Arena shards

What does it take to get moved into a new arena shard? At 3.2m gp i'm in a shard where everyone is over 1m higher gp. I've made it to top 200 1 time as it takes full effort to stay top 500. I see people with higher gp and weaker teams sitting top 100, so why am I in such an inflated shard?

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Reding91 wrote: »
    What does it take to get moved into a new arena shard? At 3.2m gp i'm in a shard where everyone is over 1m higher gp. I've made it to top 200 1 time as it takes full effort to stay top 500. I see people with higher gp and weaker teams sitting top 100, so why am I in such an inflated shard?

You cannot move shards. Everyone on a shard starts around the same time.

If you took a break at any point you'll fall behind. Also, your opponents spend more time or money on the game than yourself, leading to the large GP difference.
  • I haven't taken a break. But basically what you're saying is I ended up being super unlucky and got a shard with the most money spenders where some people are over 5m gp.
  • Also just checked, the #2 guy in my shard joined almost a full year before i started the game.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Also just checked, the #2 guy in my shard joined almost a full year before i started the game.

how do you mean he joined almost a full year before you started the game... he joined what?
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    That simply cannot be true. What do you mean by you "checked"? How? Either you've taken a year out, or he sat at level 27 (I think your shard is assigned at 28) for a year.

Ignore the total GP. In squad arena only one thing matters, your arena team (and their mods obviously). Those with more GP could also be carrying a lot of fluff in their rosters.

If this is you: https://swgoh.gg/p/911278523/ I'd adjust your team. You don't want Traya on the same squad as DR. She cleanses his Ferocity, and if he isn't in the lead slot it only gains a limited amount of it. I'd try DR, Badstilla, HK, Mother Talzin and NS zombie from what you have geared. Or GMY and Thrawn as 4th and 5th.
  • Reding91
    23 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    That is me, and i'm only running that team because it's fun against JKR. Traya gets killed anyway and then the constant debuffs give turn meter. I stay around 3-400 anyway even if i run JKR. The mirror matchups have just become annoying.

And I was checking the swgoh accounts, which I just realized aren't accurate.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    That is me, and i'm only running that team because it's fun against JKR. Traya gets killed anyway and then the constant debuffs give turn meter. I stay around 3-400 anyway even if i run JKR. The mirror matchups have just become annoying.

That's fair enough, no one can begrudge you for using a team you enjoy playing with. Clever using her to take the hit from Direct Focus. I suppose the cleanse is a non-issue after that.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

That date is when they joined gg.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

^^^^ that right there, they all joined your shard around the same time as you did. they have concentrated on mods + gearing the right team plus the fact that most if not all of them will be part of an arena chat which helps
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

^^^^ that right there, they all joined your shard around the same time as you did. they have concentrated on mods + gearing the right team plus the fact that most if not all of them will be part of an arena chat which helps

What is an arena chat?
  • srfen74
    21 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    [/quote]

What is an arena chat?
    [/quote]

Its where people on the same shard organize payouts and make sure no one hits someone who is close to theirs. Makes getting 1st every day much easier. Unless you are consistently top 50 I wouldn't bother trying to join unless you just want to get to know the players.

You can put out a call in the forums for players, just use their in game names and see if anyone responds. Took me a couple of days when I tried to find my shard mates.