Ahsoka's Health Bar Display in Battle Is Changing

Krey
341 posts Member
So, doing today's attacker challenge, Ahsoka is in the back row nearest the screen. Her health bar display looks like what I would expect of a character whose health is 12k or so, a bunch of tightly packed smallish bars.

Then, I attack with her basic attack. When she comes back from the attack, her health bar display has changed. She stilll has max health, but the bars are much bigger. It is like her max health has dropped.

I observed this twice in two different combats within the same challenge. When the fight round starts, small packed bars. Use basic attack, and the bars get bigger like her max health dropped.

I don't know if this is just a graphical bug or if her health us really dropping. I will observe again when I do the challenge again and see if I can repeat it again. Maybe grab a screen shot.

Replies

• Krey
    341 posts Member
    I have not had a chance to try it again, but I should add that I do not remeber if she landed a finishing blow, and the fight ended before I could see if she had somehow been debuffed.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Ok. More information

Whenever Ahsoka takes damage, and she recovers health at the end of the round before the screen transition to the next round, her health bar recovers the usual minor health, but it also expands to bigger bars like her max health as dropped. When the next round actually does start, her health appears to be back to normal. So I do not know if there is actually any affect on gameplay. It is probably just a visual thing.

Going to run through some more tests, but I only have two more attempts on the fighter only challenge.
  • Used her today in some of my battles but i didn´t notice that. To my mind her health did not change, but i will have some more fights with her later on and watch out if something like that happens.
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I have it figured out.

In order to prolong battles, I put in B team guys plus Ahsoka. In that challenge match, they also did damage to Ahsoka.

Did the challenge again, and she did not take damage, but her health bar still expanded during every transition from on battle to the next (there is only two), even when she didn't take damage.

I am assuming that her unique ability buff that gives her the hitpoints drops during that transition between battles and the health bar updates briefly to display the new health total. But the buff is always up come the next fight, and her health appears to be back to normal.

This raises a couple of questions.
    1: Is the health recovery between rounds based off her buffed health or non-buffed health? This would be particularly important if the same thing is happening in GW, and the health recovery is applied before or after her buff drops.
    2: if she did get critted enough times to strip her health buff, would it be restored at the start of the next fight in the challenge since it seems to be dropped and reapplied anyway? What about the other buffs? Again, more important if the same thing is happening in GW.

I have already completed GW today or I would check myself.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Finished my last challenge and paid attention to the start of each fight in the challenge. You can actually see the buffs being applied at the start of the battle (you can see the green text).

So, yeah, the buff is being dropped and replied. See questions above.
  • Yes, if you look at her new description it says she loses her health buff if hit with a critical, and she gets it back when she kills an opponent.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Yes, if you look at her new description it says she loses her health buff if hit with a critical, and she gets it back when she kills an opponent.

I know what the decripiton says, and that is not what I am saying.

She has her buff when the round finishes (all or part of it...doesn't matter). Round ends, and her buff completely goes away. Then, at the start of the next round, it is applied again.

No crit hits. She hasn't finished anyone. Buff goes away and comes back during match transition.

Therefore, see questions above.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Actually, now that I think about it, I can answer one of my questions.

Since status affects do not carry over from match to match, if her buff is dropped in one match, it would be completely renewed in the next. So...dumb question there. We know this already.

I am still curious about health recovery though.
  • All buffs and debuffs dissipate at the end of a round in GW. at the start of the next round the buff reappears before first action takes place. I have noticed this with ig100, as he has a similar buff. If he isnt damaged by his next turn he gets a buff. But this isnt the normal buff that appears over someone's head. This one says "speed" across the character and then goes away. It doesn't show the entire match, and there is no warning when it is negated. With ahsoka you can see by her health meter when the buff is negated. i hope this is more of the answer you were looking for.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    See my own reply once I thought about it.

I am still wondering about health gain...if it is based off buffed or non-buffed health if her health buff has not been dropped. I am guessing non-buffed.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    All buffs and debuffs dissipate at the end of a round in GW. at the start of the next round the buff reappears before first action takes place. I have noticed this with ig100, as he has a similar buff. If he isnt damaged by his next turn he gets a buff. But this isnt the normal buff that appears over someone's head. This one says "speed" across the character and then goes away. It doesn't show the entire match, and there is no warning when it is negated. With ahsoka you can see by her health meter when the buff is negated. i hope this is more of the answer you were looking for.

Yeah...I follow you now.
  • I would assume each character gets a percentage of their health back at the end of the round based on their base health before buff.