Tie breakers

Lothien
6 posts Member
edited July 2019
Yeah tie brakers are awesome!! Especially when your opponent has 1-2 mil gp more than you 😂
Post edited by Lothien on

Replies

• It's not based on total GP anymore.
  • It's not based on total GP anymore.

I just received my loss notification which stated that even though my opponent and I tied, I lost based on total GP. So, yeah ties are still going to the player with the higher GP.
  • It absolutely is based on matchmaking Gp.
  • Jynx21
    23 posts Member
    Good to know, because I had a Tie and more Overall GP. Matchmaking GP was 1.1Mil on both of us, seems I lost to a few thousand GP.
  • Jynx21 wrote: »
    Good to know, because I had a Tie and more Overall GP. Matchmaking GP was 1.1Mil on both of us, seems I lost to a few thousand GP.

It’s probably hard to see who actually had more MM GP because you’ll always see a real-time number on GP.

That being said, it would be a lot nicer if they would just have a coin flip to decide ties.
  • Basing on MM GP is terrible. They just told us we can work on the bottom end of our collection because of the modified matchmaking but now we can’t because we need to make sure our top end is as high as possible so we can win ties. There is no way of even know who has the higher MM GP. So you can’t even know how to play when it’s close. Honestly it would be fairer to award ties to the lower GP because the lower GP player is working with less.
  • I think strategising on how to develop your roster to ensure you win ties is unwise.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Werlen wrote: »
    Basing on MM GP is terrible. They just told us we can work on the bottom end of our collection because of the modified matchmaking but now we can’t because we need to make sure our top end is as high as possible so we can win ties. There is no way of even know who has the higher MM GP. So you can’t even know how to play when it’s close. Honestly it would be fairer to award ties to the lower GP because the lower GP player is working with less.

There's nothing you can do to game the matchmaking GP because it's going to be so close as to be effectively a coin flip, which is the point. Making sure your top end is as high as possible isn't going to help you win ties.
  • So I'm a bit confused. Is it your total gp or your deployed gp. Because I had a good 200k total gp on my opponent, tied, and lost based on gp.
  • It’s the matchmaking GP. That’s your top X toons, where X is number of defence slots you had to fill x 10.

If we apply logic, the fact that there are so many matches between players with huge differences in total character GP should make it pretty obvious that this is not how ties are settled.