CG vs Theory Crafting

CG: No way they'll beat Malak- they'll have to pay!
TC: Palp crushes Malak
CG: *makes malak immune to tm boost*
TC: okay, so we'll use Revan and Thrawn.
CG: Gear 13, now he's unstoppable!
TC: okay, so we'll use g13 droids and...
CG: Ugh. alright so we're giving Malak a Malak mask....

Replies

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Sounds more like they've taken their Malak and gone home.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited July 2019

Didn't CG say that GG is performing exactly as they hoped he would at G13 though? I thought I read that shortly after G13 launched. If so then really only the first two lines are relevant since we have no idea if the last one is true or not until the iconic gear is in the game.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

Didn't CG say that GG is performing exactly as they hoped he would at G13 though? I thought I read that shortly after G13 launched. If so then really only the first two lines are relevant since we have no idea if the last one is true or not until the iconic gear is in the game.

Not big on jokes, eh?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    By the time those items are in the game, the game will be past Malak. People obsess too much about it since it was a very restricted release.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Not big on jokes, eh?

Jokes are usually funny... this was just a ball of make-believe.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    By the time those items are in the game, the game will be past Malak. People obsess too much about it since it was a very restricted release.

People obsess too much about the most powerful character in the game?
  • TVF
    36585 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

With respect, yes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Yes, absolutely.

There hasn't been a match I kept my SE for offense (and mine is merely a 6* g11 one). I have built 2 counters for it, but only had to use the backup 1 time only. Even if you fail on a SE team, as soon as you dwindle the team down to Malak, he becomes an easy beat.

And as soon as Malak gets the 2nd run, focus will shift elsewhere. CG is just delaying that process for the obvious reason of -perceived value- on their future releases but not Malak himself.
  • TVF wrote: »

With respect, yes.

Easy to say when you have Malak.
  • No_Try wrote: »

Yes, absolutely.

There hasn't been a match I kept my SE for offense (and mine is merely a 6* g11 one). I have built 2 counters for it, but only had to use the backup 1 time only. Even if you fail on a SE team, as soon as you dwindle the team down to Malak, he becomes an easy beat.

And as soon as Malak gets the 2nd run, focus will shift elsewhere. CG is just delaying that process for the obvious reason of -perceived value- on their future releases but not Malak himself.

I've beaten Malak in GA several times. This doesn't change that he's still the best character in the game and that people are perfectly reasonable about wanting him back. Especially when he's required for most TB platoons.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Yes, absolutely.

I've beaten Malak in GA several times. This doesn't change that he's still the best character in the game and that people are perfectly reasonable about wanting him back. Especially when he's required for most TB platoons.

Yeah you diverted the conversation to yet another "where is malak?". I meant to say your op was drawing a wrong correlation which won't take place.