Do we need a "log in" option???

Prev1
Abyss
1651 posts Member
edited March 2016
I propose a simple log in ID and password.
That way if you get a new device or whatever, you just download the game and enter the ID and password and load your acct. no more issues with lost accts!!!!!!!

Do we need a "log in" option??? 44 votes

Yes, this is so sinple a caveman can do it
34%
AbyssKFJeedDarthMasterShawnBaggodiMegadeth3700CrusikenLaLiamBrandiecardozaMeese_RancherYeehahpvFlamesFan2313Luke6108SikhoEkuchaGonzalo1495 15 votes
No, are you crazy? Enter a password? Pfft
13%
dano7591TrisbouilleWillkimm98CurryforthreeArubeToukai 6 votes
Why even bring this up???
52%
scubacosmicturtle333BerdilioSekuAggropoxDreislaobenacrowPlague_Incpapy72EleiemNoobslayerSlyKrysisKamikazeRhombusDekayingsoulAltoon33Darth_MalakDeadHeadAndyStarjumperPhilosopherCodyVIII 23 votes

Replies

• Yes, this is so sinple a caveman can do it
    Love it
  • Why even bring this up???
    You can sign out of and sign into googleplay or game centre accounts already.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse
    Any insights for us???? I see ppl post all the ime about losing their accts and having to start over. I just think this is a VERY simple way to make sure our accts are safe and recoverable.
    Thoughts???
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Unless it's for cross platform only
    [SöD]
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member

So my game on ios is tethered to game center meaning if my phone is smashed how doni get my game back????
    Abyss wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse
    Any insights for us???? I see ppl post all the ime about losing their accts and having to start over. I just think this is a VERY simple way to make sure our accts are safe and recoverable.
    Thoughts???

The way to not lose your account is to sign into Google play or game centre. Then you won't ever lose it, you can change devices whenever you want.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    There should be cross platform support.
    Google play login helps stop some cheats. A modified apk will not allow Google play login because the signature on the pack changes.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member

So my game on ios is tethered to game center meaning if my phone is smashed how doni get my game back????
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @Abyss you just login to your gamecenter account on another iPhone iPad etc and your game is saved
    [SöD]
    This has been brought up many many many times, they have no plans on doing it. Right or wrong, it's not going to happen....
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    VIII wrote: »
    @Abyss you just login to your gamecenter account on another iPhone iPad etc and your game is saved
    [SöD]

I am as tech stupid as they get. I need a literal step by step plz lol
    I open the new phone
    Power it on
    Get the settings/ringtones setup
    Then what?????????

It will transfer to your next iPhone or you can log on using your lab top/cpu and play.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @Abyss
    General settings
    Gamecenter
    Sign in (Apple ID)
    [SöD]
    Sign into game centre on your new iPhone.
    Open the game
    sign out of game centre
    Sign into your old account
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Open the game
    sign out of game centre

So i download the game before or after signing into game center?
    I am sorry, i really am tech d.u.m.m.b. Lol
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    @Abyss partial guide here just login with existing account

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15844/guide-on-how-to-re-roll-in-ios-devices#latest
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Lol it doesn't matter if you download before or after once you've signed into gamecenter and open the game it will log you into your saved game
    [SöD]
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Lol it doesn't matter if you download before or after once you've signed into gamecenter and open the game it will log you into your saved game
    [SöD]

Ah ok cool, so why/how are ppls accts being lost?????
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    And appreciate all the help, i was very worried i wouod lose all my progress
    [SöD]

Because they don't sign into Google play or game centre to save it. If you don't sign in then you can't retrieve it.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    It could be because they were never logged in the first place so if you never logged in that progress could be lost if you lost your phone
    [SöD]
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Open the game
    sign out of game centre

It doesn't matter, but your game will first load after you log into Game Center, and if you get an iPad it's the same procedure, and afterwards you can just switch between them as you please
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Open the game
    sign out of game centre

It doesn't matter, but your game will first load after you log into Game Center, and if you get an iPad it's the same procedure, and afterwards you can just switch between them as you please

Cool
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    [SöD]

Because they don't sign into Google play or game centre to save it. If you don't sign in then you can't retrieve it.

Got ya, so to be clear, im safe because im logged into game center. Everytime i load game it says welcome back to game center or whatever at the top of the screen
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    It could be because they were never logged in the first place so if you never logged in that progress could be lost if you lost your phone
    [SöD]

Makes sense
  • I didn't see it mentioned here, but a purely remote access and remote storage is more prone to hacking and password/account sharing. That's most likely the reason they do not do it. Much less likely of you need the physical device or access to someone else's Play or Game Center account.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
    100% unnecessary
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Cross-profile platform is 100% necessary.
    How is that still not a thing? I plan to switch to Android by the end of the year, so there's no way I'm spending until I can be sure my account can be transfered to my new device.
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    I've "lost" my account several times now. Then I log into Google Play and it's all good again.

So why do I need to create/remember yet another password?
    Sikho wrote: »
    Cross-profile platform is 100% necessary.
    How is that still not a thing? I plan to switch to Android by the end of the year, so there's no way I'm spending until I can be sure my account can be transfered to my new device.

Cross platform does not need a password - just a Facebook sync would be sufficient and this would avoid a log on every time you need to load it
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384