Kyber league

Prev1
Does the 1st player in the game who reaches Kyber league win a special reward or title ?

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    There are a 4 players almost eligible for kyber in div5, whomever sets their defense first will get it. Noone else is as close due to disrepancy CG set right into the system.

reneacm1et06.png
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Sorry, there's one more:

squne9gbdmz2.png
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    We want to reward our longtime players by letting noobs reach kyber first see u on holotables
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    We want to reward our longtime players by letting noobs reach kyber first see u on holotables

This. GAC is such an epic fail on so many levels - quite a feat....even for CG.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. GAC is such an epic fail on so many levels - quite a feat....even for CG.

I believed in them to fail pretty hard. They never disappoint. My friends be like, Malak is coming back, and I’m like bet. And then Malak will never come back.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    The reason for creating divisions, is to let lower levels feel like they are the best. In reality, it should he a ladder system where the best move up the ladder and those who lose, don't. The problem that will set in, is half players on the holotable don't understand they aren't really that great at this game.

How does paying $4,000 to catch up to someone who has been playing 2 years longer than you count as skill? I'm not saying there isn't skill involved, but I feel like without the divisions I would just end up clinbing until baddies with over 50% more gp then me were unbeatable.
  • I'm still slightly in awe that they changed their own system halfway in. Went from a divisional/ league ladder climb matchmaking to a top 80 no matter what your rank or win rate is. Went from eh to awful during it's own debut. No point trying or setting a good defense just throw random junk that can eat a few banner and clear. I had less points total then people with junk rosters simply due to no clearing setting good defense, switching it up thr second GAC and started climbing again. I'll be about 2k shy of kyber and I coulda had it clearing even if I'd lost **** good defense.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Sneekypete wrote: »
    I'm still slightly in awe that they changed their own system halfway in. Went from a divisional/ league ladder climb matchmaking to a top 80 no matter what your rank or win rate is. Went from eh to awful during it's own debut. No point trying or setting a good defense just throw random junk that can eat a few banner and clear. I had less points total then people with junk rosters simply due to no clearing setting good defense, switching it up thr second GAC and started climbing again. I'll be about 2k shy of kyber and I coulda had it clearing even if I'd lost **** good defense.

What change are you refering to? I don't remember a ladder system.

Currently MM matches within the same league, so promotions hold value as they will match you with tougher opponents who also succeeded on previous weeks.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    I'm still slightly in awe that they changed their own system halfway in. Went from a divisional/ league ladder climb matchmaking to a top 80 no matter what your rank or win rate is. Went from eh to awful during it's own debut. No point trying or setting a good defense just throw random junk that can eat a few banner and clear. I had less points total then people with junk rosters simply due to no clearing setting good defense, switching it up thr second GAC and started climbing again. I'll be about 2k shy of kyber and I coulda had it clearing even if I'd lost **** good defense.

Currently MM matches within the same league, so promotions hold value as they will match you with tougher opponents who also succeeded on previous weeks.

I'm in div3, and I've been matched with people in both of my neighboring divisions (4 & 2) so I don't think matchmaking takes division into account. I'd also say it doesn't take wins into account either because I'll message my opponent and ask. My last opponent had 2 losses where I had 1 and when I was undefeated I faced 3 people that had at least one loss...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

I'm in div3, and I've been matched with people in both of my neighboring divisions (4 & 2) so I don't think matchmaking takes division into account. I'd also say it doesn't take wins into account either because I'll message my opponent and ask. My last opponent had 2 losses where I had 1 and when I was undefeated I faced 3 people that had at least one loss...

Didn't say division, said league.

85aox60eq47b.png
  • Well, nice to see that my only GAC loss is #2 in D5.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    The reason for creating divisions, is to let lower levels feel like they are the best. In reality, it should he a ladder system where the best move up the ladder and those who lose, don't. The problem that will set in, is half players on the holotable don't understand they aren't really that great at this game.

How does paying $4,000 to catch up to someone who has been playing 2 years longer than you count as skill? I'm not saying there isn't skill involved, but I feel like without the divisions I would just end up clinbing until baddies with over 50% more gp then me were unbeatable.

The longer you play, the more of meta arena teams you'll have .

so will your opponent
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Congratulations to the first 4 to reach Kyber ever.

f4ep78l6usyi.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAf0QnLFS7Q
  • No_Try wrote: »

f4ep78l6usyi.png

Who of the 4 was first ?
    And why division 5 wins ?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

f4ep78l6usyi.png

Who of the 4 was first ?
    And why division 5 wins ?

I don't know who's the first, they probably scrambled to be the one after mm. This disrepancy of because of kyber requirements being different for leagues and cross division mm giving some higher banner total opportunity. The other remaining candidate is in div7 as soon as they set their defense, just one person. There should be some more in div 5, didn't check before mm. Meanwhile higher divisions are far far away from kyber.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Reaching kyber in higher divisions is obviously more pestigious as it's harder to accomplish but there's still some effort needed to do it in lower divisions aswell.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

so will your opponent

That's kind of the point....however the deviations become smaller and smaller which leads to skill and good decision making being more of a driver of success.

nah just malak
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

so will your opponent

That's kind of the point....however the deviations become smaller and smaller which leads to skill and good decision making being more of a driver of success.

nah just malak

Nah everyone here has it, zero bearing on the outcome.
  • Does the 1st player in the game who reaches Kyber league win a special reward or title ?

Yes Killer whale
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Minired wrote: »
    Does the 1st player in the game who reaches Kyber league win a special reward or title ?

Yes Killer whale

This is what a killer whale looks like. You can go check if any of those players' rosters has any resemblance.

8h30dpf8b4rc.png
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

so will your opponent

nah just malak

ur awsoem i guess
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Reaching kyber in higher divisions is obviously more pestigious as it's harder to accomplish but there's still some effort needed to do it in lower divisions aswell.

It's harder to accomplish because we get matched vs lower division players as soon as that happens just once you can forget about ever making kyber in division 1 or 2. The specific reason it's harder is that their is no higher division to give us people in div 1 and 2 extra battles (points).

The people making kyber in division 5 got extra points from cross division play by playing people in divisions 3 and 4. Cross division gave them an unfair advantage over their peers in their division.

If your division 1 or 2 cross division play can only hurt your progress through leagues by limiting battles you never get extra battles.

One match vs a lower division player is enough to prevent a div 1 or 2 player from making it to kyber league for the entire GAC.

people have gone undefeated in GA and are still thousands of points from the top of their division.

It's impossible to have a respectable tournament when the maximum points possible isn't the same for everyone within a division.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

so will your opponent

nah just malak

ur awsoem i guess

Nah, just a mere f2p...who has malak, yet doesn't use SE to beat any of the malaks he faces, neither in arena or elsewhere.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

so will your opponent

nah just malak

ur awsoem i guess

Nah, just a mere f2p...who has malak, yet doesn't use SE to beat any of the malaks he faces, neither in arena or elsewhere.

like i said bruh your AWESOME... 892 out of what a million...2 million...

That's awesome that you have a gaming experience .0000001 of us has or whatever...

( i seriously mean it your the man your the shaft, the john Mc Clain, the john matrix, the Dutch I admire and respect you)

Your gaming experience of 892 out of millions is to be admired sir.... I mean it GOOD FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!

I mean I don't actually care about your gaming experience because it's more like the other 999,892 people who are not as awesome as you !!!!

seriously enjoy it sir enjoy the adulation and weep the rewards of the chosen ones of glory...

your the bear on a sea of salmon

I am literally pointing at your right now like Bolo Yeung in Bloodsport YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU de muhan
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

It's harder to accomplish because we get matched vs lower division players as soon as that happens just once you can forget about ever making kyber in division 1 or 2. The specific reason it's harder is that their is no higher division to give us people in div 1 and 2 extra battles (points).

The people making kyber in division 5 got extra points from cross division play by playing people in divisions 3 and 4. Cross division gave them an unfair advantage over their peers in their division.

If your division 1 or 2 cross division play can only hurt your progress through leagues by limiting battles you never get extra battles.

One match vs a lower division player is enough to prevent a div 1 or 2 player from making it to kyber league for the entire GAC.

people have gone undefeated in GA and are still thousands of points from the top of their division.

It's impossible to have a respectable tournament when the maximum points possible isn't the same for everyone within a division.

Do you have mathematical support for your claim that you can be undefeated and not make Kyber? Perhaps if you ignore every feat...