Mephisto_style
5724 posts Member
edited July 2019
Genosians defending in TW
Genosians defending in GA.
tuah95lz8ksd.png
Guess who did the successful defending
ma4ntvrdxcwx.png

Yes, there are some teams that can beat Genosians. But those are teams you likely want to use for other counters. Right now I am seeing Genosians with a lot of defense wins. While the GP from Jawa isn't our preferred spending on GP, it probably is the cheapest effective counter to Geos. Jawa Engineer is the only 1 that is slightly challenging to 7*.

Summation: People had been saying at least there is 1 reason now to have some GP in Jawa, but really there are 2. Geos are defending well in 2 parts of the game, and hilariously there are guilds currently losing TW because of a handful of Geo teams racking up 10-20 defenses when if only those guilds had a handful of Jawa teams it wouldn't be am issue.

And there is 1 really big bonus: it is a team that would require 0 of your speed (type, primary, or secondary) mods and a great opportunity to use all of your critical avoidance arrows.
Post edited by Mephisto_style on

Replies

• It's just not a good use of resources. Investing in 1 team because it is a counter to only 1 other team is not a good strategy.

I'm at just under 4mil GP and have seen Geos on defense 0 times in GA. If I had built up my jawas, they would have gone to waste every time.
  • Athen_Greeco
    142 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I counter this — there are zero (0) reasons to farm Jawas

1. Opponents in GA will check your roster and if you have Jawas, GEOs become Offense
    2. That leaves TW where the same thing can happen on swgoh.gg data review
    3. There are higher priorities and Jawas only work if your opponent doesn’t look at rosters
    4. They are a one trick pony that only works when the other person is careless — that is a hard sell to farm AND gear for something that is avoidable
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

1. Opponents in GA will check your roster and if you have Jawas, GEOs become Offense
    3. There are higher priorities and Jawas only work if your opponent doesn’t look at rosters
    4. They are a one trick pony that only works when the other person is careless — that is a hard sell to farm AND gear for something that is avoidable

Lots of us were forced to farm them for mod challenges before, so many folks just have the team lying around. I'm curious how high a gear level they need to be an effective counter?
  • Mine coped against g11 GBA, unique zeta, all others g12.

https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Mine coped against g11 GBA, unique zeta, all others g12.

https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/

Thanks!
  • Given GA is so focused on banners achieved, I'm happy to place my Geo's on Defense, let my opponent use Jawas (and barely get any banners, relatively) and this saves me another squad for Offense...Seems like a win-win for me, so go ahead and farm up your Jawas while I gear up a good squad.
  • I counter this — there are zero (0) reasons to farm Jawas

A couple more:
    5. There is still a massive RNG issue. If Scavenger gets focused down first or second, you've probably lost the match.
    6. In GA, even if you win with Jawas, you're likely getting very few points because most of your team is dead.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Jawas as a viable counters to Geonosians in TW is true, but the fact that you're almost guaranteed to lose a few of them and the ones left alive probably won't be at full health makes them a last resort counter in GA at best.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

A couple more:
    5. There is still a massive RNG issue. If Scavenger gets focused down first or second, you've probably lost the match.
    6. In GA, even if you win with Jawas, you're likely getting very few points because most of your team is dead.

Valid points. But considering how many people here are crying about their opponents being 1mil+ GP above theirs and have 345656 more g12 chars I think if somone has a ~g10 avg jawa team lying around (or can spent just a bit of gear to get them there) and just needs to mod his JE for speed, JS for CC and the rest a bit tanky, then this might be an investment worth it. For the top level of GAC it's going to be a different story for sure where every point matters.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I have 3 full good squads to gear and endless characters to g13. No way I have resources available to give jawas. I'm not even sure I'd want to invest the credits in them.

And I try to hit an average of 57 banners per attack.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    My G9/10 jawas helped me pull off a GA win recently. I didn’t have another counter and went for it. I’m not sure if I want to gear them more, they are stun cuff hogs.

We will definitely be seeing more geos on D in both GAC and TW. They definitely require a strong counter.

I faced a g8 team with a g10 brood alpha. I used CLS just because I had never faced them before. Alpha was REALLY hard to kill. I was pretty surprised. At high gear they should be extremely nasty
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Geonosians are a force for sure, but not so much so that it's worth sinking a ton of resources into an otherwise largely useless team to beat them. It's more of a bonus for the people that farmed them up for Crit Damage mods than anything else.

Any recent meta (revans, padme, traya, CLS) can beat them easily, and others can as well - Nightsisters can do it in a pinch, and I would guess zCarth could probably pull it off too if they were fast enough.

Jawas work, but they'll be absolutely trounced by any other team at an equal gear level, and it will be a very low-banner win since 3 or 4 of them will almost certainly die before the detonator festival commences.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I found Traya lead + 4 G8-10 Jawas (dropped the regular 'Jawa') obliterated a G13 double-zeta Geonosian team in TW.

Allowed me to save Sion (and perhaps others) to use under Palp or DRevan lead.

• I don't disagree with the points that you all have raised.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    What you all are assuming is that CG doesn't have a light-side Tattooine event coming that will require you to use Padawan Obi, Padme, QGJ, C3PO, and R2 to unlock 10 year-old Anakin and Sebulba. You'll need the Jawa and Tuskens. Then 6 and 9 months later, respectively you'll need them all to unlock Chhief Nebit Fallen and Darth Urrorrororor
  • Reasons to farm Jawas:
    1. Jawas are awesome. I love them.
    2. Enough said.
    BeralCator wrote: »
    I found Traya lead + 4 G8-10 Jawas (dropped the regular 'Jawa') obliterated a G13 double-zeta Geonosian team in TW.

Woah woah woah. Learn how to use Jawas. On a Jawa team, Jawa is your main damage dealer, as his basic deals 35% more to debuffed enemies. By far, the most useless Jawa is Dathcha.
    What you all are assuming is that CG doesn't have a light-side Tattooine event coming that will require you to use Padawan Obi, Padme, QGJ, C3PO, and R2 to unlock 10 year-old Anakin and Sebulba. You'll need the Jawa and Tuskens. Then 6 and 9 months later, respectively you'll need them all to unlock Chhief Nebit Fallen and Darth Urrorrororor

The closest anything has become to being Darth URoRRuR'R'R would be Darth Krayt - a Jedi turned Tusken turned Sith.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • What you all are assuming is that CG doesn't have a light-side Tattooine event coming that will require you to use Padawan Obi, Padme, QGJ, C3PO, and R2 to unlock 10 year-old Anakin and Sebulba. You'll need the Jawa and Tuskens. Then 6 and 9 months later, respectively you'll need them all to unlock Chhief Nebit Fallen and Darth Urrorrororor

No. What we are assuming is that it's not necessarily worth farming/gearing jawas as a counter to geos. If there is an event in the future where jawas are needed, then they become worth gearing.
  • Reasons to farm Jawas:
    1. Jawas are awesome. I love them.
    2. Enough said.
    BeralCator wrote: »
    I found Traya lead + 4 G8-10 Jawas (dropped the regular 'Jawa') obliterated a G13 double-zeta Geonosian team in TW.

Woah woah woah. Learn how to use Jawas. On a Jawa team, Jawa is your main damage dealer, as his basic deals 35% more to debuffed enemies. By far, the most useless Jawa is Dathcha.

The closest anything has become to being Darth URoRRuR'R'R would be Darth Krayt - a Jedi turned Tusken turned Sith.

Jawas don't attack, why does it matter? The only one relevant is scavenger for his unique
  • What you all are assuming is that CG doesn't have a light-side Tattooine event coming that will require you to use Padawan Obi, Padme, QGJ, C3PO, and R2 to unlock 10 year-old Anakin and Sebulba. You'll need the Jawa and Tuskens. Then 6 and 9 months later, respectively you'll need them all to unlock Chhief Nebit Fallen and Darth Urrorrororor

No. What we are assuming is that it's not necessarily worth farming/gearing jawas as a counter to geos. If there is an event in the future where jawas are needed, then they become worth gearing.

It waz a joke Cpt. Serious.