G13 Darth Maul

13Next

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Yodas_papa wrote: »
    How does it shut maul down? What's burning actually do? So many burning questions...

y75ilbk4hggv.jpeg
    hcu33urugocr.jpeg
    8za2tjq6pz5v.jpeg
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So someone help me with some Maul Math on his potency calculation.

fjxjq9r62hhw.png

Unless it involves calculating a tip (because I used to be a bartender) I stink at math.

So say I have 14k health + 20% = 16800 health.

He gain potency equal to 0.3% of his max health.

So is that 16800 x .3? Or .03? Or .003? The last one seems to make the most sense (would appear to be about 50%). So thats my guess, but this might as well be written in hieroglyphics.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

fjxjq9r62hhw.png

Unless it involves calculating a tip (because I used to be a bartender) I stink at math.

So is that 16800 x .3? Or .03? Or .003? The last one seems to make the most sense (would appear to be about 50%). So thats my guess, but this might as well be written in hieroglyphics.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/60xgk6/sodoes_darth_maul_have_several_thousands_of/
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • VonZant wrote: »

fjxjq9r62hhw.png

Your calc seems ok.

What looks weird (or I'm not understanding quite right) is the detailed part of his ability on swgoh.gg.
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-maul/ability/power-of-hatred
    The modify potency is assigned 1% and the 0.3% is assigned for special damage.

If I'm not getting this and someone could explain I would be grateful.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Even at g13, I can’t imagine he’ll be incredibly effective in many areas of the game. He will be considerably better, but unless a rework, or new content comes around to make him more useful, it would likely be a waste. Unless your goal is to play with Maul no matter what, and want him to be the best he can be. It might make for a good GAC or TW team, but maul’s main purpose is to apply his leadership and to AOE daze... beyond that, he doesn’t matter too much. Unless you’re being hit by a team of jedi, maybe.
  • Sith > everything

False

Empire > everything

My Jawa > everything hypothesis counters your own statement.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • I actually took Maul to g13 yesterday. Just felt right. Will do Savage next.
  • He’s actually really good, not Meta but great for TW and GAC..
  • 3fqhs2vh87p2.png
    t7mgk9rydkbe.png

His stats are pretty wild right now. And over 40% defense. Can't wait to do Savage :D
  • Wow
  • The way I see it is that zMaul *might* be able to beat GAS squads.

His damage is good, plus he does 100% bonus to Jedi - which is massive against GAS.

He and his teammates can't be crit while stealthed, so GAS' AoE won't increase their cooldowns.

Maul's potency will be 180% or better (at r7), which is more than enough to counter the increased tenacity that GAS squads have, so Daze will stick on the clones (of course Rex can cleanse it and provide Tenacity Up, but then Sion can cleanse Tenacity Up...)

Let's face it - Maul is not meta, but quite a few toons that are not meta are a LOT better with relics, and might have their place until the time comes that everyone has most toons at r7. But in the meantime, I bet an r7 maul could do serious damage to any squad with Jedi on it... he will hit like JKA does after JKA gets triggered (100% bonus offense), but on every attack against Jedi

As a pet side toon, I would probably r4 him, just for the fun of it .. if I had him at g12 to begin with, that is

• Possibly. I can at least confirm that he's much stronger at r4, and able to beat quite a lot. Can run him solo or with Savage against most g12 squads I face in GA. His big weakness however is still that he's slow.
  • People like to talk best way to play. But most get jealous when they see others with their favorite geared up toons. When you have to force yourself to give up playing for fun, then why are you even playing the game?
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.