Best Mod Setup to make a G12 zKylo Ren nearly unkillable

I've faced a few of these, and now finally have one, yet my FO usually go down in 1 battle

Opinions seemed somewhat divided on how to mod him for defense, what say u forum folk

TIA

Replies

• Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    First order is easy to counter, which is why your team is likely going down in one battle. However, personally I feel like modding Kylo for Tenacity is highly underrated. As long as he can keep using Outrage, he is extremely difficult to kill. I'm hardly an expert on FO though :D
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    My Kylo is only G9, but I agree with @Dryff - a high Tenacity KRU is the toughest to fight.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    My Kylo is only G9, but I agree with @Dryff - a high Tenacity KRU is the toughest to fight.

I think the OP and dryff are referring to normal kylo no ?
  • Options
    Treeburner wrote: »

Yes correct I should have specified. I should have mentioned I have about 190 speed before bonus, and I stuck a lot of extra offense on him too, like 350, yet I find his AOE lacklustre still. I fought a G10 once who **** near killed one of my good teams with just his AOE alone, it was long ago but I checked his mods and there was a lot of extra offense, I don't remember what sets were though. He gets bonus dmg on aoe equal to his crit dmg, I have a crit dmg set on him, though I am sure an offense set would be good too, not sure which is better.

I was also thinking to stack him for tenacity, like Nest for defense, I just don't like switching mods around just for this or that, his dmg would be reduced for raids for sure, but I might have to consider it here to help them stand up better it seems. When I face one myself, my objective is to keep him stunned...
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I have 4x offence, 2x tenacity. Right now it's Crit Damage triangle for his AoE. Protection cross so he has more to regain from Outrage.

I've had him take out half of a similar gear level zBastila team because he just spams outrage and they can't hit through the amount he has to actually kill him. He'll critical in T6 Sith Raid for 175,000 if he's below half health with Cycle of Suffering maxed.

+96 speed, +895 offense. G12+3, zeta on Outrage.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Treeburner wrote: »

So they were! Thats what I get for skimming.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    What are you using against FO when you encounter these nigh-invulnerable Kylos?

His defense stacks up every time you hit him, so if he has the zeta you need to bring a reliable stun or ability block so that he takes a turn but isn't able to use Outrage. It'll always be off cooldown if you're actively trying to kill him, and the stacking defense means he'll probably be able to just keep healing back up.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    What are you using against FO when you encounter these nigh-invulnerable Kylos?

His defense stacks up every time you hit him, so if he has the zeta you need to bring a reliable stun or ability block so that he takes a turn but isn't able to use Outrage. It'll always be off cooldown if you're actively trying to kill him, and the stacking defense means he'll probably be able to just keep healing back up.

@Jarvind I usually use high level Empire, and do just that, yet the correctly modded (it would seem...) Kylo under Kru still gives them a very hard time, he can be hard to dmg at all even with blade due to the stacking defense etc. There are some that have been easy, too, maybe some had several G12 pieces that others did not, not sure how much they can play into it.

Due to the stacking defense, I actually thought about putting a def set on him with the crit dmg set(or offense), but likely Tenacity is better
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks are such a good counter for FO. Mine have average mods and are mostly G11 and it’s an easy 1st attempt win almost every time.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    JTR it is. Unless the enemy team is all G12+3 or higher with all zetas i'm able to win every fight with my Resistance albeit they're far from top end.

http://swgoh.gg/squads/165060/
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    I use jtr, 60 points every time.. jtr, bb8, 3po, Finn can do it, I usually edge for caution and use res troop as well. Fo don’t take a turn and easy 60 points..
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    I use jtr, 60 points every time.. jtr, bb8, 3po, Finn can do it, I usually edge for caution and use res troop as well. Fo don’t take a turn and easy 60 points..

So who do you use against BH? I use JTR against BH.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

I am also curious about this. I always use JTR against bounty hunters because nearly everyone seems to throw Bossk on defense, and I usually mirror match FO teams because mine is better geared than most. Curious to hear what others use against them though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @VonZant cls raid Han chewy and r2.. never have a problem and get the undersized bonus..

Last round my oppo hid bh at the back, I used treya just because.. i keep a decent set of offense teams rather than focus defense to the detriment of points scoring.. I either win by 1-5 points with 1900 ish or lose by the same margin...I enjoy playing like that..
  • Options
    Palp, Vader, Thrawn, and two others work great against BH
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Kemosabe73 wrote: »

This works, even without Thrawn. TFP and RG are usually my other 2. Keep everyone ability blocked and/stunned and just wear then down.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

This works, even without Thrawn. TFP and RG are usually my other 2. Keep everyone ability blocked and/stunned and just wear then down.

I use EP against Carth. Who do you use against Carth then?
  • Options

Padme laughs at Carth
  • Options

Absolutely, but if the opponent has a high tenacity Bossk, it’s nice to have Thrawn to fracture him and keep him out of play. If Bossk has high tenacity, the debuffs won’t stick and you’ll get in deep water real quick
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    A literal kitten-ton of tenacity I guess. Shock just shuts him right down same as zSavage.

Edit: oh we're not talking about KRU, and I can't remember a single OG Kylo that even bothered me the slightest. I wouldn't waste precious resources on him really.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Options

I always save my FO for offense as they are easily beatable. I use FO for Bossk lead teams. Easy 58-60*. Keep Bossk stun locked and its game over.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

I always save my FO for offense as they are easily beatable. I use FO for Bossk lead teams. Easy 58-60*. Keep Bossk stun locked and its game over.

I agree they are better used on offense. But most still set them on D. My FO have suffered with the gear crunch lately and are behind at around g9. But I use the on O when I can. They are really good to max banners.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Absolutely, but if the opponent has a high tenacity Bossk, it’s nice to have Thrawn to fracture him and keep him out of play. If Bossk has high tenacity, the debuffs won’t stick and you’ll get in deep water real quick

I've never had trouble getting enough debuffs to make it work. I use thrawn as lead for another squad, so for me I don't find it worth using him.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

That depends on who they set and who I have available. Last match I was able to use JTR.

I don't really have a go to squad for them.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Padme laughs at Carth

This. But if they set either Revan, she's tied up.
  • Options
    Interestingly enough, the first round this time in GaC my opponent failed to clear my back zone containing FO and Bossk. He had 7 attempts on Bossk and 4 on FO. I use Bossk (L) Dengar, Zam, Cad and 88 on D, saving the Fetts, and Greedo in case I need to fight Ewoks.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options

FWIW, I use Zader, Zidious, Wampa, RG, SiT (until I get DR) which wrecks OR, Phoenix, or Ewoks ;)