Isn't it so unfair to release Malak late like this?

Replies

• Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Last time malak was a whale event in getting the gear ready.. This time ftp have time to gear without $$$
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Last time malak was a whale event in getting the gear ready.. This time ftp have time to gear without $$$

So tiring.

Define "whale." Does spending $30 on a gear pack make me a whale?

What about the nearly 900 people that did it having never spent a single cent on the game?

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    You would think that is the case but you will find people complain to this day that JTR is whale only event
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

So tiring.

What about the nearly 900 people that did it having never spent a single cent on the game?

Ok... 900 people having crystals ready... Sure that makes it a ftp event?

Its was still designed in the ways of a ptw, both with how it was released and what was needed to beat it
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    And being a whale is just a term we use a lot in those forums here tbh.. Do you want me to talk in numbers? Because I don’t.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    You would think that is the case but you will find people complain to this day that JTR is whale only event

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised
  • Options
    The unpredictability of these events is **** not from a resource perspective but from a have to check everyday perspective. Go on vacation for a week? Better still be checking your phone everyday or you might just miss that event you have been waiting 6 months for.
  • Options
    Unfair? Probably. That said, those of us who have him hope that he doesn't come back again until the day before the next meta changing character is released!
  • Options
    considering I'm also waiting for Malak, I'm not fussed when he returns. We have no idea how a mythic tier event is spread out between so its comical people whine. For all we know, it could be a year till it comes back for the second time round.

In the mean time, save gear, save GET MK1 and then smile pleased when you drop him then max him in a week or so.

Thats what I'm trying to to do, so take a chill pill and wait it out.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

So tiring.

Ok... 900 people having crystals ready... Sure that makes it a ftp event?

Show me where I said that.
  • Options
    The only reason Malak was released so fast was because of all the whales crying about not getting enough separation between them and the the people who don’t spend as much as they do.

So there is no precedent or schedule for toon like Malak. It’s anyones guess as to when he returns
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    ZaneMorell wrote: »
    The only reason Malak was released so fast was because of all the whales crying about not getting enough separation between them and the the people who don’t spend as much as they do.

You have a source on that?
  • Options
    Malak may return whenever CG wants but please take him out of Geo TB platoons. It is just super annoying that you have to place a char that isn’t accessible at the moment. This is the only fact about this whole “Malak crisis” that I would call unfair because this does not affect a single player but a whole guild.
  • Options

Yes I get CG labeled it a “new type” of event. Still basically a legendary. They added a few different things to a legendary event, re-packaged it, and sold it as a new event to appease whales. It just lets them release it whenever they want since it’s labeled a new event.
  • Options
    Let's talk about unfair ... unfair is taking a POS character, such as Bariss, who hits like a wet noodle 'in the real game' and giving her the ability to one-shoot toons in the GEO TB ...
  • Options
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    Let's talk about unfair ... unfair is taking a POS character, such as Bariss, who hits like a wet noodle 'in the real game' and giving her the ability to one-shoot toons in the GEO TB ...

And 1000% tenacity 😂
  • Options
    Get it into your thick skull that Mythical events are rarer than legendary. I'd say Malak will return in 6 months total so around september - October.

Sure because there is a precedent for that, right? Like this little "Mythic" even here...

fvp5969yjsap.jpg

yeah, you are right Mythic events are rarer, and only comes back every "6 months".

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Get it into your thick skull that Mythical events are rarer than legendary. I'd say Malak will return in 6 months total so around september - October.

Sure because there is a precedent for that, right? Like this little "Mythic" even here...

fvp5969yjsap.jpg

yeah, you are right Mythic events are rarer, and only comes back every "6 months".

I hate it when facts get in the way of a good slap in the face.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Obviously those are two different types of event. Nomenclature aside.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

Yes I get CG labeled it a “new type” of event. Still basically a legendary. They added a few different things to a legendary event, re-packaged it, and sold it as a new event to appease whales. It just lets them release it whenever they want since it’s labeled a new event.

"Basically a Legendary" is not the same as "actually a Legendary." The verbiage is very important, as they all have different stated cadences. This new type, which is something like Mythic Battle, has no stated cadence. It's like comparing apples and Walmart bags.

fvp5969yjsap.jpg

Mythic Battles and Mythic Events are different things. Right now, we only have the one Mythic Battle, but we have several events that have Mythic Tiers and versions. The Mythic Event you are referring to has a stated cadence, but Mythic Battles do not.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Lol. I love these discussions. "Language matters....until it doesn't." :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Lol. I love these discussions. "Language matters....until it doesn't." :D

I mean, if you are really trying to draw a parallel between the two events, you're really reaching... but ok.
  • Options
    It isn’t unfair that malak hasn’t come back yet, it’s designed to be a “super rare event” or “ mythic legendary” whatever they call it...

What is unfair is that they release GEO TB and require malak in platoons when a majority of the player base doesn’t have him, and that he hasn’t come back yet and we are now on our second GEO TB not to mention that you only unlock him at 5* and he’s required at 7* to be placed in platoons.

All logic aside

it’s totally ridiculous to have People spend for DR only to find out if you don’t have malak you’re DR team is just meh. And to have DR and JKR journey events come back around and we don’t know when malak is going to come back.

I’m guessing sometime in August or whenever the light side GEO TB is released.

But this game has gotten ridiculous so best bet is to just have your OR characters at the requirements or max them out. They make a great GAC defense
  • Options
    They have to have as much incentive as possible with a character like Malak to make sure those whales keep coming back. And I ain't talking about the Purrgil kind either... cause they'd be gone by now. ;)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    What is unfair is that they release GEO TB and require malak in platoons when a majority of the player base doesn’t have him, and that he hasn’t come back yet and we are now on our second GEO TB not to mention that you only unlock him at 5* and he’s required at 7* to be placed in platoons.

This is nothing new though. Remember back when platoons started and there were ships in them that were literally not available in the game except in the fleet megapack? And when we complained about them the answer from Kozi was "recruit people to your guild that have these units"?
  • Durango
    113 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Whine aside, it is a bit unfair, but not for the reason one may think. Outside the "I'm sad that I can't have this shiny new toy to play with, too" which is not really something I care about, there's valid reasons why delaying Malak is a way too punishing.
    • It drastically hinders your guild as a whole in TB. Can't place him in the new TB platoons, can't use it in fight either. Less point, less star, less reward, less Negociator shard, yadda yadda.
    • It's also hindering your guild in TW. Malak is really imbalanced, having twice as more Malak as your opponent usually means a pretty easy victory.
    • Malak's beginning to be one of the big criterion when it comes to recruit some fresh blood. "Does he knows how to play? Is he motivated and present on Discord? Does he have Malak?" It's pretty lame, to be honest and absolutely should not happen in this kind of game.

I'm personally not annoyed that much by Malak "lateness", but I can absolutely see why people would call this "unfair": It's not only creating a gap between you and the people that have Malak, but it also frustrating when you look at a guild level.
  • Options
    Durango wrote: »
    Whine aside, it is a bit unfair, but not for the reason one may think. Outside the "I'm sad that I can't have this shiny new toy to play with, too" which is not really something I care about, there's valid reasons why delaying Malak is a way too punishing.
    • It drastically hinders your guild as a whole in TB. Can't place him in the new TB platoons, can't use it in fight either. Less point, less star, less reward, less Negociator shard, yadda yadda.
    • It's also hindering your guild in TW. Malak is really imbalanced, having twice as more Malak as your opponent usually means a pretty easy victory.
    • Malak's beginning to be one of the big criterion when it comes to recruit some fresh blood. "Does he knows how to play? Is he motivated and present on Discord? Does he have Malak?" It's pretty lame, to be honest and absolutely should not happen in this kind of game.

I'm personally not annoyed that much by Malak "lateness", but I can absolutely see why people would call this "unfair": It's not only creating a gap between you and the people that have Malak, but it also frustrating when you look at a guild level.

You know what that list is? The reasons why it behooves CG to delay his return. What CG wants is for the playerbase to realize that they need to get these characters the first time, or they're going to be screwed for a variety of reasons on an individual and guild level. This way, whenever the next ultra-mythical-character-of-legend gets released on 17 minutes notice, people jump on it and spend whatever they have to in order to not get left behind for 6 months.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Durango wrote: »

You know what that list is? The reasons why it behooves CG to delay his return. What CG wants is for the playerbase to realize that they need to get these characters the first time, or they're going to be screwed for a variety of reasons on an individual and guild level. This way, whenever the next ultra-mythical-character-of-legend gets released on 17 minutes notice, people jump on it and spend whatever they have to in order to not get left behind for 6 months.

Sadly, this is likely the case. And it's been the case since August of 2017 - CG is just more blatant about it now.