Ladder: Smite, Blasphemy, Semender, Kosar, Jonawan, Eiignam, MasterSgtDave, Maystory, Pruemel...

Prev134567
Smite
259 posts Member
edited April 2016
Looking for other players on my Arena ladder / shard / server and I'm interested to see if anyone else from our ladder frequents the forums.
My name is Smite, I'm a member of Team iNstinct and I'm curious to see who else is on the forums.
Currently the top 20 players are (as they are constantly changing):
  1. Smite
  2. Blasphemy
  3. Semender
  4. Kosar
  5. Jonawan
  6. Eiignam
  7. MasterSgtDave
  8. Maystory
  9. Pruemel
  10. Electric
  11. Kirty
  12. Qef Tser
  13. whushjatia
  14. KChizzy
  15. Drake23
  16. mixahead
  17. Gérard Deulofeu
  18. Euue
  19. Denis
  20. JRusher95

Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Post edited by Smite on

Replies

• Blasphemy
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    hello smite , I'm blasphemy . I must compliment , you have one of the most imaginative and special teams in our servers , and you're definitely one of the strongest , maybe the strongest , I got very inspired by you and it is always a pleasure to see each day that the team deploys .
    Post edited by Blasphemy on
  • P.S. I m italian, w r u from?
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Blasphemy wrote: »
    hello smite , I'm blasphemy . I must compliment , you have one of the most imaginative and special teams in our servers , and you're definitely one of the strongest , maybe the strongest , I got very inspired by you and it is always a pleasure to see each day that the team deploys .

Hi Blasphemy,

First of all thanks for your kind words. Yes, I like to play around with characters and see how they can defend. When doing this I mostly play on auto to see how the AI is doing and which advantage in defending that might bring, as atm everyone can beat everyone.

I see that you're a p2p/p2w player as well and also trying new characters and strategies but also good old Ben and Leia. I like to challenge new combos rather then another droid team and your team is defenitly a solid one.

Did you met anyone else from our shard?

Keep it up, Blasphemy and let's chat through the forum here.

PS: I'm German, but actually live in South Africa.
  • good morning, thanks though I do not know what it means p2p and p2w .. however now I'm leveling Rey and Cad Bane .. we'll see if I can find a winning strategy :)
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    Yes, Rey is definitely a character worth farming. With her ability to one-shot she will always be a soft target and numero uno on the killing list. If she survive she can take out almost every toon and will have foresight.

Which character from your team will you sacrifice for Rey?
  • Blasphemy
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    do not know yet, you have tips? QGJ need for speed and for its potential of attack. I love Joda. the old Ben is useful against teams of attackers. and Dooko is essential to counter-attack and stun

I try now Dooko leader, QGJ, Joda, Rey, Leia
    Post edited by Blasphemy on
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I guess Dokuu is the best lead atm.

QGJ is only good for speed as leader - he will have an assist (as long as you didn't stun that slot before), but too low on health. So you might have to make a decision between Dooku and QGJ for the lead which depends on your team that you're running.

I commented on Rey in my last post.

The AI is good in doing worse for Yoda. If he really uses meditation as soon as he has something to share... He will be so much op with Ima... you target him, he counters, get foresight and spread it out :-) As long as that isn't fixed I'll leave him out.

Leia is a solid character but as long as we have the speed meta she is too slow. She always loses a round when stealthing and will come back the next one with a good amount of damage - often too late against speed/dps teams.

A good defense team would be: Dooku, Rey, RG, Dakka and EE. You kill Rey, Dakka or EE will bring her back, possible twice. And you must one-shot her, otherwise RG kicks is. She can almost take out any charakter in one-hit, while beeing protected by the others... but of course there is always a counter for a counter for a counter... but I guess that will be the most annoying team at the moment :-)
  • I agree with you. However at the moment I have not leveled the characters for that team .. how about a team of: Lead Dooku, Rey, Real Guard, Barris, Unduli? or the same team, but instead of Unduli Dakka?
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    The real damage in the team you're suggesting is ony done by Rey. As Barris and Lumi don't bring her back and Daka is not a guaranteed revive, the damage is gone once Rey is one-shotted. Also with a stunned RG and focussed Rey it's a game over.

And yes, RG is a good protection and help your team to breath a little. But maybe still not enough damage to win the fight with Lumi and Barris.

The actual meta dictates that you need heavy dmg critters to win the fight. The update may change this as the devs are planning to prolong the fights and give defense a chance.

Until that it's speed, damage, more speed, damage, more damage, speed... :smiley:
  • Blasphemy
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2016

___
  • EnderU
    103 posts Member
    Hello, just saw this post....

I am a Mol Eliza (sigh) playing from the start (but my 6 year old son was too impatient to wait for me to read the intro, so I guess I am stuck with Mol Eliza until they implement a way to change it in game).

I run Dooku lead ATM (was QGJ), with QGJ, GS, Lumi and Yoda 7 star, all maxed. Think I was the second person to hit Level 70 on our shard, behind Smite. I usually try to make a run to no 1 every other day or so, but often depending on work, so often I get stuck around 12-15.

P2P certainly, but not perhaps quite P2W.

Anyways,

Gratz on the strong teams, you both have the strongest/most interesting teams on the shard!

Whilst I have beaten you both before (as you have me, no doubt many times), I generally try to stay away from both of your teams, as we don't seem to compete in the same timezones (I'm in Aus).

Good to finally find someone on my shard - Cya round the Arena!
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hey to all, I am Drake23 :-) Glad to found you all, and please stop attacking me ;-)
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Hello to all. Smite, have you Anakin seven stars? as it is as a striker? I'd like to make a team of only jedi. QGJ leader, Yoda, Old Ben, and two others, I was thinking Anduli and Anakin .. Or just Sith, I have Palp 7 stars, 7 stars Dooku, Maul 7 stars, 7 stars Savage, Ventres 7 stars ..... I get back to your infinite wisdom :)
  • Sith only would be better at this point. There are so many Jedis. All are using QGJ and Yoda. A Dooku Lead with Sid and Maul would be very hard to take down. This **** Evasion :-)

What do you think about the Meta Change? I need 2 shards for Leia to be 6 Star, should I pull more chromium or wait till the update is there?
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Welcome EnderU (Mol Eliza) and Drake23 on this thread. It's always nice to see other players from the same shard.
    Blasphemy wrote: »
    Hello to all. Smite, have you Anakin seven stars? as it is as a striker? I'd like to make a team of only jedi. QGJ leader, Yoda, Old Ben, and two others, I was thinking Anduli and Anakin .. Or just Sith, I have Palp 7 stars, 7 stars Dooku, Maul 7 stars, 7 stars Savage, Ventres 7 stars ..... I get back to your infinite wisdom :)

Anakin is awesome. If he's ignored in place of squishy DPS he wrecks. If they focus him your squishy DPS wrecks. A full Jedi team isn't bad at all and if you dont have Rex or Yoda to get tenacity up you are in trouble. I would go Ima cause I love to see counters but Anakin offense up is really nice too. But as more and more people understand the value of Dokuu against Jedi teams I would not spend any ability mats on him now. If you want to run Anakin another good team could be:
    • Ashoka lead
    • Anakin
    • Yoda
    • Lumi
    • Dakka

Lots of evade and turn meter gain and not too slow. Or Ashoka lead, Anakin, Yoda, Aayla, Dakka.
    Drake23 wrote: »
    Sith only would be better at this point. There are so many Jedis. All are using QGJ and Yoda. A Dooku Lead with Sid and Maul would be very hard to take down. This **** Evasion :-)

What do you think about the Meta Change? I need 2 shards for Leia to be 6 Star, should I pull more chromium or wait till the update is there?

A pure Sith team might be too slow atm. And with more and more teams with Dokuu lead coming up, Maul make no sense, as he never uses his AOE. Always hits RG with basic as 1st move. Good job, AI. :-) Try to play it on auto and you'll know.

I put an AoE team in, Sid, GG, RG, Ventress, Maul against a Jedi team for kicks and it was pretty brutal. But would not hold on defense though. It was hella funny. :-)

I'm not investing into chromium until I know what the devs are coming up with. I rather pool my abilitiy mats, hairdryers, handcuffs etc... Maybe you know this website already: http://swgoh.gg/characters/aayla-secura/gear/ (using a gearing example of Aayla), but you can see what mats you need to hoard for a kick start.

Enjoy the game!
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    I am very excited about the meta changes, at this point many cool combos we cannot use because they are not fast enough. I hope in the new meta a fight will last more than 3 rounds. An there will be more Tier 1/2 heroes that are viable.

I know swgoh.gg but that are dataminded information. They exists a long time. I am not sure if they won't get changed in the next patch to weaken the attack of the fast characters and integrate this kind of "shield" Jesse talked about.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Hey guys, pls be kindly to me and don't attack me before payout time of UTC+01:00. I had to do my fights earlier today ;-)
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • EnderU
    103 posts Member

Leia with Rebels seems like it has promise....
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    You might have seen it already, but we decided at Team iNstinct to published a guide how to stock energy best for the lvl 80 upgrade as a contribution to the community:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/23108/getting-to-80-stockpile-and-leveling-guide-by-team-instinct#latest

Enjoy The Game.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Smite wrote: »
    You might have seen it already, but we decided at Team iNstinct to published a guide how to stock energy best for the lvl 80 upgrade as a contribution to the community:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/23108/getting-to-80-stockpile-and-leveling-guide-by-team-instinct#latest

Enjoy The Game.

Thanks but I won't spent energy, it will be a great pleasure to kick with lvl79 some lvl80 **** :-P

Drake23, Its a trap
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    The new payout times are stupid, I can manage to do some fights some minutes before 4pm and some fights before 6pm. But 7pm is bad. What do you think about the new daylight saving times?
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Oh look.. some people I recognise :-) Im "David" in this ladder. I actually thought I was giving a single player game a nickname. Hence I ended up with just "David". Oh well.. better then Mol Eliza.

Im actually one of the few people on our server that has not farmed a single Count Doku shard. Maybe its just because I dont like the guy. Thus.. I had easier times getting into the top ten, but all manageable. I tend to mix up the roaster alot.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Oh look.. some people I recognise :-) Im "David" in this ladder. I actually thought I was giving a single player game a nickname. Hence I ended up with just "David". Oh well.. better then Mol Eliza.

Im actually one of the few people on our server that has not farmed a single Count Doku shard. Maybe its just because I dont like the guy. Thus.. I had easier times getting into the top ten, but all manageable. I tend to mix up the roaster alot.

I am fighting you at this moment, welcome :-)

Was a hard first round, lost my Daka (I want her bug back :-)) But after I took your GS and stun Phasma before she gave Advantage your heroes had no chance.

Drake23, Its a trap
  • Drake23 wrote: »
    Oh look.. some people I recognise :-) Im "David" in this ladder. I actually thought I was giving a single player game a nickname. Hence I ended up with just "David". Oh well.. better then Mol Eliza.

Im acutally in a different time zone now that Germany has switched to Summer Time. So thats CEST or UTC+2.

Oh I'll wait for the dust to settle then I'll work my way up towards payout time :-)
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member

Im acutally in a different time zone now that Germany has switched to Summer Time. So thats CEST or UTC+2.

Oh I'll wait for the dust to settle then I'll work my way up towards payout time :-)

Sadly I am in UTC+2, too. I am also from Germany. But between 6 and 7pm I hove not much time :-(

Drake23, Its a trap
  • http://imgur.com/LcC2qgR

You guys and your "Meta" xD
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Was a nice fight today, See you tomorrow ;)
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    Welcome MasterSgtDave to our small family.
    http://imgur.com/LcC2qgR

Well, you're free to do so but the way back to #1 is maybe longer and costly then following the actual meta. And as many before me mentioned, it's not about who you can defeat but how good you defend your success.

With the new updates with the level 80 cap and new game mechanics it will be again an interesting approach. Speaking bluntly again many of the f2p players will be left in the dust behind as new neames pop up every day.

I welcome each and all of them having their own success story in the game.

Enjoy The Game
    Smite wrote: »

Enjoy The Game.

Thanks but I won't spent energy, it will be a great pleasure to kick with lvl79 some lvl80 **** :-P

It's about stockpiling energy the best and spending it at the right time. Even to get to level 79 will take you a minimum of two weeks. And without throwing money into it even longer. Let's see who kicks whos **** at the end as I like a good competition. :smiley:
  • Smite wrote: »
    Welcome MasterSgtDave to our small family.
    http://imgur.com/LcC2qgR

Well, you're free to do so but the way back to #1 is maybe longer and costly then following the actual meta. And as many before me mentioned, it's not about who you can defeat but how good you defend your success.

With the new updates with the level 80 cap and new game mechanics it will be again an interesting approach. Speaking bluntly again many of the f2p players will be left in the dust behind as new neames pop up every day.

I welcome each and all of them having their own success story in the game.

There really isnt much of a thing called "defending your success". With everything capped at 70 for a while almost everybody had the chance to reach the top. Sure your P2W teams hold top 20 a bit longer but even you guys tumble.. no real holding spots in my opinion. I consider myself a semi-P2P player ( I've bought a crystal pack here and there and mostly have an active crystal subscription going. ) and reaching top ten or even top five for payouts is more then enough. AND I usually switch my team with my last match ;-) I just experimented quite a bit with the other matches.

I for one am looking forward to the next updates. Got many heros ready to go that could be very strong.

• Smite
    259 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Everyone prepared for the update?

As Jesse mentioned the update will be here on Thursday. I tried to stockpile same energy & mats, but its hard looking at them and resisting not to spend them... tempted by the dark force :smiley:

What teams will you run for the dark/light side battles?

Light side: qgj, lumi, Rex, barris, Rey, ani
    Dark side: GS, RG, TS, Daka, dooku and phasma

Any other suggestions?
    Post edited by Smite on