Let's not kid ourselves about dook

Dispite what it says his bonus attack rate is 100% on both normal attacks and assists, with added damage and meter gain if attacking outside of a go - it is far too much imo...however he is also closer to what mace windu should have been than the rubbish we got landed with!!!

Replies

• He's easy to kill but his repeats are tiresome more than anything. Compared to many other chars he's over powered (Biggs, Greedo)
  • Gavon1074 wrote: »
    He's easy to kill but his repeats are tiresome more than anything. Compared to many other chars he's over powered (Biggs, Greedo)

LOL compared to two characters that got killed minutes after their introductions in the movies
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    As I have said many times. Dooku is one of the most perfect toons that's built in this game, which is also the issue as 90% of the toons are not. Dooku has as many weaknesses as he does strengths. This is what makes him a perfect build. He also has to be on a team that calls in allies to assist to hit his full potential.

I'm guessing you don't run meta teams, or go against them. If you think dooku is bad just wait. It takes dooku 8 hits to kill you when it takes GS just 1, and GS has more health, and fast ( not as fast as dooku ). Wait till FOTP is on a team and he is called in on assist as that's also a 1 hit kill. I could keep going but you get the point.
  • Dooku is too much with stuns / counter/ and high speed.
  • Dooku is a perfectly balanced character in my opinion. Yoda can now basically counter him 100% with Battle meditation. Without his stun/ability block against Jedi, he has low health and average attack.

Everyone also needs to remember that Jedi need counters with how numerous they are. Sith need love too :)
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Too bad, Dooku cant call Rey as assist on his basic! :tongue:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    I hate dooku because I run a QGJ, Yoda, Lumi team (plus rey and gs). He (and Sid), tend to give me some guff in arena. So on offense instead of winning 90% of the time, I win 80% of the time when facing teams with Dooku
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Dooku is way overpowered. He's the fastest character. He stuns and ability blocks on his hits. He counters 100% and gets bonus hits nearly every time, and gives himself extra turn meter for these hits and counters. I've seen him attack 7 times in a row, not including his attack with a bonus attack right before that. Dooku counters QGJ, Dooku counters Sidius, Dooku bonus counters QGJ, Dooku gets a second move and attacks QGJ again, Dooku bonus attacks QGJ, Dooku gets an assist and calls on himself to attack QGJ again, Dooku bonus assists himself attacking QGJ for the 6th time, 7th total attack in a row. Thank god his damage is low.
  • If he was OP I'd have him back on my team but I've got him benched. Like others have said he has low health I can kill him in 2 hits 3 at most with QGJ as long as you use humbling blow.
  • Gavon1074 wrote: »
    He's easy to kill but his repeats are tiresome more than anything. Compared to many other chars he's over powered (Biggs, Greedo)

LOL compared to two characters that got killed minutes after their introductions in the movies

Irrelevant. What's the point of adding MOST of the characters at all if that's the way to look it at.
  • The fact that you can kill him when you're on offence doesn't mean anything, I walk through teams of GS, rey, QGJ, FOTP plus whoever else. They are still too OP as you shouldn't be able to one hit kill anyone....a point proven by the fact they are now nerfing all these characters in the coming weeks so they do less damage.
    My point is - having someone that can do 7 attacks in a row and every one of those has +50% attack power and he gains turn meter and can stun on every hit is too much
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    sorry but he is OP, the being able to kill him argument is valid for all toons

when you compare him to the vast amount of useless characters in this game he is completely OP. stop comparing him to QGJ, Rey etc... since they are all OP as well. instead compare him to jedi knight guardian, coruscant, mob enforcer, etc..

having a few OP characters just makes everyone use the same roster and dumbs down the game.

having all characters balanced will only make the game more fun because it will expand variety of teams being fielded and tactics, instead of continually fighting the same fights over and over again.
  • lunarwolf wrote: »

when you compare him to the vast amount of useless characters in this game he is completely OP. stop comparing him to QGJ, Rey etc... since they are all OP as well. instead compare him to jedi knight guardian, coruscant, mob enforcer, etc..

having a few OP characters just makes everyone use the same roster and dumbs down the game.

having all characters balanced will only make the game more fun because it will expand variety of teams being fielded and tactics, instead of continually fighting the same fights over and over again.

I don't feel he is OP in the same sense of the damage GS, FOTP etc can do. I don't believe anyone should be able to on hit KO any character...they did get dookus attack power right.
    I just feel the potential volume of attacks (when considering the added abilities that go with them) is too high.
    This is more of a response towards people saying he is a perfect toon in terms of balance. I think he would be much more balanced if he kept all of his abilities but didn't get the bonus attacks on a counter attack.

If you compare him to anyone you should take notice on their skills. Dooku would probably lose to Jkg for example because she can self-heal on passive more than dooku can hit, even more so with jkg's off down and ability block ;)
    With the coming update i believe my 7* gear 9 JKG gets to see some arena-time!
  • If all of those toons are "OP", maybe we should just nerf everyone and start having them slap fight instead. You are all entitled to your opinion, but seeing all the "so-and-so is OP" complaints is getting tiresome.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    lunarwolf wrote: »

How many games like this have you played? In every game like this, there is always a top 10% that out perform the other 90%. A game with every single toon balanced will never happen, unless they only have 4 toons.

What some are you are saying is fix it to where dooku is not usable. Before you start saying no, no, no, if you took away dooku 100% counter and the bonus attacks thier would not be a reason to use him. He has weak dmg and low health. His counters and bonus attacks is why he is even used. Take them away and he would drop down to almost the bottom of the list.

Honestly your talking about nerfing him to where he is not even usable. His stun is only high chance against Jedi. A lot have ability block, and dooku hardly ever ability blocks.

Just because you don't know how to fight him does not mean be needs nerfed. I never even used dooku until now because his leader skill (oh let me guess that's also op), I see dookus on other teams that's the last toon I target. Just because you want to target him first and let his skills do what they are designed to do, doesn't mean he is op. Means you suck against him. Oh he gets bonus attacks with phasma. Well great, the team is designed for exactly that. Sorry your team suck and can't beat it.

The whole nerf everyone because I can't beat them is really getting old. Learn to play the game or just stop playing and move to another game. In 3 months this game has been out I have seen a couple good toons now get nerfed to almost unusable because of everyone crying because their team of jedis can't beat everything in game.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    I dont need a team of Jedis to beat everything, i got GS ... :tongue: (j/k)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    lunarwolf wrote: »

How many games like this have you played? In every game like this, there is always a top 10% that out perform the other 90%. A game with every single toon balanced will never happen, unless they only have 4 toons.

What some are you are saying is fix it to where dooku is not usable. Before you start saying no, no, no, if you took away dooku 100% counter and the bonus attacks thier would not be a reason to use him. He has weak dmg and low health. His counters and bonus attacks is why he is even used. Take them away and he would drop down to almost the bottom of the list.

Honestly your talking about nerfing him to where he is not even usable. His stun is only high chance against Jedi. A lot have ability block, and dooku hardly ever ability blocks.

Just because you don't know how to fight him does not mean be needs nerfed. I never even used dooku until now because his leader skill (oh let me guess that's also op), I see dookus on other teams that's the last toon I target. Just because you want to target him first and let his skills do what they are designed to do, doesn't mean he is op. Means you suck against him. Oh he gets bonus attacks with phasma. Well great, the team is designed for exactly that. Sorry your team suck and can't beat it.

The whole nerf everyone because I can't beat them is really getting old. Learn to play the game or just stop playing and move to another game. In 3 months this game has been out I have seen a couple good toons now get nerfed to almost unusable because of everyone crying because their team of jedis can't beat everything in game.

Your completely right. Doesn't even have anything to do with Jedi's, people simply don't know how to play against him right or don't have a very good team period. I run a full F2P Jedi team not even maxed out and have no issues with Dooku while also taking top 20 easy. Like you said, he gets left for last every time. There is a long list of character's that are targeted over him because they are way more of a threat. Rey, FOTP, GS, Leia, QGJ, PHasma, IG-86, IG-88, Yoda, RG, Poe, Lum.....ect
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    I said jedis because that's where most of these come from. I have seen alot of post saying so and so is op, and so and so should be buffed because I farmed jedis, who I like, and not what's good in game, because I think jedis should be all powerful because of the movies.

I agree with you, is funny because most of the time you have specific characters in the arena to counter the effects of the same characters people use in their teams. Hahaha I'm one of the %5 maybe that uses the Jedi Knight Guardian and find her useful. Maybe because of her debuf and ability blocks, my strategy relies mostly on the ability blocks of my adversary. Since most of the people reuse the same Teams.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Breetai wrote: »
    I said jedis because that's where most of these come from. I have seen alot of post saying so and so is op, and so and so should be buffed because I farmed jedis, who I like, and not what's good in game, because I think jedis should be all powerful because of the movies.
    Sure ... ppl of course prefer iconic characters over generic fillers, so why not asking for make the iconic ones at least stronger than generics ...
    However if you ask me, all generic characters should be nearly the same strong (any of its own way) and all iconic chars should be close to each others (also every one in its own way), but stilll a bit stronger than generics, but harder to get. I dislike situations like now, where you get forced to farm specific chars if you want to be successful, im sure, even the devs didnt want what it looks like right now. it just happened (bad/no beta testing). if devs would want us to use all the same chars, they would just remove 70 chars so that there are the 6 "meta" chars left only ...
    Left by design.
  • Breetai wrote: »

Yeah I even tho I would like to see some Jedi's become usable like Plo Koon and Mace I'm not wanting Jedi to be all powerful. Of coarse there should be competition between all faction's in the game. Example: The Sith have anti-jedi abilities and in return the Jedi got Yoda to negate most of them. Clearly there are a lot worse off character's than Plo and Mace in the current game roster's. Fingers cross that with fortitude and the new damage scaling this will bring a lot more character's out of the shadows.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Wow this thread is a waste of time. Dooku *IS NOT OVERPOWERED*

His bonus attack *IS NOT 100%*

Most of these complaints are coming from *PEOPLE WHO RUN JEDI!*

If you dont run jedi..... *DOOKU ISNT A PROBLEM!*

I would get him off my team if I could. He has no hp, a GS assist will one shot him, a QGJ assist will one shot him, a Rey will one shot him, a FOTP will one shot him, a Greedo can one shot him, Yoda counters him instantly, *and on and on and on*

Seriously, this thread is almost as irrelevant as people complaining about Sid dodge when they are playing jedi.
  • We don't need another character nerf. Just collect and unlock Dooku yourself if you want to overcome his advantage. If you can't beat him, join him. But don't ruin a good character.
  • @BentWookiee can you close this thread please
  • @BentWookiee can you close this thread please

Sure.. Thread closed at request of OP.

This discussion has been closed.