AI rant

ASD_Dad
210 posts Member
AI dodge's and resistance is a little out of control lately. I know there are numerous threads on this but it seriously causes rage that doesnt come out except with this crazy game!

I keep getting my Level 70, max geared Arena squad shredded by a level 65, gear 7 GW squad. Why? Dodge, dodge and more dodge followed by resisting. They dont even have Lumi or Dooku lead! Phasma is leading.

Doesnt matter who I target first, dodge. My GS special misses but assist hits. Whoopee. Then I use my QGJ to remove the buff from their Phasma or GS and get my teams offense up. Nope. Never works.

Retreated at least a dozen or more times now trying various tactics. Nothing. Meanwhile their Lumi - level 65, gear 7, 6* can one shot my Level 70 GS 6*, max geared.

I know it is RNG but the RNG is always seriously in AI's favor. I've got a deep bench to try others out but after losing over and over with my normal healer heavy GW squad I wanted to try my main Arena squad and it should be a cake walk with almost no damage taken on my side. Instead they're taking out 2 toons with 3rd in the red before I retreat.

** rant over ** continue on with your day!

Replies

• No problems here
  • Send in Teebo all by himself. After his funeral, come back with your regular team.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Oh, I have suicide squads but I normally save those for the level 70 max gear hit squads on their side. I normally finish GW and plan on finishing today but the dodge thing was getting out of hand.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Yesterday I had Poggle dodge/resist 7 times in a row. It was pretty funny. He was the last guy standing and I had a full squad so it wasn't a big deal. But it was hilarious watching the little guy trying to survive.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • luuuje
    153 posts Member
    Just faced a Dooku lead team in arena.. his leader ability is definitely fixed!xD
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    OK, feel better now, I just finished GW...

Took out the dodge team just going with my B squad. The dodging went way down. It has to be the character they are facing or something like that. The battle went completely normal with the alt squad. With my healer heavy team and Arena team it was a total joke.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ASD_Dad wrote: »
    OK, feel better now, I just finished GW...

Took out the dodge team just going with my B squad. The dodging went way down. It has to be the character they are facing or something like that. The battle went completely normal with the alt squad. With my healer heavy team and Arena team it was a total joke.

It largely seems like all events are fixed for each battle after you've first encounter. So if you take your first team in and the first attack was dodged, the second was crit, the third was normal, the fourth was dodged, etc. and you then retreat, you'll get the exact same results if you take in the same team and do the same attacks and targets again. So you're insane series of dodges was all RNG but if you tried doing the exact same thing again, all that RNG was already predetermined from the previous time. This may sound odd but I keep seeing this over and over in GW, day after day, so it's not me reading into it (or it really is RNG and I should go buy a ton of lotto tickets).

When I run into this, I usually either try choosing different targets, using different ability, changing my leader, or taking a different team in to reset the previous events.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.