Geonosis didn’t count for Prestigious BH Quest

Prev1
Just did a complete CM in Geonosis dark side with IG88 and it didn’t count for the bottom part of this prestigious quest. Am I missing something or is this a bug? gqas6hyn3w6b.png

Replies

• Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    A year old bug. Same thing was happening in Hoth TB. There is no motivation for them to fix it.
  • Options
    @Kyno This has been a loooong time bug with numerous threads that pop up every TB. Can we get confirmation the devs are aware of this issue and if they plan to address it? If they don't, perhaps they could just remove the TB requirement from the quest so people can move forward with their lives...

• Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/IG-88-Quest-not-Updating/m-p/6872333/highlight/true#M14348

They are aware and flagged it last year. I wouldn't hold my breath that they will fix it. It's a major drag. These quests are long enough and to have this happen adds to the wait even more.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    I still don't get why people chase after these quests. All of that for 10 crystals and a sense of accomplishment?
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    It's pretty cool having a Bounty Hunter title. It's the rarest title that I have seen. Nobody is doing these quests for the crystals.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    A year old bug. Same thing was happening in Hoth TB. There is no motivation for them to fix it.

Is this the same bug though? The one you link to seems to show that Special Missions don't count whereas the OP said he did a Combat Mission.
  • Options
    Let me make sure I understand this correctly...........Not only are the majority of medium to powerful guilds only doing the Geo TB and even though the quest says "Territory Battles", the quest really only means "Hoth Dark Side regular (non-special) Territory Battles"? If that is the case, just change the description. No "bug" to fix...*sigh*.....and another quest/achievement now "impossible" to do.....
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    It's pretty cool having a Bounty Hunter title. It's the rarest title that I have seen. Nobody is doing these quests for the crystals.

.......is the title worth it? Still seems like a lot of effort for very little return.
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Is this the same bug though? The one you link to seems to show that Special Missions don't count whereas the OP said he did a Combat Mission.

It's the same bug but manifesting in a different way. Presumably it was coded incorrectly as to what constitutes a "battle" in a Territory Battle and it doesn't trigger the achievement when completing Special Missions in the old TBs or ANY missions at all in the new TB.

While the rewards are nominal, users shouldn't be walled off from completing it because of sloppy coding. Perhaps IG-88 is someone's favorite character and they really want the portrait. Who are we to judge?
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »

.......is the title worth it? Still seems like a lot of effort for very little return.

I've been able to get most titles just by activating the quest and then playing the game normally for a few months. So not much effort there. Plus, some of the things it asks you to do are fun challenges. It's optional extra content. Some people find it fun. Clearly you don't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options

For me it was. I like being one of the few Bounty Hunters. I've only ever seen one other even though I know there are more out there.
  • Options
    I still don't get why people chase after these quests. All of that for 10 crystals and a sense of accomplishment?

Yes exactly. Some people are completionists and want 100% of what the game their are playing has to offer. Some people do it for joy, others do it for bragging rights, others for a sense of accomplishment. Some people have OCD.

It’s great if you don't have the need to beat whatever video game you are playing to 100%. More power to you.

What is irking me, is that the developers gave the players a pile of quests and achievements to do, and then made them "impossible" to do afterwards by tying them to group activities (Hoth Territory Battles) that they cannot do alone. I now know of four achievements/quests like this.

In my case, I am now given a great choice.
    1) Do the Hoth DS TB ~four times and loosing out GET II awards ~four times
    2) Do the Geo TB and never complete the quests/achievements.

I am certain I know what the vast majority of people will choose…..but the choice above nevertheless grinds my gears.

Before anybody says this, I am well aware that the achievements and quests are optional.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

I've been able to get most titles just by activating the quest and then playing the game normally for a few months. So not much effort there. Plus, some of the things it asks you to do are fun challenges. It's optional extra content. Some people find it fun. Clearly you don't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah, I see. I can respect that approach - the "leave it open and then over time organically complete them" approach. But I get the impression (could be wrong) that some people are actively chasing them.
    Some people have OCD.

This one makes the most sense. This is a fair reason.
  • Options

I did the Fulcrum quest that asked for Cassian at G12 and completed it. Not long after the fleet meta changed and Cassians ship was suddenly part of the meta, score!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options

Because I want the title Bounty Hunter Silverback with the Bossk logo. That’s why.
  • Options
    Considering it took A YEAR to simply kill 50 Wampas with Boba Fett, they can’t just let your quest line end here like this because of a bug. That’s not right in any way. There are people that have completed the BH quest though, so how do they do it. And yes, my guild will most likely be sticking to Geonosis from here on out.
  • Options
    @CG_TopHat any chance this gets addressed in the near future?
  • Options
    This makes me glad I got this part of the quest done 2 or so months ago. Never encountered any bugs doing it either.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I said it before, I'll say it again.....the simplest and easiest way to fix this bug is to not fix it at all and just rename the description of the Bounty Hunter (3/7) Prestigious Quest....

From - "Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles"
    To - "Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Hoth Dark Side (Combat Mission) Territory Battles"

Now, that's the simplest and easiest for CG, not that it will help any of us who still have to finish the quest and are doing the Geo TBs. At the very least, it will be clear for people in what they will have to do to move forward.

Its easy CG, go to the excel file where the text is being stored. Press "F2" and copy & paste the text I wrote above. Click "save" and done. Bug "fixed".
  • Options
    I said it before, I'll say it again.....the simplest and easiest way to fix this bug is to not fix it at all and just rename the description of the Bounty Hunter (3/7) Prestigious Quest....

From - "Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles"
    To - "Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Hoth Dark Side (Combat Mission) Territory Battles"

Now, that's the simplest and easiest for CG, not that it will help any of us who still have to finish the quest and are doing the Geo TBs. At the very least, it will be clear for people in what they will have to do to move forward.

Its easy CG, go to the excel file where the text is being stored. Press "F2" and copy & paste the text I wrote above. Click "save" and done. Bug "fixed".

Copying the variable name that represents the Geo TB battles and pasting it into the condition that increments the counter should be equally simple.

This isn't a bug so much as it's an oversight. In the absence of other TBs when the quest was introduced, there probably wasn't general class for TB battles, but only one used exclusively for the Hoth TB battles. The elegant solution (that would future-proof the problem) would be to update the quest code to reference the general class for TB battles (if there is one), while the kludge solution is to just add the new class for Geo TB, and then update again if and when there is another TB.
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Copying the variable name that represents the Geo TB battles and pasting it into the condition that increments the counter should be equally simple.

I did read your whole post. Please do not think I stopped just at this line.
    You would think if the fix would be simple, it would have been done a long time ago. People have been reporting trouble with this quest for a year now.

My solution, on the other hand, just involves renaming a text label.
  • Options

I did read your whole post. Please do not think I stopped just at this line.
    You would think if the fix would be simple, it would have been done a long time ago. People have been reporting trouble with this quest for a year now.

My solution, on the other hand, just involves renaming a text label.

I'm not sure the the earlier bug was actually a bug though. It's possible that the special missions were not intended to count, which, while odd is at least sort of defensible - they have less waves and may not constitute as much of an "achievement" in some developer's mind.

As well, there was a viable player-based solution that let you bypass the issue - you could use IG-88 in the normal missions and other bounty hunters for the special missions - this would lower the urgency in fixing it (if it were indeed unintended).

There's also additional work to changing the text label involving localisation that isn't present if you just fix the actual problem. The game isn't only in English. ;-)

• Robert
    150 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Had the same issue. But I only completed 3 of the 4 battles in the combat mission (or 2 of 3, I can’t remember how many battles were in the combat mission). Are you supposed to get credit for those 3 battles won or are you supposed to just get credit for the 1 mission completed (which in my case was not completed)? It says “battles” on the quest so I thought I should have gotten credit for 3.

rcpq7vg05mas.png
  • Options
    There's also additional work to changing the text label involving localisation that isn't present if you just fix the actual problem. The game isn't only in English. ;-)

This is a valid point. I had not thought of this.
    I wonder what would be easier then, renaming the text in every language of the game or actually fixing the problem?
  • Options
    Robert wrote: »
    Had the same issue. But I only completed 3 of the 4 battles in the combat mission (or 2 of 3, I can’t remember how many battles were in the combat mission). Are you supposed to get credit for those 3 battles won or are you supposed to just get credit for the 1 mission completed (which in my case was not completed)? It says “battles” on the quest so I thought I should have gotten credit for 3.

rcpq7vg05mas.png

It doesn’t matter if you finish 4/4. I’ve tested it. Forget that year it took to kill 50 wampas with Boba Fett and the fact that you’re a bounty hunter enthusiast. The quest has been bugged for over a year. No one cares. No ones doing anything to address or fix the problem.
  • Options
    Robert wrote: »

rcpq7vg05mas.png

It doesn’t matter if you finish 4/4. I’ve tested it. Forget that year it took to kill 50 wampas with Boba Fett and the fact that you’re a bounty hunter enthusiast. The quest has been bugged for over a year. No one cares. No ones doing anything to address or fix the problem.

the only bugs i know for IG88 quest, at least is that the bounty hunter specific missions dont count in Hoth, and any battle in Geonosis wont count at all
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    the only bugs i know for IG88 quest, at least is that the bounty hunter specific missions dont count in Hoth

I was under the impression that that bug was fixed sometime before GeoTB came out. Are you saying for certain that it is still an issue?
  • Options
    I have been stuck like this since the last DS Hoth TB was available before GeoTB was released, so that means May/June 2019?
    wf6da2j1xad2.jpg
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    the only bugs i know for IG88 quest, at least is that the bounty hunter specific missions dont count in Hoth

I was under the impression that that bug was fixed sometime before GeoTB came out. Are you saying for certain that it is still an issue?

It's a hard issue to pin down. The typical lack of responses from CG don't help.

I had the issue a while back with Boba Fett's, and looking into it I noticed the IG-88 one mentioned too. They fixed the Boba Fett bug, and according to the devs the IG-88 one was linked to that bug. But they never said they fixed it for IG-88.

Pretty sure the Boba Fett bug came back after they fixed it anyway (or it was fixed for battles but the bug still existed for special missions - something along those lines).

This was beards ago and I have nothing to hand to back any of this up. General consensus I believe is - nobody involved in the game cares. Not even enough to say they don't care.