Ideas for Skins

I wanted throw out a few ideas for easy to implement skins. There seems to be a bit of buzz around this concept lately with some of the Youtubers. And who knows, maybe the new to-be-determined Lead Producer might have some passion around this (or not). I think all these are pretty easy to implement and don’t break the spirit of the current characters they’d be a part of… i.e. they’re weapons don’t need to fundamentally change and their abilities are still consistent with their given timelines.

Commander Luke Skywalker (Dagobah variant) - Literally just take the jacket off and dirty him up. As an added bonus, when ever he (in this variant) is on the same team as hermit yoda, we get a cut screen where he walks up with Yoda in his backpack! I’d pay $19.99 for this at a minimum!
Scavenger Rey (Rebel Helmet variant) – The helmet she puts on while eating dinner during the first act of TFA.
Count Dooku (Pajama variant) – BF2 already has this and it would be awesome to battle in some PJs and slippers
Ezra Bridger (Imperial Cadet variant) – he’s got the arc where he becomes a recruit in the Imperial Academy. He uses that helmet a few times I believe
Maul (multi variants) – This would actually be a new character from the Star Wars Rebels timeframe. You could have spider legs, normal robot legs, Tatooine desert robes, etc… so much to work with here.
Unmasked Kylo (shirtless variant) – ‘nuff said
Jyn Erso (Imperial variant) – the helmet and uniform from when she infiltrated Scarif
Cassian Andor (Imperial variant) – the uniform from when he infiltrated Scarif
Enfys Nest (Unmasked variant) – who doesn’t like a ginger???
Qi’ra (Corellia variant) – There’s actually a ton of options for Qi’ra and Young Han from the Solo movie
Young Han (Corellia variant) – see above

I’m sure there’s a ton more too. I think there are a ton of folks willing to drop a few bucks to spruce up some of these characters and give them some flair. I certainly would.

Replies

• Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Why make skins when they can make 4 copies of the same character. @HanSolo
  • Emguy wrote: »
    Why make skins when they can make 4 copies of the same character. @HanSolo

No rework of abilities, uniques, or attack animations. Minimal testing required compared to a brand new kit.

I’d be willing to bet they have a lot of these designs fully or partially built out already too.

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Who wants to try to keep track of different skins on five different Hans? Not this guy.
  • Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    I find skins to be an incredibly dull ‘achievement’

If it doesn’t help us why bother?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Hantal86 wrote: »

Better achievement than the portraits, but I get your point.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Skins do provide a neat opportunity. For example, I wouldn't mind Raid Han having the Bespin outfit from the Legendary Chewbacca kit since it is the same kit.

Actually, that just gave me an interesting idea. Players have been asking for the ability to repeat Legendary/Journey events. They could create a replay event that allows you to do it and your reward is a different skin (in most cases) or portrait.

Grand Master Yoda - Hooded Yoda Outfit
    Emperor Palpatine - Unlocks Sheev "The Senate" skin
    Grand Admiral Thrawn - Thrawn in either workout gear or Ground Assault
    R2-D2/BB8 - Give them battle damage skins or skin where all their gadgets/gizmos are out
    C3PO - Would we recognize him with a red arm?
    Commander Luke Skywalker - Flight suit outfit
    Rey Jedi Training - Her Force Awakens outfit with lightsaber

And for kicks and giggles:
    Raid Han - Bespin Han
    General Kenobi - Battle-worn outfit
    Darth Traya - Kreia outfit with vibroblade
  • This idea in relation to this game is completely ****. No offense.
  • Grimstoned wrote: »
    This idea in relation to this game is completely ****. No offense.

So’s your face. No offense.

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    Skins do provide a neat opportunity. For example, I wouldn't mind Raid Han having the Bespin outfit from the Legendary Chewbacca kit since it is the same kit.

Actually, that just gave me an interesting idea. Players have been asking for the ability to repeat Legendary/Journey events. They could create a replay event that allows you to do it and your reward is a different skin (in most cases) or portrait.

Grand Master Yoda - Hooded Yoda Outfit
    Emperor Palpatine - Unlocks Sheev "The Senate" skin
    Grand Admiral Thrawn - Thrawn in either workout gear or Ground Assault
    R2-D2/BB8 - Give them battle damage skins or skin where all their gadgets/gizmos are out
    C3PO - Would we recognize him with a red arm?
    Commander Luke Skywalker - Flight suit outfit
    Rey Jedi Training - Her Force Awakens outfit with lightsaber

And for kicks and giggles:
    Raid Han - Bespin Han
    General Kenobi - Battle-worn outfit
    Darth Traya - Kreia outfit with vibroblade

Except I think sheev palpatine is going to be a new character
  • Grimstoned wrote: »
    This idea in relation to this game is completely ****. No offense.

Why?
  • This is an insane idea. Why give CG something else they could use to take our money away, money that could be used on better characters by the way...which most people would prefer to buy over skins.
  • Hantal86 wrote: »

In the form of challenges that rotate and have presets requirements and varying difficulty, this idea has potential. It could run once a week and go for 4 years with how many toons we have. It’s something new and can encourage people to take a break from meta chasing and grind who they love in the series
  • Skins could also give minimal stat boosts or extra simple synergies or something:

Dagobah Luke (CLS) Gains turn meter when Hoda takes a turn.

Storntrooper Luke (Farmboy): Bonus Health and Protection.
  • Just ideas btw