Do you think astronomers of the Star Wars galaxy have identified all the other galaxies?

Here on Earth, we have catalogued and identified millions of galaxies. We even recently confirmed the presence of exoplanets in other galaxies and we track radiation and radio pulses from them. Since Star Wars is 1000x more advanced than us, do you think they have mapped out a lot of galaxies and have used advanced telescopes to see whether any of the planets in other galaxies have planets that support life. We estimate that their are 2 trillion galaxies in the universe but we can only photograph 100 billion. Do you think the astronomers of Star Wars can photograph galaxies at the edge of the universe (if the universe of course has an edge).

Replies

• Considering the unknown regions in their own galaxy haven't been mapped out, I would also say no.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    They just can make interstellar gigantic battleships that can jump in space, that wouldn't mean they would have far more advanced telescopes...no no. Probably force obstructs the space in that universe.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    They just can make interstellar gigantic battleships that can jump in space, that wouldn't mean they would have far more advanced telescopes...no no. Probably force obstructs the space in that universe.

I'm not claiming it is logical. But people in the Star Wars universe don't know what lies in the outer rim of their own galaxy, which they call "the unknown regions".

So, keeping in mind they aren't able to explore, map, travel through, or find a better adjective than "unknown" for a large chunk of their own galaxy... no, I don't think that they are familiar with the furthest regions of the universe.

I guess they just profundly fail at telescopy, in part for lack of interest, in part because they can't spend money on telescopes if all the budget goes to insanely large battleships.

I think you explained pretty well why SW is a actually a fantasy nested in scifi. Any plausible explanation comes after the fact.
  • Did you ever hear the legend of the Outbound Flight project? Not a story the new canon would tell you. ;)