No_Try wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    The reason for creating divisions, is to let lower levels feel like they are the best. In reality, it should he a ladder system where the best move up the ladder and those who lose, don't. The problem that will set in, is half players on the holotable don't understand they aren't really that great at this game.

How does paying $4,000 to catch up to someone who has been playing 2 years longer than you count as skill? I'm not saying there isn't skill involved, but I feel like without the divisions I would just end up clinbing until baddies with over 50% more gp then me were unbeatable.

The longer you play, the more of meta arena teams you'll have .

so will your opponent

That's kind of the point....however the deviations become smaller and smaller which leads to skill and good decision making being more of a driver of success.

nah just malak

Nah everyone here has it, zero bearing on the outcome.

ur awsoem i guess

Nah, just a mere f2p...who has malak, yet doesn't use SE to beat any of the malaks he faces, neither in arena or elsewhere.

like i said bruh your AWESOME... 892 out of what a million...2 million...

That's awesome that you have a gaming experience .0000001 of us has or whatever...

( i seriously mean it your the man your the shaft, the john Mc Clain, the john matrix, the Dutch I admire and respect you)

Your gaming experience of 892 out of millions is to be admired sir.... I mean it GOOD FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!

I mean I don't actually care about your gaming experience because it's more like the other 999,892 people who are not as awesome as you !!!!

seriously enjoy it sir enjoy the adulation and weep the rewards of the chosen ones of glory...

your the bear on a sea of salmon

I am literally pointing at your right now like Bolo Yeung in Bloodsport YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU de muhan

You just skipped the 2nd part of the sentence. Malak doesn't need a Malak for the beating. "I don't have Malak, that's why I lose to ones with Malak" is invalid, it's merely a disadvantage that can be overcome if you put your mind to it.

Having Malak probably soon won't change that situation either, then everyone will have him and the advantagous pick will be to set yours on defense and still beat the opponent's Malak and expect them to fail on yours.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    We want to reward our longtime players by letting noobs reach kyber first see u on holotables

This. GAC is such an epic fail on so many levels - quite a feat....even for CG.

I believed in them to fail pretty hard. They never disappoint. My friends be like, Malak is coming back, and I’m like bet. And then Malak will never come back.

Yo bro this is the good bye gift from the CG carrie lol, she was like oh boy I'm gonna show these fools who is the boss even after I leave this company
  • I don’t have malak, but I can still beat malak teams
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Reaching kyber in higher divisions is obviously more pestigious as it's harder to accomplish but there's still some effort needed to do it in lower divisions aswell.

It's harder to accomplish because we get matched vs lower division players as soon as that happens just once you can forget about ever making kyber in division 1 or 2. The specific reason it's harder is that their is no higher division to give us people in div 1 and 2 extra battles (points).

The people making kyber in division 5 got extra points from cross division play by playing people in divisions 3 and 4. Cross division gave them an unfair advantage over their peers in their division.

If your division 1 or 2 cross division play can only hurt your progress through leagues by limiting battles you never get extra battles.

One match vs a lower division player is enough to prevent a div 1 or 2 player from making it to kyber league for the entire GAC.

people have gone undefeated in GA and are still thousands of points from the top of their division.

It's impossible to have a respectable tournament when the maximum points possible isn't the same for everyone within a division.

Do you have mathematical support for your claim that you can be undefeated and not make Kyber? Perhaps if you ignore every feat...

If your division 2 and get matched vs division 3 you get less opportunity to score.

The difference is made up of max points for 6 or 8 battles. Here is the math.

90x2 defense deployed is 180
    64x2 offense cleared is 128
    308 points per round and there is 3 rounds in GA so 308x3 is 924 say 925 points.

Over 4 ga 925x4 is 3700.

So undefeated killing everyone with 1 man teams and still end up 3700 points short of max score.

Do you really think there is a 3700 point buffer to reaching kyber league?

All the calcs I have seen indicate the max score possible is just a thousand or maybe 2k more than kyber. If this makes sense. But honestly no I didn't add up all the feats others did and I'm using their max scores.

Once this ends we can see if people made kyber by more than 3700
  • You forgetting about the difference in points for a cleared territory
  • I’m div 4, when I play div 3 players we both have 6 total defense teams
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Looks like first person to kyber will be from div 5 or div 7 just from setting D this next match. Funny

I should be close.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Boros wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    We want to reward our longtime players by letting noobs reach kyber first see u on holotables

This. GAC is such an epic fail on so many levels - quite a feat....even for CG.

I believed in them to fail pretty hard. They never disappoint. My friends be like, Malak is coming back, and I’m like bet. And then Malak will never come back.

Yo bro this is the good bye gift from the CG carrie lol, she was like oh boy I'm gonna show these fools who is the boss even after I leave this company

Well then she just saved me 50 bucks, lol
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Is it really that big of a deal to be the first in an exhibition match?
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Reaching kyber in higher divisions is obviously more pestigious as it's harder to accomplish but there's still some effort needed to do it in lower divisions aswell.

It's harder to accomplish because we get matched vs lower division players as soon as that happens just once you can forget about ever making kyber in division 1 or 2. The specific reason it's harder is that their is no higher division to give us people in div 1 and 2 extra battles (points).

The people making kyber in division 5 got extra points from cross division play by playing people in divisions 3 and 4. Cross division gave them an unfair advantage over their peers in their division.

If your division 1 or 2 cross division play can only hurt your progress through leagues by limiting battles you never get extra battles.

One match vs a lower division player is enough to prevent a div 1 or 2 player from making it to kyber league for the entire GAC.

people have gone undefeated in GA and are still thousands of points from the top of their division.

It's impossible to have a respectable tournament when the maximum points possible isn't the same for everyone within a division.

Do you have mathematical support for your claim that you can be undefeated and not make Kyber? Perhaps if you ignore every feat...

If your division 2 and get matched vs division 3 you get less opportunity to score.

The difference is made up of max points for 6 or 8 battles. Here is the math.

90x2 defense deployed is 180
    64x2 offense cleared is 128
    308 points per round and there is 3 rounds in GA so 308x3 is 924 say 925 points.

Over 4 ga 925x4 is 3700.

So undefeated killing everyone with 1 man teams and still end up 3700 points short of max score.

Do you really think there is a 3700 point buffer to reaching kyber league?

All the calcs I have seen indicate the max score possible is just a thousand or maybe 2k more than kyber. If this makes sense. But honestly no I didn't add up all the feats others did and I'm using their max scores.

Once this ends we can see if people made kyber by more than 3700

Don’t know how it’s shaking out in div 1, but in div 3 the top player is about 1K away from kyber, which mean for full clear wins they’ll be about 6-7K above the threshold. I’ve had one loss so far :( and only need to go 1 for 3 with full clears on the last week to hit kyber (all 6 team rounds).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I don’t have malak, but I can still beat malak teams

Being able to beat Malak teams w/o Malak is not the problem. It's the fact that the Malak lwner has whatever you used to beat Malak as a "free" team that you had to use on Malak that he didn't.

And that's presuming an otgerwise fairly even match-up. I've faced players with Malqk, 11 more g13 toons than I have including a full g13 Geo team (yes, all 5) while I have ni g12 Geos. He also had a maxed GG team with 3 g13 and 2 g1wl2 toons in it (my B1 and Droideka are 5*, g10 +11). Beating Malak was easy - beating the two extra g13 meta teams without Malak is the tough part.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    The reason for creating divisions, is to let lower levels feel like they are the best. In reality, it should he a ladder system where the best move up the ladder and those who lose, don't. The problem that will set in, is half players on the holotable don't understand they aren't really that great at this game.

How does paying $4,000 to catch up to someone who has been playing 2 years longer than you count as skill? I'm not saying there isn't skill involved, but I feel like without the divisions I would just end up clinbing until baddies with over 50% more gp then me were unbeatable.

That's a fair point, but what does being rank 1000 in a lower GP really matter? Would you prefer not to keep building your team to reach as high as possible? You'll get the opportunity to pass up high GP players who have been playing for longer whose skill you exceed. Essentially your rank would truly be where you are among all players. The longer you play, the more of meta arena teams you'll have and keep moving up the ladder. Of course, the ladder can't keep resetting for this to work.

Nope. You can never catch up unless you spend large. 9 months in and have all the big boys but malak padme and c3po (and ready for malak). Started as kraken albeit less educated at the time. But cant gear them despite 1/1 pvp ranking most days. Pure time on the gear piece esp g8-11.

So unless you are lean meta only from day one you cant even me compete with people generally doing same for 2 years longer (and even then it is questionable).

If i knew what I know now I would have never started this game. You old players think it is skill, it is a lot less than you thin unless you are going up against your true peers (same gp same mets same mods).
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    37 in div2 and 12 in div1 have enough banners to reach Kyber if they won their matches this round. It may turn out not enough may fill the reward structure in div1 kyber in the end hehe (200 players)
  • No_Try wrote: »
    37 in div2 and 12 in div1 have enough banners to reach Kyber if they won their matches this round. It may turn out not enough may fill the reward structure in div1 kyber in the end hehe (200 players)
    I'm 587 in division 2 aurodium and I'll get kyber if I win next round. It's not unreasonable to assume half the people ahead of me will win their last round. Division 2 kyber is going to have at least 200.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    I'm 587 in division 2 aurodium and I'll get kyber if I win next round. It's not unreasonable to assume half the people ahead of me will win their last round. Division 2 kyber is going to have at least 200.

I know, there's a significant difference between div 1 and 2. I attribute it to population density, people came up with roster/efficiency explanations. Either way we are talking about 1/3 disparity. i.e. I'm 329th in div 1, my guildie (54 banners more) is 1103 in div 2.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Keydash1 wrote: »

I know, there's a significant difference between div 1 and 2. I attribute it to population density, people came up with roster/efficiency explanations. Either way we are talking about 1/3 disparity. i.e. I'm 329th in div 1, my guildie (54 banners more) is 1103 in div 2.
    It would be interesting to see how the player population is spread across the Leagues. I doubt CG will release raw numbers but perhaps they could share percentages.

For whatever reason the middle Divisions have definitely advanced faster, I've been watching that unfold through the in-game leaderboards.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    The end result went above my projection in div1. I barely made it to kyber and only due to last added feats at 35513 banners, so this should be pretty close to kyber bottom. I'm 305th, so enough players to go into bottom of reward structure.

For comparison 35.714 banners gets 883 on kyber div2. Already knew div2 has much higher banner counts overall.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I am currently at 1,169 in Division 5 Kyber League. That's slipped about a hundred places in the last few hours so expect it to slip a couple of hundred more by the time review phase ends.

I have 28,084 points and the minimum is 25,000 so it's a fair bet there are quite a lot more people below me in Division 5 Kyber.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I am currently at 1,169 in Division 5 Kyber League. That's slipped about a hundred places in the last few hours so expect it to slip a couple of hundred more by the time review phase ends.

I have 28,084 points and the minimum is 25,000 so it's a fair bet there are quite a lot more people below me in Division 5 Kyber.

Yeah anything below div2 can have much more in kyber simply by entry banners being much lower (much more so then possible amount of banner differences between divisions).

Here's a div3 one at 28.974 banners

zj7atsn9jsk7.png
  • Who makes a system where the top players never make it into the top league and rewards? smh