Game needs a resources and ability slicing

Boros
507 posts Member
edited July 2019
Seriously what am I gonna do with 85,000 training droids? And I have only been playing for a year and half, or what to do with the 50k blue material that I will never use or the 35k purple ones or the 8k golden ones?
Can we get an exchange shop or a slicing ability? That doesnt ask for 100 mk4 stun guns to be turned into 1 stun mk5 stun gun.
Or the 3,000 mk1 ability mat and 2,000 mk2 ability mats, what's the point of having them at this point?
If you give us slicing and some people will slice all the gear they got to get new versions of it and to only realize the new characters need tons of the older gear so now they have to spend Crystal's to get those, which means more money for you @CG
Post edited by Boros on

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    That happened before. So, no.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    That happened before. So, no.

Oh when and what was it? If you talking about mod slicing it's a great thing
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    We used to have that shop where you were able to sell stuff for a few credits. And people kept complaining they are selling the wrong mk of stuff by mistake and it went away xD.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    We used to have that shop where you were able to sell stuff for a few credits. And people kept complaining they are selling the wrong mk of stuff by mistake and it went away xD.

Ohhhh lol god darn it people learn to read, wait who even had like more then 1,000 of any hard to get resources that sold them by accident
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

That's what i meant
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

That's what i meant

Maybe not a shop or rather a slicing version of it, that would add more rewards to be earned, new pve content, and also people would buy them just like how everyone is spending money on mod slicing, it would work like a charm.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Do that resources impair your gameplay in any way?
    As the answer is no. Then what's the issue??
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Finch1221 wrote: »
    I don't think they will ever introduce selling gear but slicing gear is interesting but then how would they be able to take all the whales money for the million stun guns you need if you could just slice the stun guns yiu have (5000 is where im at)

They did allow selling where it pays credits, I bet we'd mostly prefer slicing up idea over credits.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    I don't think they will ever introduce selling gear but slicing gear is interesting but then how would they be able to take all the whales money for the million stun guns you need if you could just slice the stun guns yiu have (5000 is where im at)

Whales pay money only for new things, they already have every single character at gear 12, they wouldnt care, but new players or people that have spent 1 or 2 years will buy into it, if they say oh 10 stun guns mk4 = 1mk5 stun gun that means u have to trade 500 of them to get 50 mk5 stun guns, and once u get 3 stun guns out of it most people wont have mk4 stun guns anymore, perfect time for a new characters to come in and ask for those materials, so now people would be spending money on resources they would had never spend money on before
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Juzz wrote: »

No it doesnt, where those mods Impairing your gameplay too? No.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

They did allow selling where it pays credits, I bet we'd mostly prefer slicing up idea over credits.

important word being 'did' it's just a bad idea because of the mistakes it would allow people to make in an already gear heavy game

That's their own fault, game is all about resources management, doesn't really involve strategy to win a battle, it's not like an fps where if you're too slow you will lose first, if they cant decide how much of something they may need the they will have to grind for it later or buy it, which puts more money into the game, which makes swgoh last longer. It's a win win for 80% of the people
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

important word being 'did' it's just a bad idea because of the mistakes it would allow people to make in an already gear heavy game

Another good thing that would come from it is people would spend their cantina battle tokens to get more mk2 ability mats to slice them into mk3 and 4 and 5s, then it opens up the store for newer characters to be put in there.
    It would be a massive quality of life update and would boost moral with f2p and dolphins even with some krakens, I think only whales wouldnt benefit as much
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Boros wrote: »

That's their own fault, game is all about resources management, doesn't really involve strategy to win a battle, it's not like an fps where if you're too slow you will lose first, if they cant decide how much of something they may need the they will have to grind for it later or buy it, which puts more money into the game, which makes swgoh last longer. It's a win win for 80% of the people

Honestly at the point im at I dont need 90% of my gear thats stacking up,my training droids or credits for that matter but i disagree as this only invites people to make mistakes in selling the wrong gear tiers for example if you sold your mk5 stun guns instead of your mk4 you would be straight to support asking for a refund which you wouldnt get, all this does is invite undue pressure on CG and allow tired gamers at stupid oclock to impulsivly sell the wrong gear.

I agree you have a point in slicing gear but selling gear is not needed in the game full stop and all it would do is push people away from the game if anything, weather or not its their mistake or not.

I agree I wasn't talking about selling them, that would not help 1 bit, it would just make people have even more credit which would increase prices, I'm all in for slicing since then noone can complain and say oh I sliced my mk5 stun cuffs for my 6 ones
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

Honestly at the point im at I dont need 90% of my gear thats stacking up,my training droids or credits for that matter but i disagree as this only invites people to make mistakes in selling the wrong gear tiers for example if you sold your mk5 stun guns instead of your mk4 you would be straight to support asking for a refund which you wouldnt get, all this does is invite undue pressure on CG and allow tired gamers at stupid oclock to impulsivly sell the wrong gear.

I agree you have a point in slicing gear but selling gear is not needed in the game full stop and all it would do is push people away from the game if anything, weather or not its their mistake or not.

Slicing would also mean spending credit and new farm able resources that you could spend Crystal's on in shop, it would definitely improve the game and not cause any major problems unless someone willing slices all their mk4 gears and then complain about it, at which its fully their own fault and @Kyno Can just close it :joy:
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

Another good thing that would come from it is people would spend their cantina battle tokens to get more mk2 ability mats to slice them into mk3 and 4 and 5s, then it opens up the store for newer characters to be put in there.
    It would be a massive quality of life update and would boost moral with f2p and dolphins even with some krakens, I think only whales wouldnt benefit as much

A huge part of the game is ability mats more specifically omegas and zetas! these are purposefully hard to farm so whales cant gain huge advantages it doesnt help F2P player it would only help whales pull further away if you and me have so many stored up just imagine what the whales have...

True true but then whales would have to spend money to get those 50 of this, 50 of that and 20 of those to slice a purple into a omega, I dont think that is that bad of a trade off since @CG would make more money that they would had never gotten before
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    Seriously what am I gonna do with 85,000 training droids? And I have only been playing for a year and half, or what to do with the 50k blue material that I will never use or the 35k purple ones or the 8k golden ones?
    Can we get an exchange shop or a slicing ability? That doesnt ask for 100 mk4 stun guns to be turned into 1 stun mk5 stun gun.
    Or the 3,000 mk1 ability mat and 2,000 mk2 ability mats, what's the point of having them at this point?
    If you give us slicing and some people will slice all the gear they got to get new versions of it and to only realize the new characters need tons of the older gear so now they have to spend Crystal's to get those, which means more money for you @CG

+1
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Right now you need 1400 crystal to get a 5E mod into a 6E if you dont want to farm it, I highly doubt whales have that much Crystal's just sitting there to spend on 1 zeta mat, and for a fact they would go all out and buy more Crystal's. They already wanted Zetas to be purchasable with money or Crystal's. This would prevent that and help almost everyone
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

A huge part of the game is ability mats more specifically omegas and zetas! these are purposefully hard to farm so whales cant gain huge advantages it doesnt help F2P player it would only help whales pull further away if you and me have so many stored up just imagine what the whales have...

True true but then whales would have to spend money to get those 50 of this, 50 of that and 20 of those to slice a purple into a omega, I dont think that is that bad of a trade off since @CG would make more money that they would had never gotten before

I can literally only see this happening once the game is coming to its end which i can't see being anytime soon with the new films and everything else, you also have to remember whales are becoming increasing frustrated recently and they took a huge loss when they released Malek because they were seen as money grabbing so people are less likly to invest in this sort of attitude to new things they need to chill out with the new content for a while and once GAC's are up and running properly and the new LS TB comes out i think they need to invest a lot of time in improving old forgotten toons kits to make them more viable as in my opinion this would make the whales more happy and increase the liklyhood of more possible future whales coming and spending into the game

That is a good point too, completely forgot about that. I think it all started with JKR that was the first money grab that **** off a lot of people. I think both revan and malak was bad for the game (I am a die hard fan of kotor, motor 2 and swtor) the way the came in to the game compared to CLS event. They should add legendary characters that require older toons tbh, things that smurfs have never farmed.
    Main thing tho they gotta change how meta works. That **** off whales and everyone else except krakens. Jo one wants to do mirror match after mirror match after mirror match for 6 months
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    They need an exchange store anyways at some point.
    Collecting useless stuff is the worst in these tip of games

Your obsession in having a shallow/tidy inventory is not an issue for gameplay. It doesn't make the game go slower or impact any aspect of it.
    Also you want to make profit of free-given stuff to make the free worth even more

Live with it and enjoy the game
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited July 2019

Juzz wrote: »

Literally unplayable.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    They need an exchange store anyways at some point.
    Collecting useless stuff is the worst in these tip of games

Or just ignore it.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Slicing would also mean spending credit and new farm able resources that you could spend Crystal's on in shop, it would definitely improve the game and not cause any major problems unless someone willing slices all their mk4 gears and then complain about it, at which its fully their own fault and Kyno Can just close it :joy:

The game has an economy and slicing (since it was never intended to be) gear would throw that off by flooding the "market" with a bunch of valuable stuff.