Ns + anakin , when will it be fixed ?

Replies

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    thatguy181 wrote: »
    Is the argument really that there are 3 teams that can solo p3 so we need to nerf one of the three because somehow that's going to make a difference... there will still be 2 teams capable of 30m+ lol

The biggest issue is Anakin/NS is full auto once it's set up. The 3PO team that can solo the phase will at least require you to sit there for one painful hour going through a very specific set of abilities to slowly get through it.

CG is fixing it. They've made that very clear. I don't know what the debate is for. JKA is going to get changed, or the NS are going to get changed. Either MT only gives TM out for NS specific debuffs resisted, or JKA will get changed to only take bonus turns when Jedi/Galactic Republic allies meet the criteria. It's almost certain that one of the two, if not both, will happen.

So your made because some people dont have to sit there for 60 minutes pressing the same button?

Full auto, straw that broke camels back, Interesting take seems petty since the result is exactly the same but apparently it makes a difference to some people

There's a big difference between scoring 50m (if that's the number, whatever the full phase is) by pressing one button and scoring 5-10m by playing the content. And by playing the content for much less than 60 minutes by the way.

you play out drev and jkr in phase 2? sounds real fun...

Yes I play Jedi Knight Revan in phase 2. I play Darth Revan in phase 3. And yes, it is fun.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Is the argument really that there are 3 teams that can solo p3 so we need to nerf one of the three because somehow that's going to make a difference... there will still be 2 teams capable of 30m+ lol

The biggest issue is Anakin/NS is full auto once it's set up. The 3PO team that can solo the phase will at least require you to sit there for one painful hour going through a very specific set of abilities to slowly get through it.

CG is fixing it. They've made that very clear. I don't know what the debate is for. JKA is going to get changed, or the NS are going to get changed. Either MT only gives TM out for NS specific debuffs resisted, or JKA will get changed to only take bonus turns when Jedi/Galactic Republic allies meet the criteria. It's almost certain that one of the two, if not both, will happen.

So your made because some people dont have to sit there for 60 minutes pressing the same button?

Full auto, straw that broke camels back, Interesting take seems petty since the result is exactly the same but apparently it makes a difference to some people

There's a big difference between scoring 50m (if that's the number, whatever the full phase is) by pressing one button and scoring 5-10m by playing the content. And by playing the content for much less than 60 minutes by the way.

Yes I play Jedi Knight Revan in phase 2. I play Darth Revan in phase 3. And yes, it is fun.

so no auto? phase would be done before I got a chance to use second team. I find it hard to believe you find playing out jkr in p2 fun, but to each their own
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

so no auto? phase would be done before I got a chance to use second team.

I don't use a second team in P2.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

so no auto? phase would be done before I got a chance to use second team.

I don't use a second team in P2.

where do you use drev?
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

?

sorry, missed that
    JDIII wrote: »
    @Gifafi I do now (for a couple weeks) since I seem to get about the same 5 mill.

it never dawned on me that resistance could get 5mil auto in p1 of hsth. I don't see how but ok
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Resistance Wanna Be Rey, 3PO, R2, Finndo Calrissian, and BB8 crank easy 5-7 mil phase 1. But you give up 3PO for Phase 3 CLS cheese. Never heard of autoing it, either. It’s just like CLS cheese, you have to actively manage and make sure Rey and 3PO are buffing Finndo.
  • Options
    In conclusion, it’s up to your guild leader to decide whether it is allowed or not.

But how can guild leader know what team you used to solo the raid? There's multiple teams that solo it...

What if guild leader says you can use the NS team but you cant auto it or that's the straw that breaks the camel's back...

Can we get an update that shows the guild leaders and officers who is using auto in raids so we can Identify these cheaters?

Ridiculous...
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    There are multiple teams soloing P3 of hSTR?

The only other one I'm aware of is the FBL one which supposedly takes forever. Regardless, if someone posts 50m of damage out of nowhere it's probably a pretty good clue to ask. And regardless again, good guilds will communicate this stuff.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Options

The only other one I'm aware of is the FBL one which supposedly takes forever. Regardless, if someone posts 50m of damage out of nowhere it's probably a pretty good clue to ask. And regardless again, good guilds will communicate this stuff.

Lets flip the script.

What benefit do you get if CG fixs this team?

Because this is really about you.

People complain in life about what they dont have.

And if I'm wrong, and you run this team in p3. Whats the problem?

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    G20 wrote: »

Lets flip the script.

What benefit do you get if CG fixs this team?

Because this is really about you.

People complain in life about what they dont have.

And if I'm wrong, and you run this team in p3. Whats the problem?

Fine.

None. No one in our guild uses it.

So no it's not really about me.

I'm not complaining about anything. I'm asking questions and disputing things people are saying.

I noticed you never responded to my last post. What's the problem?
  • Options
    Any official answer ?!! It’s been what .. months ???
  • Options
    It does punish people who gear up their characters. If someone dies what CG wants and gears initiate to twelve, they can no longer compete against others that leave their characters perpetually under geared. It’s doubtful that’s a trend CG would want to encourage as it will remove some of the gear pressure on players and reduce the need to spend.

I think the mistake CG made is not making the revive mechanic need geared characters. Mother T shouldn’t revive characters under gear 7 and have a longer wait between revives at lower gear levels. Something like a 6 turn wait at gear 7, but reduced by one until you get to the two turn wait at gear 11. This would encourage people to gear up characters, but still keeps the mechanic.

The solo is possible with higher geared initiates, but harder to get setup. It would make the team more skill based and require people to spend resources. Both things CG probably wants to see.
  • Options
    It does punish people who gear up their characters. If someone dies what CG wants and gears initiate to twelve, they can no longer compete against others that leave their characters perpetually under geared. It’s doubtful that’s a trend CG would want to encourage as it will remove some of the gear pressure on players and reduce the need to spend.

I think the mistake CG made is not making the revive mechanic need geared characters. Mother T shouldn’t revive characters under gear 7 and have a longer wait between revives at lower gear levels. Something like a 6 turn wait at gear 7, but reduced by one until you get to the two turn wait at gear 11. This would encourage people to gear up characters, but still keeps the mechanic.

The solo is possible with higher geared initiates, but harder to get setup. It would make the team more skill based and require people to spend resources. Both things CG probably wants to see.

IF they were to change it I bet they would just monetize the gear removal, like 2x the cost of the gear in Crystal's to remove it and when it is removed it is destroyed so gear cant be used again.

Then everyone can have a g7 initiate if they want and it fixed all paper strategies by leveling the playing field.
  • Options

Well if your Initiate is high gear and it's too hard to set up then just use the CLS squad if you're so eager to solo p3, where's the problem? If you geared up Initiate knowing that she's more useful at lower gears, then that's on you. If you had her at high gear even before deathstorm was found then that's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. The CLS solo works better with a low gear C3PO as well but I had mine at g12 before that team was found; just gotta deal with it. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but it is what it is. Gotta move on.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Hsith is old now, so not sure why it is a big deal. I just started using the team and it actually helps keep me competitive for gear. I would be all for simming the raids, but they give ridiculous gear for pit raid. Best I ever got was 14 mk 3 carbanti. If they gave a gold box to everyone, then we could talk.

Your argument amounts to the raid needing to be easy so you can get better rewards than other people who have better teams.

The Hsith raid is still very relevant as it is the end game raid with end game rewards. My guild banned the loops and we still get the raid down in under an hour so it is not a big deal.

The problem is consistency for CG and fixing the loop teams in phase 3 needs to be done in the spirit of consistency. They need more staff as a lot of stuff to fix and new content needed.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    Hsith is old now, so not sure why it is a big deal. I just started using the team and it actually helps keep me competitive for gear. I would be all for simming the raids, but they give ridiculous gear for pit raid. Best I ever got was 14 mk 3 carbanti. If they gave a gold box to everyone, then we could talk.

Your argument amounts to the raid needing to be easy so you can get better rewards than other people who have better teams.

The Hsith raid is still very relevant as it is the end game raid with end game rewards. My guild banned the loops and we still get the raid down in under an hour so it is not a big deal.

The problem is consistency for CG and fixing the loop teams in phase 3 needs to be done in the spirit of consistency. They need more staff as a lot of stuff to fix and new content needed.

If you understand the mechanics then you should understand that it is not a “loop”.

Nightsisters and Anakin is pretty much a loop. Not crazy gear or mod requirements, and solos the entire phase, which is far more than any other team with great mods and gear. They also said they will look into it once they got the geo tb out and Grand arena chanpionship going.
  • Options

If you understand the mechanics then you should understand that it is not a “loop”.

Nightsisters and Anakin is pretty much a loop. Not crazy gear or mod requirements, and solos the entire phase, which is far more than any other team with great mods and gear. They also said they will look into it once they got the geo tb out and Grand arena chanpionship going.

It's not a loop. Traya gains tm diring the topple and usually it takes a second topple to finish the phase. And if you don't pkay the end of the first topple correctly, anakin can easily die or become isolated making the rest of the run extremely difficult or impossible.

Yes the team takes a lot of turns and can be put on auto for short periods of time. But that doesn't make it broken or worse than other teams.

In fact, I woukd argue that the fact that they can di more damage than other higher geared teams, make them a better team at least for the raid.

And the problem with a fix is you pretty much have to remove any tm gain mechanics that involves placing or failing to place debuffs. Otherwise another cheese team will just replace the one they nerf. And that still wouldn't solve the so called paper initiate issue.

The only way to do that is to completely rework/nerf ns since the way their kits work, they get bonuses if a weak character dies. And to be honest, it just isn't worth it at this point to nerf sever teams/mechanics for a raid many guilds have on farm that gives you a character that is no longer meta.
  • Options

Everything you just said was wrong. I never said the raid needs to be easier. It is old. GAC, GEO TB are the new shiny. They can't even get GAC, or any event that is released right, the first time. Since Traya does gain TM during a topple, it is NOT an infinity loop. That would mean Traya does NOT gain TM at all and my characters just pound away. My use of the team to stay competitive has more to do with phase 2 coming and going within 20 minutes during the night, while I am asleep. Since my guild has made no comments on me doing so, I am well within our rules. If it is a prohibited team, and you beat the raid in an hour, not seeing the point of you needing it to be reworked.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Double post for some reason*
    Post edited by Mzee on
  • Options
    CG and a lot of guilds would disagree. Its a cheese loop. Earn your rewards.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205597/nightsister-anakin-p3-loop-team
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

It's not a loop. Traya gains tm diring the topple and usually it takes a second topple to finish the phase. And if you don't pkay the end of the first topple correctly, anakin can easily die or become isolated making the rest of the run extremely difficult or impossible.

Yes the team takes a lot of turns and can be put on auto for short periods of time. But that doesn't make it broken or worse than other teams.

In fact, I woukd argue that the fact that they can di more damage than other higher geared teams, make them a better team at least for the raid.

And the problem with a fix is you pretty much have to remove any tm gain mechanics that involves placing or failing to place debuffs. Otherwise another cheese team will just replace the one they nerf. And that still wouldn't solve the so called paper initiate issue.

The only way to do that is to completely rework/nerf ns since the way their kits work, they get bonuses if a weak character dies. And to be honest, it just isn't worth it at this point to nerf sever teams/mechanics for a raid many guilds have on farm that gives you a character that is no longer meta.

Nightsisters is designed to be a loop team, yes, but it still a loop team. Without Anakin it is a partial loop, and pretty much a full loop with Anakin. They should in my opinion change how Anakin interacts with nightsisters, but it is up to the devs to decide if and how they want to 'fix' it. Even CG called it a 'loop,' which goes against the spirit of the game by how they described it.

Everything you just said was wrong. I never said the raid needs to be easier. It is old. GAC, GEO TB are the new shiny. They can't even get GAC, or any event that is released right, the first time. Since Traya does gain TM during a topple, it is NOT an infinity loop. That would mean Traya does NOT gain TM at all and my characters just pound away. My use of the team to stay competitive has more to do with phase 2 coming and going within 20 minutes during the night, while I am asleep. Since my guild has made no comments on me doing so, I am well within our rules. If it is a prohibited team, and you beat the raid in an hour, not seeing the point of you needing it to be reworked.

The raid has been out for a long time, but still end game content with end-game rewards. Highest tier raid, and gives gear 12, and 12+ pieces/salvage. This makes the raid just as relevant as ever, and the loop team makes the raid easier. I get it that this allows you to compete with those in your guild who are able to participate in phase 2 and therefore rack up higher scores, but this still means you do less work regardless if you are available for phase 2 or not. Indeed, it is up to your guild on whether this team is allowed or not. Some guilds allow it and some don't. I know TI doesn't even allow Nightsisters at all in Phase 3. My guild only allows nightsisters without Anakin.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    It’s NOT a loop

It definitely IS a loop, you just have to be setup right for it to work. Whether or not it’s “infinite” is RNG, but CG doesn’t care about the distinction.