Mod help

Hey guys!

So I am a 3 year player, and have all of my characters with mods. But I have like 0 idea how to effectively use them and what to look for when it comes to farming for specific mods. Can I get some help to understand a good way to go about this? Plus I feel like it could help others as well knowing how you go about it.

Thank you!

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Generally the number one thing you want is high speed secondaries. For your damage dealers you typically want either an offense set or a crit damage set. Tanks want defensive mods. Grievous needs health more than anything because that's what his damage is based on. Maybe it would help to start a bit narrower with a specific team you are looking at modding? Also share your .gg profile so people can see what you're working with.
  • My ally code is 142-875-378 if you are interested in looking up my roster! thanks @Liath
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ok, the first thing to pay attention to is set bonuses. Some sets require 2 mods to get a bonus and some require 4. Crit damage set is one that requires 4. Looking at your bounty hunters, you have some random crit damage set mods on some of the damage dealers, but you don't have 4 of them (except on IG-88), so you aren't getting any bonus from that. Also look at the primaries. You also want to get crit damage primary triangles on those guys, this is a bigger bump than the set bonus. Dengar wants crit chance also because of his ability that inflict debuffs based on the number of crits. Bossk's main job is to tank, so you want a bunch of health and protection on him.
  • I would like to mod my Luke Skywalker team! I have been beefing them up recently and working up to get C3PO
  • So high tenacity and health Bossk? To reduce debuffs on him and stay healthy?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Tenacity can be good (depending on what teams you are typically facing), but debuff heavy teams are often modded for high potency and it can be hard to beat that with tenacity. As far as health vs. protection, if you are looking at 5* mods, protection primaries give a much bigger boost than health primaries. If you are looking at 6* mods, health primaries have a much bigger jump in effectiveness going to 6*.

For rebels, you want CLS and C3PO as fast as possible, and Han and Chewie should be modded for damage.
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Hey guys!

So I am a 3 year player, and have all of my characters with mods. But I have like 0 idea how to effectively use them and what to look for when it comes to farming for specific mods. Can I get some help to understand a good way to go about this? Plus I feel like it could help others as well knowing how you go about it.

Thank you!

Generally speaking there are a lot of resources online that can help. There is a mod meta report on Swgoh.gg that can be useful if you use the filters wisely.

Second source would be a series of articles written by gaming-fans that goes through the fine details a bit better than a forum thread can.

Last resource would be videos available on YouTube on the topic.