old ben shard drop tracking...COMPLETED 7*!

Prev1
reizse
1447 posts Member
edited April 2016
similar to how i'm tracking anakin shards, this is for old ben in squad cantina
gSCNG6f.png
  • added gw drop location
mighty chlorians
Post edited by reizse on

Replies

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    activated him after 5 days and geared up to g7.
    it does seem a bit too easy to get a full 7* in only 21 days of farming cantina, but i'm not complaining....(and probably jinxed my drop rate for the next week :neutral: )
    mighty chlorians
  • Lol jinxed hahaha. Hey thanks for the information, it is good to know he is not that hard to farm. Nevertheless I would like to know if you used refreshes (you probably did)? How many per day?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Lol jinxed hahaha. Hey thanks for the information, it is good to know he is not that hard to farm. Nevertheless I would like to know if you used refreshes (you probably did)? How many per day?

the crystal spent for refreshes is tracked, so my formula uses nested if statements to meet conditions for +100 and +200 crystals. i use 2 refreshes as indicated by a total of 300 crystals spent per day :blush:
    mighty chlorians
  • Great stuff ty for sharing!
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    No way dude... 30-40% drop rate... I... I think I need to go lie down.

My drop rate hovers around 15% in hard mode and the cantina.

I could 7* General Grievous YEARS before any hard mode farms.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    MLGebra wrote: »
    No way dude... 30-40% drop rate... I... I think I need to go lie down.

My drop rate hovers around 15% in hard mode and the cantina.

I could 7* General Grievous YEARS before any hard mode farms.

Cantina has a much better drop rate than the hard nodes.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    they're both about 33% +/- 3%
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    here's my anakin hard node farming for 3 weeks so far. pretty similar results, but obviously the opportunity cost is much higher for hard nodes since you only have 3 free chances per day without refreshing and each attempt costs more than 1 cantina run, for the same payout: chance at 1 shard

UB5W1JV.png
    mighty chlorians
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Nice, this is additional evidence that the shard drop rate is likely a constant 1/3
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Its 1/3 for every mission and cantina, every node.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    I'm in no rush to farm Ben, i find the Cantina currency you make at stage 6 a better value for hampering progress on Ben, especially since I'm farming a Rebel team that requires HRS more than Ben.

I guess im one of the few that is farming him at stage 6, i get about 8 shards a day.
    {RotE}
  • Are you using a spreadsheet app for your mobile or is that excel?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Are you using a spreadsheet app for your mobile or is that excel?

it's done in excel
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    There's debate on whether or not Old Ben should be starred. He has weak damage at 7*, and having lower health at 4* ensures aoe's and such kill him thus buffing your team. He just needs to live long enough to get his aoe debuff off.

while i understand the point that some players make about keeping his hp as low as possible, i have yet to see anyone actually do it...basically no one has put their money where their mouth is...it's just talk with zero evidence to back it up.
    conventional wisdom points to having your heroes perform at peak levels by having them maxed out (withholding bugs ofc).
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    LaLiam wrote: »
    I'm in no rush to farm Ben, i find the Cantina currency you make at stage 6 a better value for hampering progress on Ben, especially since I'm farming a Rebel team that requires HRS more than Ben.

I guess im one of the few that is farming him at stage 6, i get about 8 shards a day.

to me, the difference in cantina currency is not worth slowing down the farm rate.
    13 * 45 attempts = 585
    21 * 30 attempts = 630
    every 9 days you can get an extra shipment. ymmv, but 10 days is not a deal breaker for me, since i can farm an additional 1/3 shards through nodes at the cost of 45 cantina currency per day, which when broken down is: 4.5 additional old ben shards per day vs .5 shards through shipments per day.
    like i said, ymmv

edit: or to make the math a bit more palatable, that's equivalent to 45 old ben shards for 5 shards in cantina shipments. the opportunity cost is too steep if the currency is all you're after. factoring in the mk iii drops from higher nodes can make them more appealing, but that's dependent on your ability mats situation. i'm well over 100 and gaining 52+ per week, so those aren't a selling point for me
    Post edited by reizse on
    mighty chlorians
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Nice thread. I'm currently considering to farm Ben. Have him on 0/65. Improving his gear, but 4 stars is obviously not high. Thinking he could be more useful in the future if the battles are longer. I have Mace at 5* and need one more Jedi to snatch a 7* Yoda. Perhaps Ben can be that guy?

QGJ, Lumi, Eeth and soon JC all 7* already...
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Monxie wrote: »
    Nice thread. I'm currently considering to farm Ben. Have him on 0/65. Improving his gear, but 4 stars is obviously not high. Thinking he could be more useful in the future if the battles are longer. I have Mace at 5* and need one more Jedi to snatch a 7* Yoda. Perhaps Ben can be that guy?

ben might not be the best choice since his damage is pretty low. his special will get resisted and give yoda additional turns. on top of that, his basic gives evasion, which yoda can steal on top of his foresight. i would suggest barriss as her passive heal and heal on basic (and leader skill if you don't go for lumi rng dogding) are all nice to have

edit: i take back what i said. slower characters may have their damage increased based on the last update on friday....so the next time yoda comes around, old ben might be hitting harder (at least i hope so). in that case, keep farming ben, but the surest bet if you were to ask me right now, is that barriss is more optimal than ben
    mighty chlorians
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    reizse wrote: »
    Monxie wrote: »

ben might not be the best choice since his damage is pretty low. his special will get resisted and give yoda additional turns. on top of that, his basic gives evasion, which yoda can steal on top of his foresight. i would suggest barriss as her passive heal and heal on basic (and leader skill if you don't go for lumi rng dogding) are all nice to have

edit: i take back what i said. slower characters may have their damage increased based on the last update on friday....so the next time yoda comes around, old ben might be hitting harder (at least i hope so). in that case, keep farming ben, but the surest bet if you were to ask me right now, is that barriss is more optimal than ben
    You're right. You're very right. All you say is true. However, I want Old Ben anyway, so since I'm getting him anyway, I'll try to go with him on the Yoda event too. Will try for 6* Yoda first, obviously. If 7* proves to be impossible, then I guess Bariss is a must in the end, but I hope it won't come to that.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    21 ish days for an 8 cost seems about right, 25ish for a 10 and 30 ish on a 12 cost.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    upgraded to 5* this morning
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    upgraded to 6* this morning
    mighty chlorians
  • ravened
    18 posts Member
    Do you know how difficult is to farm Rey?
  • probably 33% lol
    Tekken 7
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    ravened wrote: »

I didn't farm her but I have anakin almost 7* with a drop rate of 31%. both anakin and Rey have 3 nodes.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/17085/jedi-knight-anakin-shard-drop-tracking#latest

you can assume a 33% drop rate, so 330 shards would take 990 attempts. it would be somewhere around 60+ days to farm Rey to 7* refreshing each node once for 18 attempts per day. there will be a ton of players who will complain that she has a lower drop rate than other heroes, but I don't believe it personally with my experience farming anakin, fotp and rg from hard nodes
    mighty chlorians
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    ravened wrote: »

Spend 150gems refreshing she'll be 6* in a month.
    {RotE}
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    while not as exciting as getting anakin to 7* today, i also got old ben to 7* lol. speadsheet has been updated for the final time
    mighty chlorians
  • Weezy34
    117 posts Member
    Great info, thanks for sharing! Wish I would be doing this, I don't do the second recharge on crystals but I swear my drop rate isn't even close to 30%! I've been farming Ben for two weeks and am only at 70 shards, a week away from you and you got 300 shards?! Absolutely nuts!

Also I'm day 3 of no shards for Rey... 0-18! I'm at 71 for her, was hoping to get her by end of the week, but with a 0% drop rate I'm not keeping my hopes up!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Weezy34 wrote: »
    Great info, thanks for sharing! Wish I would be doing this, I don't do the second recharge on crystals but I swear my drop rate isn't even close to 30%! I've been farming Ben for two weeks and am only at 70 shards, a week away from you and you got 300 shards?! Absolutely nuts!

Also I'm day 3 of no shards for Rey... 0-18! I'm at 71 for her, was hoping to get her by end of the week, but with a 0% drop rate I'm not keeping my hopes up!

don't give up! it should equalize at 33% +/- 3%
    mighty chlorians
  • @reizse can you share this plan?
    Thanks.