Isn't it so unfair to release Malak late like this?

124Next

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    Don’t worry, the next meta is already for deployment as soon as they release this round on Malak. Glad to see an end to the DR/Malak reign.
    Usually 6-8 months between major meta shifts (and I'm not talking things that can simply coexist), and CG is generally good about giving second wavers half a cycle to play with the current dominant meta.

You're speaking purely from salt.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Lozsta wrote: »
    Blimey the first time I have seen a response about Malak... So is there anything happening ever with this event?
    Yes. Yes, obviously something will happen with this event. Be patient.

Malak will come back. When? At a time and date. That time will be announced at some other time and date. There will be no information until the date at which information is announced, because that would be announcing before the announcement date, which would not be the date at which things will be announced.

Be patient.

We're still well within a "roughly 3-4 months" window. Just wait.

This.

Even within the cadence for other events we have seen variation in the first return.

Make a plan to be ready, get ready, then move on to other plans knowing you will get it when it comes around.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    0ngoqmqhp9of.jpg

• Let's be honest they are trying to give malak owners the ability to g13 him beiore you can 5 star him. Why act surprised that they mess with f2p with the consistent" what paywall" line.
  • They’re trying to make sure next time you buy the Meta defining character instead of waiting until next time...
  • Just like Sion... inflicting “Pain”
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    You dont deserve fun if you are not a whale.
    You deserve to be spit at your face.
    Give me your money, that is all that matter.
  • I love these posts :) pure entertainment "ItS sO uNfAiR!!!"
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    You know what that list is? The reasons why it behooves CG to delay his return. What CG wants is for the playerbase to realize that they need to get these characters the first time, or they're going to be screwed for a variety of reasons on an individual and guild level. This way, whenever the next ultra-mythical-character-of-legend gets released on 17 minutes notice, people jump on it and spend whatever they have to in order to not get left behind for 6 months.
    I don't have Malak. My guild does not have enough Malaks to fill platoons. We are doing fine.

You do not need every great toon to do well. You do not need to be number one in arena to do well. Second place is not the first loser. And it is not the case that 99.99% of the playerbase is failing because they're not in the top 20 on the leader board.

Life isn't about you. Gameplay isn't about your guild. If there is content to be had players might just want to experience it for themselves. Regardless of arena.
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    O.m.g. this is so unfair.

Yeah this game is Pay To Win. They have very little obligation to free players. By nature the game is "unfair" for free players.
    How dare life be unfair to us.

But what if I wasn't playing at that time at all but am in the position to pay now? Whether ftp or ptp shouldn't matter.
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    StarDog89 wrote: »
    Life ain't fair either. Everyone should know this by now

Everyone or everyone here? Either way no not everyone is in the position age experience or mindframe to make your assumption correct
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    staa93 wrote: »
    Malak was released only 2~3weeks after DRevan event.
    But now it passed more than one month after second DRevan event.

It is so unfair. Only those guys who opened Malak early takes it all.
    Why shouldn't other guys get same chance to open the same character as before?
    Regardless of strength of inventory or money, all the players should have same chance to open new charactor, but they never do that.
    So curious how they think and how they manage this game.

Right new people join everyday and they are missing out on new whale money. Most salesman understand when demand is high pri e and.willingness to pay no matter balloon.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    You dont deserve fun if you are not a whale.
    You deserve to be spit at your face.
    Give me your money, that is all that matter.

Tell that my g13 Malak, boi

Good for you, you belong to the 1% non spender that have malak. Does that suppose that everyone else does ?
    Congratulation for your egoism and your lack of empathy, i am impressed, so is my pity for you 🙂
  • evoluza wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    0ngoqmqhp9of.jpg

But nobody asks how is Malak.

I'll do you one better Why is Malak?
  • staa93 wrote: »
    Malak was released only 2~3weeks after DRevan event.
    But now it passed more than one month after second DRevan event.

It is so unfair. Only those guys who opened Malak early takes it all.
    Why shouldn't other guys get same chance to open the same character as before?
    Regardless of strength of inventory or money, all the players should have same chance to open new charactor, but they never do that.
    So curious how they think and how they manage this game.

The Old Republic/Sith Empire factions were the most expensive toons ever added to this game. Those that place 1st in both arenas and hoarded crystals didn’t have to spend a dime. Others payed money to get jkr/Darth Revan/payed money to gear up Old Republic to hit 17,500 power then payed money again to get malek to g13.

I think it’s fair to say those that spent that much money deserve to be the ones that have malek for a while longer. I think 3 months is too soon for his return. 6 months seems fair for his return. Of course this is just my opinion and it won’t be popular with the have-nots.
  • *Yawn*

You guys are soooo mad about Malak.. What are you going to do in a few years when the game closes down?
    I know, I know... Go to reddit and complain about how unfair it is that you invested so much time, energy, and money and they don't even care anymore, they just closed it all down because it doesn't make them enough money per quarter to justify keeping it open ...the big meanies.

*eye_roll*
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Yes we are mad, that doesnt mean we cant leave without the game hey. If you want to knee to everything you can, i choose to complain about what i consider bad choices and very poor game design.

Enjoy your malak, you dont know what it is to fight him without him
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    Yes we are mad, that doesnt mean we cant leave without the game hey. If you want to knee to everything you can, i choose to complain about what i consider bad choices and very poor game design.

I don't own Malak. I'm ready when and if he decides to show up again, I just choose not to get bent out of shape over a mobile game that could close shop next month for all I know. If you choose to make it such a focal point of your life that it pains you this much that's not on me... or the Devs.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »

I don't own Malak. I'm ready when and if he decides to show up again, I just choose not to get bent out of shape over a mobile game that could close shop next month for all I know. If you choose to make it such a focal point of your life that it pains you this much that's not on me... or the Devs.

Always the same poor argument. My life is fine thanks that doesnt mean i have to approuved whatever the marketing service of EA is deciding to make you give more and more money (it is a company yes but they are also designing a GAME not a cash machine for unbrained zombies)

And if you enjoy being completely destroyed in auto in arena, grand arena, territory wars it might be your definition of fun but it is not mine 😂

Anyways enjoy your game man (or woman, not judging), hope we can fight each other as non malak user !
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Maybe don't use auto then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH