Guild Name Change

Okie_Djinn
7 posts Member
edited July 2019
Our Guild, the 5th Galactic Order Vanguard, lost one of our members to cancer recently. We would like to pay our respect to our friend and rename our guild in his honor to Chino’s Vanguard. There is some suggestion in the forums that this can be done or has been done for other guilds but no clear directions as to how. Can someone help point me in the right direction?

I realize we can do this by starting a new guild but we would lose our stats, which is not entirely trivial due to recruiting and such.

Replies

• LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    there is no option to change guild name and as you say the only way is to create a new guild and move everyone to that...
    however considering the circumstances you may want to contact customer support and ask them as a 1 off to do it for you, you could get someone decent who would do it for you but maybe not also.
    on the other hand if that fails try speaking to Crumb or Carrie(if she ever visits the forum again) and see if they could pull some strings
    best of luck to you and hope to see you come back saying its done
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    there is no option to change guild name and as you say the only way is to create a new guild and move everyone to that...
    however considering the circumstances you may want to contact customer support and ask them as a 1 off to do it for you, you could get someone decent who would do it for you but maybe not also.
    on the other hand if that fails try speaking to Crumb or Carrie(if she ever visits the forum again) and see if they could pull some strings

Actually they can do name changes quite easily. Did it with my last guild when leadership changed. Just contact support and they'll be able to do it.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    LynnYoda wrote: »

Actually they can do name changes quite easily. Did it with my last guild when leadership changed. Just contact support and they'll be able to do it.

quite easily depending on the CS Agent you get the same as everything you contact them about, some people get told no its impossible others get it done 1st contact easily as you say, hence why i said if he cant get it done via CS to contact crumb or carrie as one of them should be able to get it sorted
  • Thanks, Our guild leader is going to approach EA. I’ll try to update when we hear back.
  • Update: guild leader was able to get the name switched after about 3 days.
  • Could you give a detailed explanation of how he did it? I'm trying but...