Content

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited July 2019
(Another complaint thread?)

We need more content. By that, I mean something fresh and new.

Over the past quarter we got the Geo TB which is nice but it's just a reskinned Hoth TB with only a few new characters and with overly boosted stats. Plus our last TB is 2 years old so this had 2 years of time and only introduced a few new characters.

GAC is just GA with more issues

However we did get Geo Brood (amazingly accessible and fun) and "Shark Tea" who is inaccessible without money.

The Negotiator is a new capital ship that wont be accessible to whales for months upon months.

We need more stuff and something that is new with new mechanics. The Acklay mini raid was supposed to be new but with pre reworked Geos you couldn't get passed the protection at g12. So you definitely need to have a G13 Geo squad.

Yes this is a "complaint" thread because that's what they call criticism nowadays but this game needs something actually new and not reskinned for it to bring in more players

Hopefully Carrie's replacement is more suited for this position and makes SWGOH popular again because I dont want to see this game die.
Post edited by SemiGod on

Replies

• Options
    Wow.

Literally names 4 brand new content pieces (Geo TB, Negotiator, Characters, GAC)

"I don't like this new content, I need more stuff and it has to be completely original."
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Wow.

Literally names 4 brand new content pieces (Geo TB, Negotiator, Characters, GAC)

"I don't like this new content, I need more stuff and it has to be completely original."

First why you separate Negotiotor from other characters.
    Second, how is new toons are “new content”? You are doing the same stuff
  • Mousie
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Wow.

The geo tb is new. The rest is maintence care. I think what hes referring to are more things like, say a mythic rancor or haat, or all new raid. A ship raid. Most importantly content to revive old toons to reward the dolphins and sharks and not just whales who invested in charecters who have no relevance now. GAC doesn't count as the rewards are butchered compared to raids and tb.
  • Options
    Any new TB is going to be a “reskin” of Hoth TB because that’s how the TBs work. If it works differently then it won’t be a TB.
  • Options
    Mousie wrote: »
    Wow.

The geo tb is new. The rest is maintence care. I think what hes referring to are more things like, say a mythic rancor or haat, or all new raid. A ship raid. Most importantly content to revive old toons to reward the dolphins and sharks and not just whales who invested in charecters who have no relevance now. GAC doesn't count as the rewards are butchered compared to raids and tb.

A "mythic" rancor or haat would be a "reskin" of existing content though, which he doesn't like. In fact anything that would revive old content is just "reskinning" old content. He specifically said "This game needs something new and not reskinned to bring in more players" - although this logic is incredibly flawed because for any New player - every raid, TB, arena anything is all new to them. New content might bring back old players but it will do next to nothing to bring in new players.

For OP, what is something "fresh and new" that you even Want to see in the game?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Mousie wrote: »
    Wow.

A "mythic" rancor or haat would be a "reskin" of existing content though, which he doesn't like. In fact anything that would revive old content is just "reskinning" old content. He specifically said "This game needs something new and not reskinned to bring in more players" - although this logic is incredibly flawed because for any New player - every raid, TB, arena anything is all new to them. New content might bring back old players but it will do next to nothing to bring in new players.

For OP, what is something "fresh and new" that you even Want to see in the game?

New raids, new characters, new bosses, ect.

A mythic HAAT and Rancor would be great as long as it isnt a rancor or AAT with a difference skin having the exact same kit with stats boosted.

A character getting reworked is new content if they get a new kit or abilities. And not just having the text reworded.

The new things in TB are, the Skin, vulture droids, rocket trooper, acklay and the clone sniper. Most of the rest is just a characters kit (jolee) getting reskinned into a different faction (clone medic) who gains +1000% tenacity.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Wow.

Negotiator is brand new content we cant access for months and months so technically its not content because we can't access it.

Character are new content which I said but I guess don't read.

GAC is literally just grand arena which we have had for months with challenges and a global leaderboards.

Geo TB is new and has the Acklay, vulture droids, rocket trooper and like a clone sniper. But you took it the wrong way
  • Options
    Wow.

Yes that is exactly what he is saying genius lmao. Let me break it down since u clearly didn’t understand the point. This game has made nearly 100 million dollars a year for at least 3 years consecutively. The game is based of one of the most diverse known universes (literally) ever created. There is no actual new content. For sake of debate let’s say that geo TB is new content. We can disregard the fact it is an old game mode just Tuned to encourage g13 grinding. Capital games has access to create content for a franchise considered by many to be priceless in terms of earning potential. Our “new” content has been reformulated game modes like grand arena and TB (all they did was add ranks and add a new map.. it took years) . There are no new methods to unlock characters through story driven missions (don’t tell me padme chatting for 4 sentences counts, you’re outside your mind if u feel that way), there are no new actual game modes, there is no new formula to unlock characters aside from two galactic chases for ships that ultimately have little impact. The value of our dollar in this game has been seriously diminished to a point that we don’t even spend to gain new abilities, modes, story, missions or anything for that matter. The income this game receives has not impacted the quality of the product we receive. Hell we don’t even get a random scenario based battle to play once a month to break up the monotony. That is the base line. Let’s take fully developed AAA console games for example (take tremendously more time and effort to create). $20 gets u usually between 15-20 hours of BRAND NEW NEVER EXPERIENCED content. This game has spending upwards of THREE HUNDRED dollars for a chance to use a character 3 months before someone else. Yes, I’m aware no one forces u to spend. To reiterate my point and his, characters and ships have been the foundation of this game since day one, so that is expected new content and shouldn’t be counted. One raid every 2 years and one game mode every two years is not acceptable for a game that demands large amounts of cash for marginal amount of return. A truly “new game mode” would be beast hunts, rotating challenge missions more than once a year, RAIDS RAIDS RAIDS, ships raids, scenario battles, sandbox mode, battle vs friends, ancient Jedi/sith battles, boards (not phases we have that) that are challenging and end in a character unlock once beaten, boards that force different preset teams to beat each individual mission, personal raids, heck even battles to unlock skins that Lucas films deemed acceptable ... need I beat the dead horse more? I can name at least 10 more. That would be new content for those confused. Rant over :)
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    There has been plenty of new content and new characters added lately, just because it's not what you may want as an individual does not detract from the fact there is a profusion of new content compared to when I started the game.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Believe it or not, some people want them to back off new content so they can get 'caught up'. Most of the development is building toward more content and diversity of modes within the game. Whether the level of new change matches your definition will get you into all kinds of conversation, which is exactly what the forums are for. :D Thanks for sticking with us for three years. We have come a VERY long way since launch (addition of guilds, raids, TB, TW, GA, chat, etc.). They know we still want a sandbox.... I encourage you to look through the specific feedback channels and add to those threads; the devs do look at these forums.
    Feedback (LINK)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    I would also like to add that I personally don’t blame the devs. They are probably under staffed and over worked as it is. It would just align with common sense that once this game had its 1st 100 million dollar year the team would grow vastly and production would ramp up. Many of the ideas I stated could be very well tuned to help players grind the people they love and take away from pvp that not everyone seems to be enjoying to the same degree. Example: I love bounty hunters, give us mode that allows me to take my bounty hunters or any faction for that matter to unlock new skins for one each time it comes around. Bam new game mode applicable to every faction in game! no paywall behind and literally endless cycles that seem fresh every single time. if tuned to be playable by new and old players alike that’s more along the lines of “new” content compared to revamped content. I like both types and we need both types to help cater to more audiences and GPs
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    You were given Shaak Ti for free. She's usable at low stars. I've got a friend who's doing great things in GA with her 3* G11 zzShaak Ti and G12 clones.
    Still not a he.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Ckingera wrote: »
    I would also like to add that I personally don’t blame the devs. They are probably under staffed and over worked as it is. It would just align with common sense that once this game had its 1st 100 million dollar year the team would grow vastly and production would ramp up. Many of the ideas I stated could be very well tuned to help players grind the people they love and take away from pvp that not everyone seems to be enjoying to the same degree. Example: I love bounty hunters, give us mode that allows me to take my bounty hunters or any faction for that matter to unlock new skins for one each time it comes around. Bam new game mode applicable to every faction in game! no paywall behind and literally endless cycles that seem fresh every single time. if tuned to be playable by new and old players alike that’s more along the lines of “new” content compared to revamped content. I like both types and we need both types to help cater to more audiences and GPs

Yeah I'm 99% sure these guys are understaffed. I think EA would be to blame because they would probably cut costs
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    There has been plenty of new content and new characters added lately, just because it's not what you may want as an individual does not detract from the fact there is a profusion of new content compared to when I started the game.

I like the content that's not my point. This company annually brings in over $100 million dollars and this is all we got for this quarter.
  • Options
    Believe it or not, some people want them to back off new content so they can get 'caught up'. Most of the development is building toward more content and diversity of modes within the game. Whether the level of new change matches your definition will get you into all kinds of conversation, which is exactly what the forums are for. :D Thanks for sticking with us for three years. We have come a VERY long way since launch (addition of guilds, raids, TB, TW, GA, chat, etc.). They know we still want a sandbox.... I encourage you to look through the specific feedback channels and add to those threads; the devs do look at these forums.
    Feedback (LINK)

I'm caught up. I've actually been charting the number of shards needed to take all characters and ships to 7*. Since the beginning of November the number has dwindled from just under 5000 to about 500 (I'm not including Negotiator or Shaak Ti as neither is currently farmable in a meaningful way, but that would make it about 1100).

I am a VERY light spender (I bought that $10 gear pack twice), so it's kind of a bad sign that someone who doesn't spend money is running out of things to collect in a game about collecting things. Based on the trend, I will only have Emperor's Shuttle and presumably Shaak Ti left on August 31st.

There's also the concurrent issue that there's nothing to do with some of the new content. I farmed Sith Fighter, B-28 Bomber, etc. and the only thing I can do is put them in platoons; there aren't enough capital ships to use them in TW and they are largely ineffective in any existing team compositions. I guess the pictures are pretty to look at.