Good Enough?

drbloor
13 posts Member
I'm still a way off getting B1 off the ground so have AV instead in a GG droid line up. Should this get 7*?

lt0o247mu8dq.png

Replies

• cboath7
    459 posts Member
    If that isn't enough, the event is complete and utter ****.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    You'll be fine.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Maybe, but I question that Grievous. Place a couple medpacs and you'll probably be fine, but he needs that G12 HP.
    cboath7 wrote: »
    Raw investment is not what gets you there. It's investment in the right things in the right places. Which includes things like understanding when Grievous starts coming online.
    Still not a he.
  • cboath7
    459 posts Member
    I'd still stand by the comment. if a full G12, nearly full zeta'd team isn't going to do it without the perfect strategy, it's a terrible event. Doing that effectively eliminates a large portion of they player base from getting there.Everyone doesn't have the resources to push that team that high, nor the time. To get that far and have to do it 'just right' is simply wrong. If that's what they've done...

Just to get his GG a big further requires being in an HSTR guild at the very least which not everyone is in. I'd wager much less than 1/3 the player base is in one.

• drbloor
    13 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Maybe, but I question that Grievous. Place a couple medpacs and you'll probably be fine, but he needs that G12 HP.
    Raw investment is not what gets you there. It's investment in the right things in the right places. Which includes things like understanding when Grievous starts coming online.

Thanks - I've been stockpiling the G12 gear to see where the weak points might be. After the Chewie event I take nothing for granted.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    Just to get his GG a big further requires being in an HSTR guild at the very least which not everyone is in. I'd wager much less than 1/3 the player base is in one.

Not anymore. That stuff is all farmable now isn't it?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I'd still stand by the comment. if a full G12, nearly full zeta'd team isn't going to do it without the perfect strategy, it's a terrible event. Doing that effectively eliminates a large portion of they player base from getting there.Everyone doesn't have the resources to push that team that high, nor the time. To get that far and have to do it 'just right' is simply wrong. If that's what they've done...

1) Being in an hSTR guild is a very low bar these days. If you're reasonably considering going for Padme, you can get into an hSTR guild literally within the day.

2) No, you don't. G12+ gear was added to the shard shop, and to fleet nodes, and to the GET store, and to the GAC store. There are multiple vectors for getting that gear.

3) Strategy still matters, not just raw, blind investment. Having to think about the event is not a failure of design.
    drbloor wrote: »
    Thanks - I've been stockpiling the G12 gear to see where the weak points might be. After the Chewie event I take nothing for granted.
    Thing about Grievous is he's kind of a Magikarp. Until his HP really gets up there, he's not very good.

Maxed Grievous' max HP is 58863. Right now, yours is at 19913 before mods, and until he hits G13, that's all that %health mods will apply to.

Generally, you want to get Grievous at least into the 50k range for him to come online.

Right now, if you put four 6-pip health primaries, you'd get 12744 HP, getting you up to 32657 before secondaries. You'd probably need the two medpacs on the left and maybe one of the right side pieces to hit 50k.

At G13, those primaries alone would net you another 37672, more HP than your current Grievous is likely to even have. And with secondaries, it's not hard to top 100k, which is kinda the benchmark for a serious Grievous. It's to a point where I'd have more confidence in your lineup if it was all G10, no zetas with a G13 Grievous and his unique zeta. It's the most transformative finisher in the game.

Which is not saying you're not ready. It's just your Grievous may not be where he needs to be to really get going yet.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
  • I agree with YaeVizsla. My guild is not in hSTR and I was able to farm Grevious to G12+5 using the farms he mentioned in point 2.
  • I'll confirm my original statement. The OP should get it easy with that line up.

I got it today with G12 zGG, G12 AV, G10 Dooku, G10 Nute G9 B2, took about 30 minutes for the rng to fall my way. Would have taken me 15 or less with 5 G12s and 6 zeta's.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    I'll confirm my original statement. The OP should get it easy with that line up.

I got it today with G12 zGG, G12 AV, G10 Dooku, G10 Nute G9 B2, took about 30 minutes for the rng to fall my way. Would have taken me 15 or less with 5 G12s and 6 zeta's.

h3ujt0wr9s85.jpg

My GG has 55k health and 45k protection, 204 speed. He basically solo'd the event