GAC matchmaking isnt fair!

Prev1
Hello,

I know this topic has been created loads of times but i also wanted to show whats i m experiencing. Since the beginning of GA, i only lost 2 matchs. Now since this GAC, i already lost 2 rounds previous week. One vs a 5.3 and 1 vs a 5.5.
-> im 4.8m.

I dont face collectionner, i face people who are competitor and who are in top guilds (mighty wallet, starfoge jedha, wolfpack of bosskanda, etc ..)

The problem with the new matchmaking calculation is it only takes in considerations top 80 gp toons. But it doesnt take care of numbers of g12, g13 and mods. Matchup i have arent fair at all.
My opponents got minimum +350k and bigger got +800k.

For example is here the mods difference for the round 1 of this week :

=========== Mods ===========
6 dot Mods :: 145 vs 370
Speed+10 :: 426 vs 497
Speed+15 :: 135 vs 211
Speed+20 :: 28 vs 48
Speed+25 :: 2 vs 6
Off+100 :: 59 vs 43

Im on the left as you can except ..
When it happens once or twice ok .. but this is every week (3rd since beginning of the GAC concept).

Before i had fun with GA, now im just struggling because i havent the same amounts of toons and mods.
Im not f2p, i spent money. But muvh less than my opponents.

I spent money to have easier matchup, not much harder which make absolutely no sense. Im very sad & angry about those matchmaking.

Replies

  • Waqui
    5498 posts Member
    NeYo_8826 wrote: »
    Before i had fun with GA, now im just struggling because i havent the same amounts of toons and mods.
    Im not f2p, i spent money. But muvh less than my opponents.

    How much did you spend? And your opponents? What's the problem with getting an advantage if you spend money? How much do you think your previous opponents had, getting beat by you and your (I assume) mediocre roster?
    I spent money to have easier matchup, not much harder which make absolutely no sense.

    According to yourself your opponents spent more. Maybe that's the way forward for you?
  • That shouldnt work like that..
  • Waqui
    5498 posts Member
    NeYo_8826 wrote: »
    That shouldnt work like that..

    You mean spenders shouldn't have an advantage? How do you think that would work for the revenue of CG?

    But again:
    How much did your opponent spend?
  • Nikoms565
    10959 posts Member
    NeYo_8826 wrote: »
    That shouldnt work like that..

    It already works that way in squad arena and fleet arena. In TB and raids, the guild members who spent more get better rewards. In TW, things are a little different - as guilds are matched on GP, so the heavy spending guilds tend to go up against the heavy spending guilds. When GA was first launched it was billed as an individualized TW. But if CG is simply going to twist GAC into a modified squad arena, where those that spend get easier matchups in an effort to "encourage" spending, then IMHO, it's a failed opportunity.

    The spenders have an advantage in virtually every other aspect of the game. As someone who was once a spender, I would be fine with one game mode where I actually had to be smart about the game play, understanding synergies and strategies, rather than just throw money at it and win. But hey, that might just be me.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Matchmaking is broken. Those 5% blowouts they're talking about happen to me all the time. Today I was matched against someone ranked #78 in division 1 while I'm sitting at #5600 or something.
  • Matchmaking is broken. Those 5% blowouts they're talking about happen to me all the time. Today I was matched against someone ranked #78 in division 1 while I'm sitting at #5600 or something.

    I would love to hear a statement about later rounds work. I was under the impression that results would be factored in as we progressed. If you did well you would face harder opponents, to determine the best of the best. If you didn’t do well you would draw easier opponents, and play with other less competitive people. While it’s still early, I’ve seen little indication of this.
  • jhbuchholz
    1475 posts Member
    Matchmaking is broken. Those 5% blowouts they're talking about happen to me all the time. Today I was matched against someone ranked #78 in division 1 while I'm sitting at #5600 or something.

    I would love to hear a statement about later rounds work. I was under the impression that results would be factored in as we progressed. If you did well you would face harder opponents, to determine the best of the best. If you didn’t do well you would draw easier opponents, and play with other less competitive people. While it’s still early, I’ve seen little indication of this.

    Wouldn't this simply be matching only within leagues (when possible)? So we should be able to start to judge it after this round.
  • I face guys with much betters mods and more g12 (g13). Why doesnt i fight people who got similar stats ? Currently it only check the 80 best gp toon of everybody and thats a big mistake.
  • No_Try
    3386 posts Member
    Matchmaking is broken. Those 5% blowouts they're talking about happen to me all the time. Today I was matched against someone ranked #78 in division 1 while I'm sitting at #5600 or something.

    I would love to hear a statement about later rounds work. I was under the impression that results would be factored in as we progressed. If you did well you would face harder opponents, to determine the best of the best. If you didn’t do well you would draw easier opponents, and play with other less competitive people. While it’s still early, I’ve seen little indication of this.

    Yeah, there's simply no indication, it takes the matching from scratch every time.
  • Rath_Tarr
    2173 posts Member
    It seems to be taking Division into account but not ranking within Division which is potentially problematic given that Divisions can be at least 40k+ players for a single League and matchmaking can include at least +/- 2 Divisions.

    Matching the top players from such a pool with the bottom players is really no better than matching those bottom players with the bottom players from the next League up.


  • NeYo_8826 wrote: »
    Hello,

    I know this topic has been created loads of times but i also wanted to show whats i m experiencing. Since the beginning of GA, i only lost 2 matchs. Now since this GAC, i already lost 2 rounds previous week. One vs a 5.3 and 1 vs a 5.5.
    -> im 4.8m.

    I dont face collectionner, i face people who are competitor and who are in top guilds (mighty wallet, starfoge jedha, wolfpack of bosskanda, etc ..)

    The problem with the new matchmaking calculation is it only takes in considerations top 80 gp toons. But it doesnt take care of numbers of g12, g13 and mods. Matchup i have arent fair at all.
    My opponents got minimum +350k and bigger got +800k.

    For example is here the mods difference for the round 1 of this week :

    =========== Mods ===========
    6 dot Mods :: 145 vs 370
    Speed+10 :: 426 vs 497
    Speed+15 :: 135 vs 211
    Speed+20 :: 28 vs 48
    Speed+25 :: 2 vs 6
    Off+100 :: 59 vs 43

    Im on the left as you can except ..
    When it happens once or twice ok .. but this is every week (3rd since beginning of the GAC concept).

    Before i had fun with GA, now im just struggling because i havent the same amounts of toons and mods.
    Im not f2p, i spent money. But muvh less than my opponents.

    I spent money to have easier matchup, not much harder which make absolutely no sense. Im very sad & angry about those matchmaking.

    So what you're saying is that matchmaking was terrible before and it gave you easy wins. Now you are complaining that it is competitive. I hope I'm reading that right.
  • NeYo_8826
    168 posts Member
    edited July 20
    Ya you read it right. Before it was sorted by GP, if people developped cleverly their account, they were rewarded in GA. Now its killing people like me who only developped useful stuff.
  • I hope you understand my point of view now.
  • No_Try
    3386 posts Member
    NeYo_8826 wrote: »
    I hope you understand my point of view now.

    I do understand your point of view. Rewarded in your first sentence means "had unfair advantage in matchmaking" which is not present anymore.
  • thomssi
    296 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    NeYo_8826 wrote: »
    Before i had fun with GA, now im just struggling because i havent the same amounts of toons and mods.
    Im not f2p, i spent money. But muvh less than my opponents.

    How much did you spend? And your opponents? What's the problem with getting an advantage if you spend money? How much do you think your previous opponents had, getting beat by you and your (I assume) mediocre roster?
    I spent money to have easier matchup, not much harder which make absolutely no sense.

    According to yourself your opponents spent more. Maybe that's the way forward for you?

    Sorry, that is not how this is meant to work. People who spend come higher in arena, more crystals and it is a virtuous cycle. No issue with that, good luck to them and FTP should not expect to be able to compete. Want to get in a top guild for first to beat new raids, TB best rewards etc - same. GAC was supposed to work differently.

    Now possibly at that level the air is a bit rarefied (I'm a million below OP so don't know) and ability to matchmake and not face same people every time is limited, I don't know the numbers but they really shouldn't be facing that kind of differential if not.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    NeYo_8826 wrote: »
    I hope you understand my point of view now.

    I do understand your point of view. Rewarded in your first sentence means "had unfair advantage in matchmaking" which is not present anymore.


    Had unfair advantage in matchmaking ? What do you think i have currently? The 2nd smallest of my group (just above me got +350k gp and 200 more 6e than me,i ofc lost vs him in round 1). Now i face a guy with +450k, who also got better mods than me. If only that wasnt present anymore.. i wish you were right. unfortunately thats present since the beginning of this GAC.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited July 21
    Matchmaking is broken. Those 5% blowouts they're talking about happen to me all the time. Today I was matched against someone ranked #78 in division 1 while I'm sitting at #5600 or something.

    I would love to hear a statement about later rounds work. I was under the impression that results would be factored in as we progressed. If you did well you would face harder opponents, to determine the best of the best. If you didn’t do well you would draw easier opponents, and play with other less competitive people. While it’s still early, I’ve seen little indication of this.

    I have seen evidence of this. My first GA round, more than half my opponents had neither Revan and all ranged from 48-81 total +10 or more speed mods. In this second GA round, they have between 54-114 +10 speed mods, all but one has Jedi Revan, and a few have Darth Revan. I would expect this trend to continue in later rounds if I keep winning.

    I believe they are choosing GA opponents from the same leagues. This means that the first GA round, you’re matched against everyone. For the second round, half are matched with players in Carbonite league and half with players in Bronzium. Week 3 matchups should further separate, with the top third of players matched with other Chromium players. And in the last week of the championship, matches should be most even and most refined, with GA matches sorted into Carbonite, Bronzium, Chromium, & Aurelium based on the leagues each player is in during the matching period.
  • No_Try
    3386 posts Member
    NeYo_8826 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    NeYo_8826 wrote: »
    I hope you understand my point of view now.

    I do understand your point of view. Rewarded in your first sentence means "had unfair advantage in matchmaking" which is not present anymore.


    Had unfair advantage in matchmaking ? What do you think i have currently? The 2nd smallest of my group (just above me got +350k gp and 200 more 6e than me,i ofc lost vs him in round 1). Now i face a guy with +450k, who also got better mods than me. If only that wasnt present anymore.. i wish you were right. unfortunately thats present since the beginning of this GAC.

    Yeah any argument made on total gp differences is safe to ignore. You never had mod advantage or g12 advantage during the GA matchmaking before? You did, you liked it and you got used to it being the norm for you.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    NeYo_8826 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    NeYo_8826 wrote: »
    I hope you understand my point of view now.

    I do understand your point of view. Rewarded in your first sentence means "had unfair advantage in matchmaking" which is not present anymore.


    Had unfair advantage in matchmaking ? What do you think i have currently? The 2nd smallest of my group (just above me got +350k gp and 200 more 6e than me,i ofc lost vs him in round 1). Now i face a guy with +450k, who also got better mods than me. If only that wasnt present anymore.. i wish you were right. unfortunately thats present since the beginning of this GAC.

    Yeah any argument made on total gp differences is safe to ignore. You never had mod advantage or g12 advantage during the GA matchmaking before? You did, you liked it and you got used to it being the norm for you.

    Before i sometimes had advantages yes. Now never. And yes i had way more fun when matchmaking was fairer.
  • “Fairer” seems to mean “weighted in my favour” for lots of forum users.
  • No_Try
    3386 posts Member
    “Fairer” seems to mean “weighted in my favour” for lots of forum users.

    Yeah!

    GZ for your success in the current season btw. It feels cool to see forumers in the game doing their thing.
  • No_Try
    3386 posts Member
    “Fairer” seems to mean “weighted in my favour” for lots of forum users.

    Yeah!

    GZ for your success in the current season btw. It feels cool to see forumers in the game doing their thing.
  • I’ve been lucky. Sooner or later someone better than me will take me to school!
  • Kazeb
    17 posts Member
    edited July 31
    even if i do appreciate to read how sand baggers just whin and explain why fair means easy win for them, explaining with same arguments about gp why matchmaking is now unfair, this matchmaking seems really odd to me :
    - if you focus on your top 80 toon to have a competitive roster, you will miss good mods and zeta which cant be rushed. so if you want to win in gac, you should grow slow...
    - what the point of having the best roster to be in top 10 of gac if anyone can with a poor roster (as he will only face poor rosters too...)
  • No_Try
    3386 posts Member
    Kazeb wrote: »
    even if i do appreciate to read how sand baggers just whin and explain why fair means easy win for them, explaining with same arguments about gp why matchmaking is now unfair, this matchmaking seems really odd to me :
    - if you focus on your top 80 toon to have a competitive roster, you will miss good mods and zeta which cant be rushed. so if you want to win in gac, you should grow slow...
    - what the point of having the best roster to be in top 10 of gac if anyone can with a poor roster (as he will only face poor rosters too...)

    I don't see how your poor roster idea works. Does it mean poor top X? The most obvious way to cut back on top X would be to have less zetas as that's the most significant gp bump that seperates toons with from without. And a player who has significantly less zetas than me(prolly due to playing time difference) would have little chance against me.

  • No_Try
    3386 posts Member
    But then I have the disadvantage of having many now useless zetas pollute my top X ofc.
  • Kazeb
    17 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Well in my 2nd division people with a top 80 gp around 13k fight same opponent only. Which means no meta teams. No empire sith, no jkr, no padme... If you can reactivate an account stopped 1 years ago, you ll be surprised to be really competitive in gac as you fight the poorest roster of the division
  • Kazeb
    17 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Before GAC, on each GA , i always fought, 2-3 drevan, 2-3 only revan 1-2 none. Now it s full drevan (Like I have) full meta opponents with 16 good teams. So where are all the guys without meta teams? They fight each others and one of them will be in top 10.
  • No_Try
    3386 posts Member
    Kazeb wrote: »
    Before GAC, on each GA , i always fought, 2-3 drevan, 2-3 only revan 1-2 none. Now it s full drevan (Like I have) full meta opponents with 16 good teams. So where are all the guys without meta teams? They fight each others and one of them will be in top 10.

    Not really sure what you are saying, seems to be a language barrier. Any way, matchmaking doesn't take into account which toons any of the sides has, it just cares for top X gp. Any toon with 2 zetas is the same as any other toon with 2 zetas meta or not. It also takes into account which league you are in currently. If you are doing well so far, that will make you get matched with players who are also doing well (i.e. has all the meta teams).
  • I share kazeb opinion.. ok i have great 80 toons. But i face monsters lol. Im 4.85m and i have this week 5.3-5.5m range. Lot of these guys got much more than me. I got a big disadvantage because of that. I cant spend as much as they do.
Sign In or Register to comment.