New mods vs slicing mats

When, in your opinion, should I farm one over the other? Or is it more economical to farm new mats rather than slicing mats to gold? Or the other way around, is it more economical to farm slicing mats over new mods?

Replies

• My thoughts are roughly 50/50 on that question. Personally, I have been starting at the bottom, selling off what doesn't have speed secondaries and have been taking the fastest E mods and slicing them. A couple have gone from 5 to 9, so now that E mods are sliced, working on D mods. The way I look at it, 25% to roll speed if it is a secondary. What are the odds of farming a mod that will shine? I don't know that. It is a gamble.
  • Is it worth it to spend the credits on E mods? I feel like they’ll always be sub par, comparatively.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Is it worth it to spend the credits on E mods? I feel like they’ll always be sub par, comparatively.

Grey and gold mods have the same potential, grey mods only require more resources.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Is it worth it to spend the credits on E mods? I feel like they’ll always be sub par, comparatively.
    They have the potential to reach the same stats as a gold mod but they will always take more investment to do so. Mod development however is an exercise in volume and there are far more greys than golds.

Early on, just sell them. Exceptions for 4-/5-dot arrows with speed primary, crit damage triangles and possibly other rarer & desirable crosses/triangles.

As you start finding yourself less crunched on credits it's worth knowing that you can level a grey mod up to 3 to unveil one secondary and still sell it for a slight profit.

Later when you have excess credits you may choose to speculate on grey mods and occasionally one will turn out to be a hidden gem.