? Or are the brackets separated?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Here's a question I should probably know but don't: Do Android and iOS users play against each other in arena? Or are the brackets separated?

Together.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »

I was expecting a little more from the Droid event. Was a complete push over with my current Droids, and the rewards were so minimal. If anything is not a bad event to convert shards to the shop and buy Vader/whatever. You are not missing out on much...

Well that does make feel a little better...
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    My daughter has an iPhone, my wife just an iPod (earlier). I have an Android phone. We found two things:

1) My daughter's $500 iPhone 5 takes better pictures than my $50 Android LG90.
    2) For $450, she can have better pictures (other than the picture taking, they're basically the same).

Wow... Yeah my iPhone is a hand me down so I really shouldn't complain.... I just miss my galaxy.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Do not hate your iphones. Hate the programmers, distributers, and ea, for not allowing cross platform gaming in this game. Apple did nothing except create a phone that works without daily restarting, an os that doesn't require 15 different anti virus programs to keep it safe, an os that doesn't have 3 pages of bloatware, and the list goes on. You have the safer, better phone. If you want to keep all your goh content go get a hundred dollar tablet that runs android and viola, you have the best if both worlds
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Mods ... Not sure why this just got moved to Off Topic??? I put it in General because the droid event is being talked about there and thanks to this post being in General Disscussion I got more responses and I learned some things about phones and this game...

I think this is spot on for General Disscussion and was my first post there I have only started post in Off Topic, and my first one gets 86ed from general Disscussion!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Do not hate your iphones. Hate the programmers, distributers, and ea, for not allowing cross platform gaming in this game. Apple did nothing except create a phone that works without daily restarting, an os that doesn't require 15 different anti virus programs to keep it safe, an os that doesn't have 3 pages of bloatware, and the list goes on. You have the safer, better phone. If you want to keep all your goh content go get a hundred dollar tablet that runs android and viola, you have the best if both worlds

I feel you... As for the tablet idea, I like that! I think I will look into a tablet droid and stick with my (free) iPhone.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    @USAmazing just accept, the establishment has control.
    {RotE}
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @LaLiam
    Lol... They wanna control every thing ... Even where I'm allowed to post!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just looking at General Disscussion now ... There are a lot of off topic posts there why did this get moved and those did not?

Who moved this?... How is this Off Topic from The Disscussion???
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @BentWookie you around wook? Any chance this could get un-moved? It's not like it is gonna stay on front page, it will get buryed by tomorrow anyways.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi