Non traditional and unorthodox teams

Prev1
dlv1986
401 posts Member
Who do you squad with non traditionally? Why so?

Replies

• dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    oq0b8yfntohf.png
    xdeemd9gnlwg.png
    yt3zrirj6cm7.png
    59vivka3deea.png
    5a9y7f37fg85.png
    7laihwzdp3gs.png
    nxc2jogsimuv.png
    rdz86pk3j1oi.png
    oq56w4bzlux6.png
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    dlv1986 wrote: »
    Why so?

i do wonder why you would use those teams you posted.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Everyone counters consistently, especially beautiful team crash on aoes and I love Ezra calling dooku for the assist 4-5 hits like a dern roller derby. Daka gives bb8 enough tm for three illuminated destinies. The Gatling gun mafia is just crazy with the aoes. I just like revans and bastillas plus gmy giving up the buffs. Mandolorian mob just because. Resistance Jedi and cls because illuminated destinie and a baby destiny. My first arena team because they worked. Team shock value #1 of 2. And the double tap dynamos.
    Post edited by dlv1986 on
  • I run a Jawa/Wampa combo in the arena on an alt. Seems pretty unorthodox. The one Jawa I leave off the team is Dathcha.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Gar Saxon, he ain't good for anything else
  • haysswa1
    169 posts Member
    I haven't jumbled anything together since over 3 years ago before factions and their corresponding leads were even a thing.
    So probably something like lumi lead, fives, rg, geo soldier and cwc. I think that was probably my starting arena squad.
    Every now and then I'll throw something weird in gw but for the most part I try out any new chars I'm currently working on in there.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    My best unorthodox team is one that I use for GAC on offense:

G11 Admiral Ackbar
    G12 Princess Leia Organa
    G10 Tusken Shaman
    G12 Rex
    G10 Hermit Yoda

This team beats a lot of maxed B-tier teams like OR, Phoenix, Ewoks, Geos, BH (sometimes)...it completely dismantles FO since Leia just puts out tons of damage without applying debuffs.

Another one that I run on offense is:

G12 zzVader
    G12 Royal Guard
    G12 Sith Trooper
    G12 Wampa
    G12 Sidious

Not totally unorthodox, but between Vader and Sidious, you can put 3-5 DoTs on everyone and build Wampa up. Obviously wrecks OR and Phoenix...I use as a cleanup squad in GAC.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Phasma, FOTP, Wampa, GK (not geared enough to go anywhere else yet).

Dismantles Phoenix with ease, any non CLS rebel team, Ewoks (if I want to use Troopers elsewhere). Virtually guarantees an undersize win.

Just defeated a G12 zNS team with CLS, Han, Chewie, Nest, and Ewok Elder. Surprisingly effective to remove plague and AoE daze.
  • Rogenhamen
    160 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Mandolorian mob just because.

bj1fnn8i7020.png
    Mfw Clone instead of Canderous for your Mando Mob.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • Rogenhamen wrote: »

bj1fnn8i7020.png

Even Sabine would be better. We have 6 Mandalorians but you choose a clone...
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    jg0b8velch9h.jpg

My arena team for now, beats NS.
  • Kluski
    68 posts Member
    I run Bossk, Boba, Dengar, CLS, and Thrawn. On good days, I can get in the 300s for arena.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    It's not fully geared, but I run a zGar Saxon, Magma, ISC, Range, and Stormtrooper team against hodgepodge teams in TW and it works wonders.

More traditional teams include a Wedge lead, Biggs, Ackbar, St. Han, and Princess Leia. Works pretty good against teams that require burst damage.
  • An unorthodox team that I've been having some success with in GA is zMaul lead with Dooku, Sith Assassin, Ventress, and Magnaguard. The team has decent synergy, stays stealthed, feeds turn meter decently, and does good damage if I mod them for crit chance & damage.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    CUP lead uroruoror, tusken raider, tusken shaman and ugnaught.

Holds up on D 95% of the time
  • Kylo Unmasked zeta leader
    Kylo zeta
    Nihilus zeta
    Sion
    Visas or Enfys or Savage zeta

Main point is that they're annoyingly hard to kill. Nihilus and Sion help one another. Counters, aoe attacks, debuffs, dispels, stuns, turn generation, health and protection generation...

Honestly never played as the group, but it gives attackers trouble when I set it on defense in GAC.
  • I ran Rex lead with Anakin, Kylo Ren Unmasked, Visas Marr, and Enfys Nest before Anakin got his rework.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    jg0b8velch9h.jpg

Why not to make trawn leader? This will give bonuses to 4 out of 5 chars?

• dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    jg0b8velch9h.jpg

Why not to make trawn leader? This will give bonuses to 4 out of 5 chars?

I'm guessing they like gars lead better because that's what they like and I'm with them. I don't like thrawn at all. Only use him under qira(which I detest) with embo k2 and l3, because it's like mortal Kombat with all the punching and kicking
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    I ran Rex lead with Anakin, Kylo Ren Unmasked, Visas Marr, and Enfys Nest before Anakin got his rework.

What's different about it after the rework? Is it worse?
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    zCaptain Phasma lead with Ezra, Count Dooku, Princess Leia and General Kenobi.

Lots of assists.

Ahh forgot about my assist team... Bastilla Ezra gk Jolee and ummm... I can't remember it's been Soo long, just say krevan lead for now. I bet phasma helps a lot
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    Kylo Unmasked zeta leader
    Kylo zeta
    Nihilus zeta
    Sion

Main point is that they're annoyingly hard to kill. Nihilus and Sion help one another. Counters, aoe attacks, debuffs, dispels, stuns, turn generation, health and protection generation...

Honestly never played as the group, but it gives attackers trouble when I set it on defense in GAC.

Gonna check that out
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    CUP lead uroruoror, tusken raider, tusken shaman and ugnaught.

Holds up on D 95% of the time

I haven't worked it out yet but I like tshamen with empty nest because they look like DARTH krayts parents
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    An unorthodox team that I've been having some success with in GA is zMaul lead with Dooku, Sith Assassin, Ventress, and Magnaguard. The team has decent synergy, stays stealthed, feeds turn meter decently, and does good damage if I mod them for crit chance & damage.

I'd like to know how long maul nute r2 and who ever else can stealth an entire team would hold up
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    Rogenhamen wrote: »

bj1fnn8i7020.png

Even Sabine would be better. We have 6 Mandalorians but you choose a clone...

No mask no participation. And who were the clones of? A mandolorian right?! Step off and remove your foot from your mouth now.
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    Rogenhamen wrote: »

bj1fnn8i7020.png

I like who I like I could care less how weak they are. Step off
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    haysswa1 wrote: »
    I haven't jumbled anything together since over 3 years ago before factions and their corresponding leads were even a thing.
    So probably something like lumi lead, fives, rg, geo soldier and cwc. I think that was probably my starting arena squad.
    Every now and then I'll throw something weird in gw but for the most part I try out any new chars I'm currently working on in there.

Let me know what you come up with next. My first team was bariss lumi jc old yellar I mean ben and dooku called em team ups. Brown did nothing for me. Regret those farms mostly
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Kylo Unmasked zeta leader
    Kylo zeta
    Nihilus zeta
    Sion

Gonna check that out

I also need to find fillers for my Niles Mars team. I enjoy watching them drain people together like a bro and sis in the backyard playing. Gonna try draya Niles Mars sion Vader.
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    It's been a mostly great post. One of the few I've enjoyed on forums in years. Thank the majority of you for being constructive polite and informative. Hope to converse with you again. Cheers no jeers