Darth Nihilus / C3PO Escape Battle Mechanic

I was a bit confused this past HSTR... During Phase 1 using my JTR team (JTR, 3PO, R2, BB8, and Finn) at the end of the battle it got down to just R2 and 3PO.

DH had only his basic attack available and went after R2 as he wasn't stealthed... one shot kill. I was expecting at that point, since 3PO was the only character left, he would leave the battle immediately.

Instead, DH took an extra basic turn and one-shotted 3PO as well. I was under the impression that 3POs "Wait For Me" unique wasn't a turn based action and would trigger immediately upon being the last remaining ally, since "When there are no allied combatants, C-3PO escapes from battle". There's no qualifier that says "at C-3POs next turn" or "at the end of an enemies turn"

Is the DH "Fearsome Foe III" double turn unique supposed to overrule 3POs "Wait For Me" escape mechanic?

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    he can def get killed before escaping, same with hoda (and I assume alpha)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. Happens all the time
  • Options
    This is normal, same with Hoda. The raid boss isn't taking two turns, he's attacking again, on his turn.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    I was a bit confused this past HSTR... During Phase 1 using my JTR team (JTR, 3PO, R2, BB8, and Finn) at the end of the battle it got down to just R2 and 3PO.

DH had only his basic attack available and went after R2 as he wasn't stealthed... one shot kill. I was expecting at that point, since 3PO was the only character left, he would leave the battle immediately.

Instead, DH took an extra basic turn and one-shotted 3PO as well. I was under the impression that 3POs "Wait For Me" unique wasn't a turn based action and would trigger immediately upon being the last remaining ally, since "When there are no allied combatants, C-3PO escapes from battle". There's no qualifier that says "at C-3POs next turn" or "at the end of an enemies turn"

Is the DH "Fearsome Foe III" double turn unique supposed to overrule 3POs "Wait For Me" escape mechanic?

As others have said, he's attacking twice, not taking two turns. The way you can tell is the enrage timer. When he takes the 2-3 attacks/abilities during his turn, the enrage timer only goes down 1 for that turn, not 2 or 3 for the attacks/abilities he used.
  • Options
    Yeah that ability (like so many others) is just worded poorly...