The Road Ahead - 7/29/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• How about the devs take the power ratings completely out of the game since they don't seem to matter for stuff like squad arena or grand arena pvps. It has never made since that if I take a team with 96k power against a team that is 66k power that my team is wiped like a butt with toilet paper. Add in the fact I take in this team 2 gear12 heroes and the other has a 3* hero...and the 3* one shots a gear 12 Gen Kenobi with full health and protection. If there isn't any way of truly having an idea of what my team will do against another, don't have power ratings. If they don't matter for anything then get rid of them. I know they matter for periphery, like matchmaking and as a bar to cross to enter the Geo TB, but if they don't matter in a real sense of judging one squad versus another, then do something different. Now I will wait for the "Git gud* rebuke.
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    j1qy8nn9xzs7.jpg
    Reek is the horned creature Padme´ and Anakin fight in the arena.
  • So, no News. Only another paywall. Ops, surprise mechanics
  • Jenjhys wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gair wrote: »
    "massive quantities of accumulated unspent gear and materials that longtime players"

How exactly does this support GROWING the game when you exclude new players

Because those longtime players with 4k stun guns still might not want to spend 600 bucks upfront or farm new porcelain fragments to merge a mask...

trust me tho I doubt new players will be excluded they will have red star packs or junk gear packs available to catch you up

new player will make years to reach G12 on consequent number of characters so imagine G13 and legendary gear or red star... innaccessible before many years

This game dont will have new players.
    Too much content, mechanics, paywalls...
  • I am excited about the hints given in the post here... But I am honestly hoping for another road ahead post ASAP.... This left much to be desired as far as info for hype goes. Ki-Adi-Mundi coming soon from how i read the post... I know somethings need to stay top secret to make money, but give us something for the f2p too! Praying for tons of content on clone wars here... Hoping to get sick of clone wars by the time its all said and done.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Cant wait for next road ahead when they announce emotes
  • USPTO
    12 posts Member
    80 whales have beaten the Acklay? Oh woopee. How many players haven’t?

You released an overtuned Geo TB made for G13 Teams that the average player won’t even have for over a year.
    The ships meta has remained unchanged for months.
    The paywalls are ridiculous.

I think I’m going to try out that Looney Tunes game, maybe they don’t have their heads shoved up their wallets.
  • Well done guys. CG_TopHat I almost never miss a Dev post nor a road ahead, but never once has a post had me so prepared and excited for the future of GOH. Big changes shaking up internally with the reorganization that took place, and big shoes to fill after GA and GeoTB. That said, this post is a Monumental step in the right direction. Really looking forward to more great content.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Isn’t these items goes too soon?
    Not really sure what to do with this one
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Well done guys. CG_TopHat I almost never miss a Dev post nor a road ahead, but never once has a post had me so prepared and excited for the future of GOH. Big changes shaking up internally with the reorganization that took place, and big shoes to fill after GA and GeoTB. That said, this post is a Monumental step in the right direction. Really looking forward to more great content.
    What more great content ???

I get stay positive when your on the titanic.... but your still on titanic
  • Part of the problem with this game is that I spend more time watching videos about it than actually playing. So we are farming/gearing all these characters just to look at them. I am not spending money on that. We don't need another form of progression we need there to be stuff to do all the time. New TB doesn't add more to do. It is on the same clock as the old ones. GAC replaced GA. Most of my time is just logging in, collecting energy, SIM, log out. I am starting to wonder why? I think this is why this game will die. You can't actually play the game most of the time
  • 74C0
    9 posts Member
    Thanks for the road ahead - appreciate the communication.
    A little "constructive criticism": teasers and puzzles are good fun, but I didn't find it helpful in a "here are our plans" road ahead post. Humor is great, but sometimes just the facts is what's called for. :)
  • Why the strong hesitance to just expand to level 90, open up gear 13 so anyone can actually get it? This baby steps thing to getting just a little bit better over and over and over again just feels like a money grab. That’s fine for the whales but there are a lot more players than whales. Players are leaving because it’s not much fun when you just cannot advance without spending money. Also do a ship raid already. Ridiculous that it still has not happened
  • Demon4x4 wrote: »
    Jar-jar confirmed.
    "We’ve got some new units making an appearance to support the war effort that will leave you slapping your forehead in disbelief."

Please let it be Ki-Adi-Mundi instead, the man with the one forehead to rule them all. That would be the single good news in all of this. It would be ridiculously unwise to throw Jar Jar on top of this dumpster fire. I mean, read the freaking room, CG. Give us something, anything. All you had to do to win back some goodwill is rework Mace.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    "massive quantities of accumulated unspent gear and materials that longtime players"

Because those longtime players with 4k stun guns still might not want to spend 600 bucks upfront or farm new porcelain fragments to merge a mask...

trust me tho I doubt new players will be excluded they will have red star packs or junk gear packs available to catch you up

Yeah, more gear packs for 40-110 € to catch us up. After we were already forced to splurge on g13 to keep using our arena teams that we had only just gotten to g12.

Speaking as a new player, I'm done being extorted. Screw squad arena. I'll just get my crystals from fleet, which I now know will remain stale and unchanged for a year or longer. Looks like I farmed all those Jedi and Geo ships for nothing, but at least my rebel fleet won't become useless anytime soon. Since g13 does fork all for ships, I'm guessing the new mythical g14 thingamabobs won't do either.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    You could have done us right by allowing us to convert those materials into better materials at a reasonable rate. This is just exploiting what we have. I really don't see how anyone thought this was a good idea, other than someone who already has everything.
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    A lump of coal
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Yeah this really feels like another incoming PAYWALL.

"Activate Darth Vader's mask hidden powers by using 500 xxx daily challange gear... and 150 kyrotech" :|:|:|
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Part of the problem with this game is that I spend more time watching videos about it than actually playing. So we are farming/gearing all these characters just to look at them. I am not spending money on that. We don't need another form of progression we need there to be stuff to do all the time. New TB doesn't add more to do. It is on the same clock as the old ones. GAC replaced GA. Most of my time is just logging in, collecting energy, SIM, log out. I am starting to wonder why? I think this is why this game will die. You can't actually play the game most of the time

Yeah, this is true and I'll add that the forced gearing and GP restrictions on events/missions is really starting to wear thin with me.

I've always been happy to get something 2nd time, even third time if it meant I could randomly farm/gear a faction that I wanted to.

Now everything feels like a predetermined path that keeps running off further and further into the distance.

This game needs something to freshen it up. game modes are either simmed/auto'd or just old content with preloaded TM and/or tenacity.

• YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Well done guys. CG_TopHat I almost never miss a Dev post nor a road ahead, but never once has a post had me so prepared and excited for the future of GOH. Big changes shaking up internally with the reorganization that took place, and big shoes to fill after GA and GeoTB. That said, this post is a Monumental step in the right direction. Really looking forward to more great content.
    What more great content ???

I get stay positive when your on the titanic.... but your still on titanic

It felt like he was dishing out a massive helping of sarcasm there.

• Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    Jenjhys wrote: »

new player will make years to reach G12 on consequent number of characters so imagine G13 and legendary gear or red star... innaccessible before many years

This game dont will have new players.
    Too much content, mechanics, paywalls...

So this game will end soon
  • Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

Traditionally, progression and power in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes has been represented by abstracted stars, gear, or modifications to your character card. In the coming months, we’re excited to begin talking about the next phase of character progression in the game, revolving around unlocking and mastering power represented by a unique item associated with each and every character in the game.

Finally, what if these items not only granted you immense character power, including potentially brand-new abilities, but if they were also enhanced using the massive quantities of accumulated unspent gear and materials that longtime players have piled up over years of collecting and playing?
    How much " massive quantities"&"unspent gear" of
    kyrotech do we need?
  • Kiloran
    18 posts Member
    Do you guys even know what F2P means? You dont pay a subscription to play. Pay to win is the complaint you are looking for.
  • So much negativity here. As always.
  • Oh well, here comes the nerf, just when i was getting used to my fully geared Shaak-Ti/Clones squad
  • JANX
    16 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Edison wrote: »
    Interesting. Not sure with g13 we need character enchancements so soon. What about a ship raid or a live gambling arena (live action forced time pvp, with a stake)

Agree on not needing more gear enhancements so soon - but this sounds like adding additional abilities and power sounds like it could work as a way to power up characters without needing the G13 push, so that's cool.

Oh my man, you dont even know how many ways this can go wrong! They will force you to gave character G13 before you ever have option for this new thing. Like it was with 6* mods when G12 hit us.

So strap on guys, more whale fodder coming our way!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    They have no public relations ability at this point.
This discussion has been closed.