Gac wait periods are far to long.

icanectc
821 posts Member
I know i know we need to give people time... 24 hour sign up period and then another 24 hours of setting Def is a lot of time to burn for an attack period that lasts if done correctly 20 mins....

Def setting should be 12 hours. I get the whole world wide thing but 24 hours back to back is Annoyingly long. And way to lenient. Imo. I get with that with all the different time zones 24 hours makes it world wide equitable but jeez maybe allow players to self advance is everyone is ready...

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Sure you get the 24 hour world thing? Doesn't sound so. Let's say you advanced the round, who's your next opponent will be? Will you wait 2 more days for your next round?
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    "I get that people are in different time zones and this is the only way to be fair to everyone, but that is inconvenient for Me, The Protagonist of Reality, and therefore should be changed."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kluge wrote: »
    agreed....if you can pre-program other features to auto (auto-launch, auto-battle, asst sims) they can easily set up a feature to allow auto-join (raids, TW, GAC)

Sure they could auto join everybody, but then you would have a lot of people joined that won't play, and more auto-defense nonsense. They've chosen to require everybody to choose to participate or not, which also gives everybody a break for a day each week, and is perfectly fine.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I personally like the little break between GAs. Gives a little breather to regroup before going back at it.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I wonder if OP would have the same opinion if he had to sleep during most of the 12 hours of defense setting...

• Pre-programming / auto would be bad. I alter my lineup depending on the opponent

The wait time of 24 hours is needed for time zones — but it is rough when you have just one (1) opponent — like the OP said — twenty minutes and done

I suppose this would NOT be noticeable if there were only things to do in there game.

As is, the 24 hrs wait for 20 mins for 24 hrs wait for 20 mins for 24 hrs wait for 20 mins = a lot of stagnant time for minimal engagement
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    I respectfully disagree with the OP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    Def setting should be 12 hours. I get the whole world wide thing but 24 hours back to back is Annoyingly long. And way to lenient. Imo. I get with that with all the different time zones 24 hours makes it world wide equitable but jeez maybe allow players to self advance is everyone is ready...

Self-advancing just pushes the waiting time to the next round. New rounds can't behin and final rankings can't be calculated before all 8 players finished the round.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Waqui wrote: »

Self-advancing just pushes the waiting time to the next round. New rounds can't behin and final rankings can't be calculated before all 8 players finished the round.

That is easily overcome to score rounds when they finish there isn't any reason to delay scoring until everyone is done.

Scoring can be done right away after both players in a match chose to advance - ranking and hence also matching for the next round and distribution of rewards can't be done until all 8 players chose to advance.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

That is easily overcome to score rounds when they finish there isn't any reason to delay scoring until everyone is done.

There isn't any reason to push it ahead either. It's not like you're going to wind up with more fights to do; they aren't going to start a new GA until the scheduled time. You're just pushing your wait time to a different point, there's no gain.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree with the OP.

I also disagree with the OP. Probably less respectfully.