GAC matchmaking totally collapsed

Halx
75 posts Member
CG, its going to be ridiculous.. What for are the Divisions, when most of my opponents are in a higher Division? And that is the case, because they have between 20-30% more GP than me!! And not because they have CUP and friends on 7*.. They have 500k+ more GP cause they have lots more g12 and high quality toons (wampa, padme, Malak for example), more and better mods and zetas... So please CG, tell me.. THIS should be a good matching?!

Replies

  • Those that refused to focus and just leveled up everything whined the loudest so they changed it so they could face lower gp people to win.

    Kinda removes the incentive to work on your roster if you ask me. Why care when you can not care, complain, and they "fix" the matchmaking to make it where you only face similar players who are also bad at building squads and get the same rewards as thosw that focus.
  • Nikoms565
    13075 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Oh..okay....I got this. So here are the answers to the OP as I understand them from all my forum friends.. *ahem*

    First off, those players that have Malak and Padmé have earned them and are entitled to their advantage over you. Besides, how else can CG encourage you to invest in your roster if you don't get trounced by superior ones?

    Ummm....second part - don't compare total GP, just look at the GP of the top 80 characters, because that's all you or your opponent need! Oh and disregard the fact that equal GP toons are different "quality" as you say - only the made up number GP matters.

    Thirdly, better mods, more zetas and g13 don't matter because CG didn't add them to the algorithm apart from how they count very minimally toward GP.
    Oh, almost forgot - don't complain before you've even fought the matches! Even though you might have played the game for several years, CG has promised close matches - you'll probably do much better than you think! Or maybe close matches doesn't mean what you think it does. <<=Not sure on that one yet.

    I'm sure some helpful forum friends will be along shortly to add anything I may have forgotten. In fact someof them are probably already feverishly typing some helpful responses already!

    May the Force be with you!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rath_Tarr
    3662 posts Member
    My first match was a wipe-out: opponent 2 Divisions higher but with a weaker top-end so he got crushed.

    Second match was a surprisingly fast and brutal affair which I won but could have gone either way. Lower GP opponent with a very potent top few squads but nothing of substance beneath that.

    Third match is with an opponent who has comparable GP and roster composition. Could go either way.
  • TVF
    25894 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh..okay....I got this. So here are the answers to the OP as I understand them from all my forum friends.. *ahem*

    @Nikoms565 you can't just drop in on the discord for one day to get the title of Forum Friend.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    13075 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh..okay....I got this. So here are the answers to the OP as I understand them from all my forum friends.. *ahem*

    @Nikoms565 you can't just drop in on the discord for one day to get the title of Forum Friend.

    Discord has nothing to do with the reference, as several who have made the points in my post aren't part of the Discord channel in question. And it clearly says "forum friends" not "Discord chums".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    25894 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh..okay....I got this. So here are the answers to the OP as I understand them from all my forum friends.. *ahem*

    @Nikoms565 you can't just drop in on the discord for one day to get the title of Forum Friend.

    Discord has nothing to do with the reference, as several who have made the points in my post aren't part of the Discord channel in question. And it clearly says "forum friends" not "Discord chums".

    Don't care, I'm convinced that everything is about me.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    13075 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh..okay....I got this. So here are the answers to the OP as I understand them from all my forum friends.. *ahem*

    @Nikoms565 you can't just drop in on the discord for one day to get the title of Forum Friend.

    Discord has nothing to do with the reference, as several who have made the points in my post aren't part of the Discord channel in question. And it clearly says "forum friends" not "Discord chums".

    Don't care, I'm convinced that everything is about me.

    That is, of course, because it actually is.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh..okay....I got this. So here are the answers to the OP as I understand them from all my forum friends.. *ahem*

    First off, those players that have Malak and Padmé have earned them and are entitled to their advantage over you. Besides, how else can CG encourage you to invest in your roster if you don't get trounced by superior ones?

    Ummm....second part - don't compare total GP, just look at the GP of the top 80 characters, because that's all you or your opponent need! Oh and disregard the fact that equal GP toons are different "quality" as you say - only the made up number GP matters.

    Thirdly, better mods, more zetas and g13 don't matter because CG didn't add them to the algorithm apart from how they count very minimally toward GP.
    Oh, almost forgot - don't complain before you've even fought the matches! Even though you might have played the game for several years, CG has promised close matches - you'll probably do much better than you think! Or maybe close matches doesn't mean what you think it does. <<=Not sure on that one yet.

    I'm sure some helpful forum friends will be along shortly to add anything I may have forgotten. In fact someof them are probably already feverishly typing some helpful responses already!

    May the Force be with you!

    I like the new Nikoms ;)

    A few corrections/nuances though:

    1) Like it or not, CG has shown this to be their stance on new, high value, characters. The recent changes to stimulate the DR/DM meta reinforces this. It's a temporary situation (until the next high value character is released) that they like. Better to accept this and work within the framework they've setup. For context, I liked GA a lot better before DM.

    2) 20k GP CUP =/= 20k GP Nest. I agree, but I don't want CG making this distinction. We as players should be deciding this and not gearing CUP to 20k GP. And I'm hoping they make changes at least on the top end to what they consider pertinent GP and match out another 4 squads in D1 and D2. If they don't I would suspect it's because their data would show that most battles end in one attempt with the offense winning. But they'll never share that data.

    3a) Zetas, specifically the number each player has and not which ones they have, should be counted. Otherwise a whale at 4M GP that's only been playing a year will be at a disadvantage when facing a launch player at 4M GP. ;) But seriously, like G13 (more on this later) zetas probably don't add enough GP to account for some of the stronger zeta abilities. This is the one change I think they could safely make immediately. Add zeta count to the matchmaking.

    3b) G13 does count. Your GP goes up both when you equip the gear and when you upgrade to G13. It may not be enough to distinguish it but we don't know that yet. Again, CG has data they don't share (but should). Let's keep an eye on this one and raise a ruckus after the first full GAC if nothing is changed.

    3c) Mods should not be compared. If they get everything else lined up so that the matchup is "equal" then mods should be a difference maker. There is no gate to mod farming. Everyone can do it. Sure it's random but a heavy investment in farming and slicing should be a distinguisher in all PvP modes. As you pointed out elsewhere, there has to be something that can give players an advantage. Otherwise how does one get better at GA?

    A solid effort though. You nailed some points ;)
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    When I was reading Nikom's Post, I thought he was just being funny because those are usually the "arguments" that people spam over and over again because they can't think of anything else, but am happy to see a serious response because it became even funnier.
  • jhbuchholz
    1967 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    When I was reading Nikom's Post, I thought he was just being funny because those are usually the "arguments" that people spam over and over again because they can't think of anything else, but am happy to see a serious response because it became even funnier.

    I'm sure that whatever counter "reasons" you're withholding from us are unique and insightful arguments the likes of which the forums have never seen. Please do share.
  • Nikoms565
    13075 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh..okay....I got this. So here are the answers to the OP as I understand them from all my forum friends.. *ahem*

    First off, those players that have Malak and Padmé have earned them and are entitled to their advantage over you. Besides, how else can CG encourage you to invest in your roster if you don't get trounced by superior ones?

    Ummm....second part - don't compare total GP, just look at the GP of the top 80 characters, because that's all you or your opponent need! Oh and disregard the fact that equal GP toons are different "quality" as you say - only the made up number GP matters.

    Thirdly, better mods, more zetas and g13 don't matter because CG didn't add them to the algorithm apart from how they count very minimally toward GP.
    Oh, almost forgot - don't complain before you've even fought the matches! Even though you might have played the game for several years, CG has promised close matches - you'll probably do much better than you think! Or maybe close matches doesn't mean what you think it does. <<=Not sure on that one yet.

    I'm sure some helpful forum friends will be along shortly to add anything I may have forgotten. In fact someof them are probably already feverishly typing some helpful responses already!

    May the Force be with you!

    I like the new Nikoms ;)

    A few corrections/nuances though:

    1) Like it or not, CG has shown this to be their stance on new, high value, characters. The recent changes to stimulate the DR/DM meta reinforces this. It's a temporary situation (until the next high value character is released) that they like. Better to accept this and work within the framework they've setup. For context, I liked GA a lot better before DM.


    A solid effort though. You nailed some points ;)

    I always get confused on this one. I can never keep straight if the advantage players with all the new, high value, characters already have in squad arena, TW, raids, TB and all the other events is also supposed extend to GAC. But, since that's what's happening, I can only assume that's precisely how CG intends it to be, because everything in this game works so flawlessly....oh, look, someone just scored another 1,000 points in GAC and leads the world! Oh, this is exciting!!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • jhbuchholz
    1967 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh..okay....I got this. So here are the answers to the OP as I understand them from all my forum friends.. *ahem*

    First off, those players that have Malak and Padmé have earned them and are entitled to their advantage over you. Besides, how else can CG encourage you to invest in your roster if you don't get trounced by superior ones?

    Ummm....second part - don't compare total GP, just look at the GP of the top 80 characters, because that's all you or your opponent need! Oh and disregard the fact that equal GP toons are different "quality" as you say - only the made up number GP matters.

    Thirdly, better mods, more zetas and g13 don't matter because CG didn't add them to the algorithm apart from how they count very minimally toward GP.
    Oh, almost forgot - don't complain before you've even fought the matches! Even though you might have played the game for several years, CG has promised close matches - you'll probably do much better than you think! Or maybe close matches doesn't mean what you think it does. <<=Not sure on that one yet.

    I'm sure some helpful forum friends will be along shortly to add anything I may have forgotten. In fact someof them are probably already feverishly typing some helpful responses already!

    May the Force be with you!

    I like the new Nikoms ;)

    A few corrections/nuances though:

    1) Like it or not, CG has shown this to be their stance on new, high value, characters. The recent changes to stimulate the DR/DM meta reinforces this. It's a temporary situation (until the next high value character is released) that they like. Better to accept this and work within the framework they've setup. For context, I liked GA a lot better before DM.


    A solid effort though. You nailed some points ;)

    I always get confused on this one. I can never keep straight if the advantage players with all the new, high value, characters already have in squad arena, TW, raids, TB and all the other events is also supposed extend to GAC. But, since that's what's happening, I can only assume that's precisely how CG intends it to be, because everything in this game works so flawlessly....oh, look, someone just scored another 1,000 points in GAC and leads the world! Oh, this is exciting!!

    I think you have to separate the intent from the execution.

    I don't think they've said or, more importantly, done anything to indicate GAC is intended to be different from arena or TW in terms of team vs team battles. If you have the shiney new meta, CG wants you to have an advantage. I know you've read some of their statements differently. Until they implement something that shows they have different intentions for GAC than arena and TW I'll remain unconvinced.

    The execution of GAC on the other hand... oh boy. Can't argue there. Just hope they're finding all the issues before the real deal.
  • To be honest this GAC matchmaking has been a nightmare. Messed up part is that none of the CG's are doing anything or at least i couldn't find anything. You got thousands of players coming to the forums voicing their concerns over this matchmaking. I mean that should say that there is something wrong in the game. I said it once and i say it again. Being mismatched takes the fun out of the game. Like I hate doing GA but if i dont do it i will fall behind so i gotta keep getting these L's, lol.
  • Good morning,

    I see many hatefull coments above about player expirience the same terror as I do 😂

    I was realy looking forward to grand arena championship, but when it started, it seems almost impossible to get any higher.

    My GP is a bit over 2,5GP, but my oponents are mostly between 3,5 to 4GP.

    The new matchmaking acording amount of team playable in arena is a good step, before update, Arrna was too easy for me, if the players i faced had the same GP as me, but this is too much difference which is possible to beat only if my oponent forget to take a turn in a war.
  • Thank you so much for you comment, as I totally agree with you! I’m starting to be disgusted by the game because of this matchmaking, which I absolutely don’t understand!

    I’m facing oponents which have mini 3.7M PG, while I only have 3M PG, with absolutely no possibility to win (they all have minimum 2 full G12 teams more than me), usually 10 more zeta, they are all in the division above me! How are we suppose to win against them seriously?

    I am very disappointed about this matchmaking which is a total nonsense... When are you going to propose a matchmaking which finally makes sense?
  • MaxHer wrote: »
    Thank you so much for you comment, as I totally agree with you! I’m starting to be disgusted by the game because of this matchmaking, which I absolutely don’t understand!

    I’m facing oponents which have mini 3.7M PG, while I only have 3M PG, with absolutely no possibility to win (they all have minimum 2 full G12 teams more than me), usually 10 more zeta, they are all in the division above me! How are we suppose to win against them seriously?

    I am very disappointed about this matchmaking which is a total nonsense... When are you going to propose a matchmaking which finally makes sense?

    They did. The matchmaking on gp was fine. But then people complained because it didn't correct for bad choices. Now they changed it to correct for bad choices by making those that made good choices faces higher gp so those that made poor choices can win more.

    Basically it wasn't broken but they broke it to hush complaints.
Sign In or Register to comment.