First ships

Hi guys!
I just reach lv 60 and i am wondering if its worth to farm Ghost and Phantom as my first ships. I am just asking because anyway i have the crew and they seem to be a easy farm from ship arena store. Ty for your opinions.

Replies

• Yes, those are both good ships. You should also farm Biggs’ x-wing, and when you can the four bounty hunter ships.
  • I would put an emphasis on DarkSide ships early on.

You'll need at least 5 of them to unlock the Zeta Mats challenge with Executrix.

That is also why I would focus on Ex as your primary capital ship.

I would suggest the following as your "starting ship farms".

G-War Store:
    Imperial TIE Fighter
    First Order TIE Fighter
    Biggs X-Wing

Fleet Store: (Always keep 1k built up for TAx1/Slave spawns that are rare 15%, over 1K buy Ghost/Phantom)
    TIE Advanced x1
    Slave-1
    Ghost
    Phantom II

Cantina Battles: (Farm this Node ASAP as its a great way to get a single ship up & powerful quickly.)
    TIE Silencer

I'd also dump all that starting funds you get into the DS ships to get TIE Fighter & TIE Silencer up & running at L60 ASAP with Executrix.

If you focus only on those 8 ships then by the time you hit 78 you should be close to unlocking TIEx1 & Slave-1 & have a solid shot at opening Zeta's at that time.

• UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I would put an emphasis on DarkSide ships early on.

Fleet Store: (Always keep 1k built up for TAx1/Slave/General Grievous spawns that are rare 15%, over 1K buy Ghost/Phantom)
    General Grievous
    TIE Advanced x1
    Slave-1
    Ghost
    Phantom II

Just sayin.... ;-)
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • While GG is certainly useful (needed).

OP was asking about Ships.

I'd wait till you get the actual Ships needed up & going at 5+ stars before I start devoting coins to GG.

At L60, like the OP, its not like your going to need him for TW/GA/Geonosis.

That said, I agree, him & FOTP are the 2 characters that I actually farm from Fleet store because of his rarity & FOTP's long farm nodes in LS/DS.

• Nobody representing the separatist ships here? It seems to me the Geonosians and their ships are well worth the effort for a new player these days.

The geonosian ship trio work exceptionally well on their own already. Then there is the Malevolence coming up, potentially making the separatist fleet the new meta.

And then there is the Geonosian toons themselves. Before many people didn't want to spend resources on them just for the ships, but now with Brood Alpha, the Geonosian team is well worth developing even without considering the ships.
  • While GG is certainly useful (needed).

OP was asking about Ships.

I'd wait till you get the actual Ships needed up & going at 5+ stars before I start devoting coins to GG.

At L60, like the OP, its not like your going to need him for TW/GA/Geonosis.

That said, I agree, him & FOTP are the 2 characters that I actually farm from Fleet store because of his rarity & FOTP's long farm nodes in LS/DS.

I absolutely agree he doesn't need GG right now. But if you're not farming him as you go from the fleet store, you're in for a baaaaad time when you decide you do need him later is all (Worse than Logray imo). His Cap Ship isn't available yet, but you can bet it soon will be.

Sep ships are pretty good these days. They used to be rather firmly mid-tier, but...
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • I think the only problem with GEO ships right at L60 is the character farms as well.

I totally agree they are worth getting as characters now, but, I also think that w/o Alpha the characters are lackluster. (Its like NS w/o Zombie or Jedi w/o Bastila)

Alpha isn't farmable at L60.
    So your stuck farming for stuff that gets you no immediate usage & in turn is taking away from the farms for early events.

At L60 your likely knee deep into unlocking Vader, & Tarkin comes free then too.

You're also well into Phoenix & looking to 5* the Emperor & Thrawn ASAP.

So with 4 Empire characters all coming into their own the TFP farm fits right in with getting R2, not to mention his AE works wonders v/s R2's stealth cloud.

Meanwhile, Silencer is still the best option to have a powerful ship up & ready right at L60 when you open fleet so there is no getting around that.

Given the characters that are farmable PRE-L80's its really hard not to have your first 5 teams all run the same.

Phoenix + Scoundrels (BH) + Empire + Jedi + First Order.

Every one of those teams is able to be farmed early for most members & maybe pick up a final piece in your 70's but no of them have anyone that you can't even start till 80+.

So as good as GEO characters have become & as nice as the ships have always been w/ their mass assists, I'm still not convinced that its a good first option right out the gate at L60 when you are looking at developing your roster as a whole towards 85.
  • Ship issue, yes the priority is the ships on the dark side. First thing is to do it in an organized manner. I don't know what your overall plan is so I will speak in generic terms.

After Hera and Erza's farm in the canteen, go after the unmasked Kylo and his ship.

In the galactic war store will be the point where you should develop the ships. There are 6 characters that I suggest you leave them 7 stars without delay which are Zeb, Cad, Biggs, Luminara, Phasma and Magnatrooper). Of the 6, the first 3 are top priority in that order.

Luminara despite being a weak Jedi, she can help bring in GMY and if you're already building a Bastila team she can be useful until you can afford a better Jedi. (including speeding up the farm of the geonosians and their ships)

Same goes for Phasma and Magnatrooper, they are weak in their factions, but can help bring in R2D2 and BB8 so have flexibility depending on the calendar if you need a fifth 7 star member to complete the events.

Poggle is part of the geonosian util time but needs alpha and can be obtained from the same IG 2000 farm point, so yes I recommend you skip it at the GW store

That said, focus on getting the Biggs ship and then the Geonosian ships, after that the Wedge Ship.

There are ships that rarely appear in the shop which are the republic, sun fac and the resistance x wing. Once you have obtained the 7 characters and recommended ships, give preference to buying one of these ships.

At the Ship store, you are correct to pick up the Phoenix ships. Once you reach level 85, accelerate Darth Vader to the seventh star and then start buying Slave 1 as recommended.

In the energy of the ships focus on the bastille farm, the sun fac ship and the slave.

And as soon as the yellow energy locations allow it, don't waste your time and go after Bossk and Hounds.
  • Kluski
    68 posts Member
    If I remember right, you need Phoenix ships to get Home One 7*, which is needed for Chimaera 7*.
  • You just need ANY LS ships for Home One.

But you need REBEL ships for CHIMERA. (Ghost + Phantom + Minimum of 1 Other)

Because they are all "rare/uncommon" spawns in the fleet store (15-33%), I normally say be farming Ghost, Phantom, TAx1, & Slave-1 all at the same time as soon as you hit L60.

Between the 4 of them you'll basically be using up most of your fleet energy each day & bank a little for the times when 3 of the 4 spawn at the same time.

Use the Green/GWS Currency to be farming the TIE or GEO + Biggs ships.