This is not the ga matchup I was looking for, move along.

Matched against someone with 15 G13 characters vs my 4. Lol. Fun times, fun times.

G13 gear should be weighted heavier in mm, I thinks.

Replies

  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Yes, this is the one parameter that has more import than almost all else. It will just take a bit of time before everyone is complaining for the same reason.
  • Yeah pretty tough to overcome that difference. Hopefully they re-weight the g13s. Til then at least I got to watch someone get a perfect clear of my defense teehee.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I haven't found g13 to be the huge swing I thought it would it be, to be completely honest. The single largest deciding factor in the GAC matches to this point seem to have been more related to Malak than number of g13s. This first match, my opponent has 4 more g13s than I do, but I still won. He doesn't have Malak (nor do I). The last GAC, there were two opponents who were closer in g13, but had Malak and annihilated me (some was bad RNG with my GR team vs. their Malak).

    Sure, if g13 is granting a big stat advantage, it should count heavier in GP - but unless you're fighting all mirror matches where that 8 speed boost really comes into play, I just haven't noticed it being as strong a factor in how close the match is overall. Not nearly as much as having Malak (or, at lower GP ranges, JKR, DR, etc.) when opponents don't.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I haven't found g13 to be the huge swing I thought it would it be, to be completely honest. The single largest deciding factor in the GAC matches to this point seem to have been more related to Malak than number of g13s. This first match, my opponent has 4 more g13s than I do, but I still won. He doesn't have Malak (nor do I). The last GAC, there were two opponents who were closer in g13, but had Malak and annihilated me (some was bad RNG with my GR team vs. their Malak).

    Sure, if g13 is granting a big stat advantage, it should count heavier in GP - but unless you're fighting all mirror matches where that 8 speed boost really comes into play, I just haven't noticed it being as strong a factor in how close the match is overall. Not nearly as much as having Malak (or, at lower GP ranges, JKR, DR, etc.) when opponents don't.

    You are probably facing g13s people are yet doing for their arena teams with very little bumps since that's been the most popular g13ing. The arena team g13s didn't change my ability to beat them in arena either. Everyone is still climbing as they used to.

    But people got past that initial hurdle at our gps and are doing to toons to the ones like GG where it makes a huge difference. And they are gradually analysing which teams gets a substantial benefit from it. Merely the # of g13s won't matter, which g13s they have will and as everything else that will be determined by flock behaviour as the good ones will spread from ear to ear.
    Strumpoo wrote: »
    Yeah pretty tough to overcome that difference. Hopefully they re-weight the g13s. Til then at least I got to watch someone get a perfect clear of my defense teehee.

    Dunno what they can do. They can maybe apply a patch solely targeted at hitting the g13 button. But that has to be a substantial GP bump, otherwise it won't matter since there's little evidence we are qualified beyond -pertinent gp- right now.
  • Jarvind
    3851 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    G13 really isn't that big a deal. My only two are Darth Revan and Badstila, and I can still beat full G13 Dralak squads in my arena shard. And my Malak isn't even 7 stars yet.

    Obviously it's a nice boost for anyone, and certain characters (most notably Grievous) get particularly awesome stat increases, but it doesn't make a character unbeatable by any means.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    G13 really isn't that big a deal. My only two are Darth Revan and Badstila, and I can still beat full G13 Dralak squads in my arena shard. And my Malak isn't even 7 stars yet.

    Obviously it's a nice boost for anyone, and certain characters (most notably Grievous) get particularly awesome stat increases, but it doesn't make a character unbeatable by any means.

    See after you get an opponent that has done 15 of the substantial bumps. I studied which ones to do for myself and they are spreading in the community slowly. But don't wanna increase the rate they spread right now either xD. Each are capable of changing the teams capabilities and counter tactics as well.
  • I find mods to be the biggest deciding factor in GA. I was able to pull a win on my last match against an opponent who had 6 more G12s than me, and Malak, and Separatists (both of which I don’t have), all because I had faster mods and so was able to hold out on defense. A +25 speed mod has exactly the same GP as a +5, so they carry even less weight than G13 or G12.
    That said, the GP increase for G13 is not in proportion to the actual strength of the squad. The problem is that there is no GP increase for upgrading a tier, only for adding gear. Which means that the GP increase for adding a finisher is identical to adding that wrist band to you NS acolyte. No way to get around this without completely overhauling how gear is counted for GP.
  • Strumpoo
    84 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, mods still the biggest problem (speed especially). G13s however, are a massive hurdle if you dont have them and you opponent does. People who say they arent a big deal are full of it, or they are facing people who have no idea how to set up teams.

    The massive health boosts to teams is huge, then the big speed boost hits as well. Like taking that +25 speed mod and making it a +35. I don't think people would say being out speeded by 10 on mods isnt a big deal lol.
  • 15x g13? How? Just HOW? i have currently 2 g13 toons. What is this? Gotta have a lot and i mean A LOT gear saved up/ money to get that right?
  • Phrenesis wrote: »
    15x g13? How? Just HOW? i have currently 2 g13 toons. What is this? Gotta have a lot and i mean A LOT gear saved up/ money to get that right?

    I'll give you a hint- it's not saved up gear.
Sign In or Register to comment.