Division 1 and Division 2 Boards

Prev1
No_Try
4051 posts Member

I noticed a little disparity for the boards between div 1 and 2 where both divs have same slots and have the same tables across the board. Wondered what's taking effect into it. I have a few ideas but wanted to hear yours.

Disclaimer: it's a global difference, albeit small. Not attributable to individual overachievers.

dybaprdxv1aw.png
xz478r87qi2o.png

i9mqixzxnsdj.png
sjwd2e6wlzmw.png

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Efficiency.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Or Gremlins.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Or efficient gremlins.
  • First reaction is this is probably a great example of how the defense you face plays a role in your overall score.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Efficiency.

And why is 4-4.5M gp range more efficient than 4.5M+ gp range?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    It's not. That's irrelevant.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Huh? Then why is the explanation the difference "efficiency". Randomly more efficient sample between two boards?
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Of course.

The differences in individual matchups (stong O vs strong D, more efficient people vs less efficient people, etc) have nothing to do with any difference between these two divisions.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Of course.

The individual matchups (stong O vs strong D, more efficient people vs less efficient people, etc) have nothing to do with these two divisions.

Yeah but why is there a difference then? It's not a few people being more efficient difference, an approx 300 banner difference trickles down the board where all parameters between these 2 divisions are the same (and many div 2 players whom have a bit more focused rosters also get matched with div 1).

Efficiency is the cause why any player can get higher banners than any other (where both are perfectly winning all their matches), it doesn't explain a distribution.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I've seen how you argue these types of things in the past and I'm not willing to spend an entire day on it. Of course it's random given the number of variables and it makes perfect sense. And I'm done.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Lol, then why write in the first place? 4M-4.5M range is a much stricter range than 4.5M+ which can go up 5.7M.

Random doesn't make any sense, if it makes enough sense for you, ok, go with that poor explanation.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Anyway, for others who are not TVF who will write to any topic but can't follow up, my idea is population density. Even though this is a stricter range most of the first year of the game accounts probably falls in this range. And the lean philosophy keeps many pushing to higher GPs whom are also very successful players in building their rosters. 2-3x more population in the range=more people able to push for extreme banners.

Another slight factor may be the highest end of division 1 can't win as consistently as everyone has everything maxed so every match between whale/krakens will become a hurdle where they can't go for extreme banner wins.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    2 more data points from beyond the browsable top 50. Me and a guldie at very close banners. We're not even halfway yet, will see how it shapes as weeks go on.

Div 1:

9m761t07jjsw.png
    v1wf4g3oahl8.png

Div 2:

ynjhodpfyrhu.png
    u19bulcv4kf5.png

• evoluza wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    2 more data points from beyond the browsable top 50. Me and a guldie at very close banners. We're not even halfway yet, will see how it shapes as weeks go on.

Div 1:

9m761t07jjsw.png
    v1wf4g3oahl8.png

Div 2:

ynjhodpfyrhu.png
    u19bulcv4kf5.png

You got way more noobs in div 2. That's why they collect more points.
    So called efficiency.

This. I am constantly paired with 5-7 Division 2 players because I have a very high ship GP. However my inclusion in the bracket forces 8 teams on defense ather than 6.

Most of my opponents have very shallow rosters and they are getting full clears of 8 teams against one another quite easily. Therefore they all end up with more points than their Division 1 counterparts, where it is all full G12+, well-modded, teams on D.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »

Div 1:

9m761t07jjsw.png
    v1wf4g3oahl8.png

Div 2:

ynjhodpfyrhu.png
    u19bulcv4kf5.png

You got way more noobs in div 2. That's why they collect more points.
    So called efficiency.

More people or are they just noober?
  • It should balance out eventually. I'm in Div2, but I think all my matches have been against Div1. And when I look at the top 10 of div 2, I can definitely beat some of those rosters. Eventually, those topping div 2 will be facing increasingly tougher opponents.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It should balance out eventually. I'm in Div2, but I think all my matches have been against Div1. And when I look at the top 10 of div 2, I can definitely beat some of those rosters. Eventually, those topping div 2 will be facing increasingly tougher opponents.

Sure but MM doesn't seem to be matching winners against winners so far. It seems to start from scratch each week.
  • If division 1 and 2 have the same number of slots, then people in division 1 will have more gp to dedicate towards defense. This will transfer to lower attack scores around the board.
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    It should balance out eventually. I'm in Div2, but I think all my matches have been against Div1. And when I look at the top 10 of div 2, I can definitely beat some of those rosters. Eventually, those topping div 2 will be facing increasingly tougher opponents.

Sure but MM doesn't seem to be matching winners against winners so far. It seems to start from scratch each week.

You say that, yet the matches keep getting harder. Did they announce that was the case? Cuz that's not what I've seen tbh
  • Mine were no harder in 2nd GA than 1st. And looking at rankings / points at the start of the 2nd one, there didn’t seem to be any consistency or indication that they all had a similar record to me (3-0 in 1st, currently 2-0 in 2nd)
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Mine were horrible this round, (almost) all had g13 7* Malak monster squads and otherwise strong rosters as well. BUT latest meta toons aside I think all fights would have been manageable, not that I would have won them necessarily but even enough for it to be a good matchup.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »

You say that, yet the matches keep getting harder. Did they announce that was the case? Cuz that's not what I've seen tbh

I'm not sure either way really, just going by what I got in my league and what others report. I didn't get it easy first week and it was similar this week. When I checked 2nd weeks pool though, I also checked all their current standings which was a distribution. If we were a pool of first weeks winners, wouldn't that directly show in standings?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Harder or easier matches in the pools is not what you should look at. The initial thought everyone had was we would gradually get matched with people with similar level of success of the previous weeks, which is not directly related to what they do or don't have. You should look into whether that took place or not.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    more players and more noobs in div2 than in div1.
    Also, more GP but same amount of def slots should logically result in better def placed in div1 than in div2.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Harder or easier matches in the pools is not what you should look at. The initial thought everyone had was we would gradually get matched with people with similar level of success of the previous weeks, which is not directly related to what they do or don't have. You should look into whether that took place or not.

Yeah you are right, good point.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    09kgu65le5t3.png
    sldvk0gth9zt.png

----

7bt4uecwrdei.png
    c6gasfrdr6ge.png

The disrepancy more or less solidified now. For whatever reason div 2 has a few folds the population of div 1 and/or it's presenting much more competition for banners.

• Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Or efficient gremlins.
    Feeding after midnight?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    If division 1 and 2 have the same number of slots, then people in division 1 will have more gp to dedicate towards defense. This will transfer to lower attack scores around the board.

I think this is the answer.