Geo Brood Alpha going to make the Padme Event fun?

Prev1
What do you guys think?

Replies

• Options
    Also with the Geo reworks..
  • Options
    This is obviously assuming you didn’t get Padme the first time..
  • Options
    Have you read padme’s kit? The part about when her or her allies get attacked “out of turn”? Read her unique, second paragraph.

Geo Brood Alpha will make the event very difficult is my guess.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Have you read padme’s kit? The part about when her or her allies get attacked “out of turn”? Read her unique, second paragraph.

Just ask anyone who still uses CLS in arena
  • Aayla
    200 posts Member
    Options
    that is true. That said i am sure that they will be able to beat the padme event at gear12+. every assist triggers theprotection only once iirc and they may be capable to one shot someone on the other side. Geonosian Spy got even scarier after his rework... Maybe wishful thinking but i think they will be abl to deal with the event. Geo Spy and all those dispells will make gk useless as a tank. Sun fac can blind and daze them... worst case is that they fail and i have to gear 13 grievous which isn’t a bad thing either=)
  • Options
    Alpha’s leadership zeta will make those numerous prot up buffs a liability for padme, so it might work out
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

We'll see. They have potential. There were vids of old Geonosian Spy one-shotting Padme by eating a bunch of effects.

Geos might be fine. I'm not making them my plan A, though.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    At the same time, that protection up for out of turn attacks is a unique ability. If Padme dies, that unique goes away. And you've got cleanse on basic with mass assist, so literally anything you do will dispel Kenobi's taunt, meaning he can't really keep you away from Padme. If you can land one Spy nuke on Padme, she's gone. It's not unreasonable.

Also, a lot of things can beat Nightsisters. Heck, maxed Phoenix can beat maxed Nightsisters even though the sisters can beat Jedi Knight Revan. They're a strong and flexible team, but they're not exactly a good standard of comparison; they just have a complex profile of strengths and weaknesses.
    Still not a he.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Geonosians are the worst Padmé event squad ever.

You're better off trying to cut a tree with a plastic ruler than fighting Padmé with geonosians
  • Options
    I think the sep droids are going to be a much better choice
  • Options
    I think the droids are the safer bet, but I think the Geos will be able to pull it off personally. Just may be 7* Thrawn levels of headaches.
  • Aayla
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah separatist droids are better for the event but if i can do it with geos, i will go for them first because of the wat tambor shards. Grievous droids also need a ton of gear compared to the geonosians... I guess it will all come down to spy one shotting padme with good rng. once padme is out the geos will easily deal with all the others. They won’t have any damage without their courage stacks while your geos will heal up with every attack they do. Targetting padme shouldn’t be too hard as someone wrote above with all the dispells.
  • Options
    Aayla wrote: »
    Yeah separatist droids are better for the event but if i can do it with geos, i will go for them first because of the wat tambor shards. Grievous droids also need a ton of gear compared to the geonosians... I guess it will all come down to spy one shotting padme with good rng. once padme is out the geos will easily deal with all the others. They won’t have any damage without their courage stacks while your geos will heal up with every attack they do. Targetting padme shouldn’t be too hard as someone wrote above with all the dispells.

Exactly. Geos should have little problem focusing and getting rid of Padme, which will neuter the rest of them.
  • Phern
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Exactly. Geos should have little problem focusing and getting rid of Padme, which will neuter the rest of them.[/quote]

And then ani kills u and fishy jolee revives padme
  • Aayla
    200 posts Member
    Options
    naa, fishy jolee can’t revive. Padme. not enough midichlorians in her body
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    Options
    Aayla wrote: »
    naa, fishy jolee can’t revive. Padme. not enough midichlorians in her body

Lol! This is hilarious.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    It s not even fair for the people who struggled to 7* Padme the first time it came after 10000 attempts, that now the others will easily 7* her after just few attempts with those reworked separatists / geos
  • Aayla
    200 posts Member
    Options
    soo true, they should have released the reworks before the event.... like they did with the BH for Chewbacca. Anyways good to see the optimism for the beetles to defeat tier 7.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Geo spy can kill her easy.. But not sure if its gonna work well
  • Options
    Simple answer is to not run all the Geos!
    B2 is the Dengar of the event.
    Ventress is also really useful
    So.....why not try either:
    • Poggle, Sun Fac, Spy, Ventress, B2
    • Nute, Sun Fac, Spy, Ventress, B2

With the reworked kits, Zetas and G12+ either of those teams should work.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'm going with Nute lead. Extortion will make the event fun.

Nute, B2, Sun Fac, GG and either Dooku (not zeta'd) or Asajj.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going with Nute lead. Extortion will make the event fun.

Nute, B2, Sun Fac, GG and either Dooku (not zeta'd) or Asajj.

Ditto - Sun Fac + asaj for the mass dispel + stun. My alpha is 7* Zetad, but that unique is probably going to chew up the geos.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    g13 GG ftw
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options

i just used a padme (almost all gear 12 full zetas) against geos (mostly gear 10 no zeta) and she surprisingly had a hard time fighting them. so a high gear Geo team could make the event easier from the health equalization and multiple taunts (plus expendable character), and with spy doing huge numbers the bonus protection might not help much.

i think they could make it very easy (not dying 100000 times fro good RNG) and fun to play. granted i could be wrong but only time will tell
  • Options
    The 40% protection up isn't stacking. You just need to have them lethal enough to overcome that.

Genosian Spy is the key. If any of your Genosians should be G12-G13 going into it it should be spy at 216 CD so it can crit for 100,000 damage. Protection up against that
  • Options
    Brood Alpha's only purpose will be to provide a free taunting sixth unit and aoe dispelling buffs. I think he'll be just fine for this event. Throw him in with G13 grievous, b2, nute, AV or other droids and it should be a cake walk.
  • Ewolv
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I am hoping on the brood Alpha meatshield. Without the 75% counters on the brute ofc ;) Will try Nute, Dooku, Brood, Assaj and B2
  • Options
    I got close to 7 star last time with asajj, dooku, b2, magnaguard, and sun fac.

This time i have a 7 star g12 gg and mostly g11 bugs.

I may try bugs first to see how they do but if not, i can always go gg, asajj, dooku, b2, and nute/magnaguard/sunfac/brood alpha/droid decca. Any of those combos should be ok. Last time, my asajj almost built enough dmg up to do it. With gg as a second damage dealers, it shouldn't be too bad.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    The 40% protection up isn't stacking.

But it will re-apply for every single attack out of turn according to the previously posted explanation on how protection up on the padme team works.

For every single Geo attacking, the "victim" will have his or her 40% recharged.
    So your only chance will be having Spy OHKO'ing every single one of the toons on the Padme team.