Need mod filter and/or sort by level

Please add the ability to filter mods by level, or at minimum be able to sort by level. Additionally, please allow the ability to reverse the sort order. Additionally (again), please add the ability to choose an “everything EXCEPT...” filter.

This would be a good *start* to making this nearly unmanageable mod system even just the tiniest bit less annoying. Thank you.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Why?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Nvm, misread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    I think I might find some of this useful but you lost me at the hyperbole. We definitely don't need this. And mods are not unmanageable. I have around 1000 and think the system is fine. Not great, just fine.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    There is zero hyperbole in my post.
    This would be a good *start* to making this nearly unmanageable mod system even just the tiniest bit less annoying. Thank you.

Looks suspiciously like hyperbole to me.

I have over 1000 mods, 175 level 85 characters, and 170 7* characters. I'm able to manage just fine.

You think the system is fine? Have you ever had to swap mods for an entire team for one event, like a raid

Yes, and in order to keep this to a minimum I have farmed a lot of mods. Alot.
    or even fighting a particular player in your arena?

No. I don't move arena mods. And I finish in the top 2 every day.
    And then after you perform that event, you would likely want to swap those mods back to their original locations, right?

No. When I move mods around it is almost always a one direction move. I don't move them back and forth very often. Primarily only when testing some things and comparing mod sets. Loadouts work great for this.

Do you think this system is scaleable? This system incorporates 6 separate mod slots, with 8 different possible mod sets, with each slot providing one of *eleven* different potential primary stats, and each slot randomly providing 4 out of a possible TWELVE different secondary stats. And this already incredibly complex matrix of possibilities must be slotted to each and every hero you play, which in theory right now could be up to 176 characters, with that number obviously growing constantly.

You lost me here. What are you scaling to? There are already 176 characters in the game as you point out. Are you asking if I think this will work with 10x that? Because of course I think this will work fine with 177 characters. And 180. And even 342 characters.
    From a game design perspective, this is horrid. And I didn’t even touch on all of this in my OP. All I’m asking for are just a couple of relatively minor improvements to the filtering system. There is zero hyperbole in my post. If anything, I was being pretty tame in how I’m holding back the avalanche of criticism I have about this system.

You say horrid. I say it's fine. The changes you propose are probably fine too. A lot really depends on how you think mods were meant to be used and how close you come to using them in that manner.

• StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Ok whatever. You think the mod system is great.

No, he thinks it's "fine." That is not the same as "great."
    However, our opinions of this system’s viability and usability are not the point of the thread. The point is about improving the filtering and sorting functionality to be able to more quickly find something within the sea of mods that you yourself admit are required to have. The current filtering and sorting is lacking basic functionality that’s present in standard filtering and sorting systems in most software that contains it.

I happen to agree exclusion filters and sorting by level would be useful. Not needed, but it would definitely help a lot.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    given the ways in which the system is quite obviously designed (albeit, again, poorly) to encourage mod swapping

If I read this correctly, you believe the system is designed to encourage mod swapping?

This is not correct and is somewhat addressed by your follow up comment:
    If a system design’s intent is to encourage player behavior A, and we find that players actually exhibit player behavior B to be able to work within that system, it suggests the design is flawed.

CG admitted that their design intent was to encourage players to not swap mods and they found that instead, players were going to great lengths to swap mods within the system. To that end they introduced loadouts to help players a bit. However, the interpretation of mod management as "changing mods as infrequently as possible" is exactly the one that CG is encouraging. They want players to continue to spend time and resources farming mods. Every little bit they to do make it easier to use fewer and fewer mods across your entire roster goes against the idea of mod farming being an infinite resource drain. I believe that within the system that CG wants, mod management is scalable.