Why has Gen Grevious gone missing from my Fleet Store?

Prev13
Asifab
34 posts Member
I am here just to ask why CG did you nerf the appearance of GG in the fleet store? After basically announcing to the world that he will be the best G13 toon as well as a true leader in the Geo TB, why have you made his shard spawn in fleet store maybe once every two weeks? With 2x refreshes a day a long with the timed change for my fleet store, I have only been able to purchase GG shards 3x in the past 2 months.

Surely you can't believe making a f2p character who's shards can only be purchased in fleet or shard store is a good choice? I am sure I am not the only one who has to use his shard store currency for gear. 1,125 currency for 5 GG shards vs spending 210? currency to get 5x mk5 stun gun ( and other hard to collect gear pieces) is really a no choice.

Can we please get some info on why this change was made? I know that I was not farming GG consistently prior to the announcement of him being the best choice for G13, so yes a lot of people had him at 7* for a long time while he was basically useless. However he's not going to be meta defining in the arena or even GAC so making his shard spawn so rare just has no up side.

Thank you for all the hard work!

Replies

  • Asifab
    34 posts Member
    I have no hard data as I was not logging anything at the time, however I do feel like I saw him in my fleet shop a lot more often then 3x in 2 months time. Of course no hard data and maybe RNG just really hates me. However, it is horrid how very rare his shard is to show up.
  • Some times he shows up 3 times a day, othertimes hes awol for 3 weeks. Rng bro it sucks
  • APX_919
    2118 posts Member
    He is always in the shard shop. The cost would be higher than in the fleet shop but with the crystals you are using for refreshes, that cost goes down comparatively.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Kluski
    12 posts Member
    I saw him last night in the field store.
  • Rath_Tarr
    2173 posts Member
    Kluski wrote: »
    I saw him last night in the field store.
    I got him this morning after not seeing him for a few days. Four more packs and I'm done. Then of course I will see him all the time! :D
  • SemiGod
    849 posts Member
    It's not nerfed
  • He only has a 1/8 chance of spawning & only 3 spawns a day.

    So even if your RNG is being perfectly "average" then you would only see him once every 3 days.

    More likely you get him 2-3x in a 2 day period & then he's gone for 10+ days.
  • Nihion
    2070 posts Member
    He was missing for like half a year for me one time. He must’ve taken the same vacation that Malaks on.
  • Rath_Tarr
    2173 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Kluski wrote: »
    I saw him last night in the field store.
    I got him this morning after not seeing him for a few days. Four more packs and I'm done. Then of course I will see him all the time! :D
    I gottim again! Three packs to go. Watch the ugly son of a Roomba go into hiding for a few days! :p
  • JDIII
    1195 posts Member
    Because he is dead! Kinobi just killed him
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Kluski wrote: »
    I saw him last night in the field store.
    I got him this morning after not seeing him for a few days. Four more packs and I'm done. Then of course I will see him all the time! :D

    That's how it always works. I swear I see Logray in the store at least once a day now that he's at 7*.
  • ZAP
    296 posts Member
    He only has a 1/8 chance of spawning & only 3 spawns a day.

    So even if your RNG is being perfectly "average" then you would only see him once every 3 days.

    More likely you get him 2-3x in a 2 day period & then he's gone for 10+ days.

    I would be willing to bet 5 full stun guns that GG does not have the same chance of showing in that slot as the other chars in that slot.

    I’d like to see the actual weighting of chars in that slot, but most definitely GG is weighted to show up less often than the others.

  • It feels like he's missing at times, I know. I'm farming him too. But I can confirm, he is still in there. I've seen him about 4 times over the last month. He's rare, not missing.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • ZAP
    296 posts Member
    It feels like he's missing at times, I know. I'm farming him too. But I can confirm, he is still in there. I've seen him about 4 times over the last month. He's rare, not missing.

    Yep, can confirm he still shows, also can confirm that tarkin, vader and AA show far more often then him.

  • Padme starts this week, what did you expect?

    Has nothing to do with padme and everything to do with him being such a big hitter against even DR/Malak squads. So CG does not want a f2p character to be all over the map wiping out even half the DR/Malak Squads.

  • TVF
    14324 posts Member
    Asifab wrote: »
    Padme starts this week, what did you expect?

    Has nothing to do with padme and everything to do with him being such a big hitter against even DR/Malak squads. So CG does not want a f2p character to be all over the map wiping out even half the DR/Malak Squads.

    Respectfully disagree with both of you.

    It's RNG.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ZAP
    296 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Asifab wrote: »
    Padme starts this week, what did you expect?

    Has nothing to do with padme and everything to do with him being such a big hitter against even DR/Malak squads. So CG does not want a f2p character to be all over the map wiping out even half the DR/Malak Squads.

    Respectfully disagree with both of you.

    It's RNG.

    Respectfully disagree with you TVF

    Willing to wager you a $20 gift card that GG is weighted to show less often than tarkin, vader and AA.

    Take the bet or shut up

  • TVF
    14324 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Asifab wrote: »
    Padme starts this week, what did you expect?

    Has nothing to do with padme and everything to do with him being such a big hitter against even DR/Malak squads. So CG does not want a f2p character to be all over the map wiping out even half the DR/Malak Squads.

    Respectfully disagree with both of you.

    It's RNG.

    Respectfully disagree with you TVF

    Willing to wager you a $20 gift card that GG is weighted to show less often than tarkin, vader and AA.

    Take the bet or shut up

    I don't think you've understood my post.

    I agree with you that GG is weighted less. It's still RNG if he shows up. The two posts I quoted claimed the rate has been reduced by CG because of either the Padme event coming up or him beating DR/Malak. That's what I disagreed with.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ZAP
    296 posts Member
    edited August 6
    TVF wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Asifab wrote: »
    Padme starts this week, what did you expect?

    Has nothing to do with padme and everything to do with him being such a big hitter against even DR/Malak squads. So CG does not want a f2p character to be all over the map wiping out even half the DR/Malak Squads.

    Respectfully disagree with both of you.

    It's RNG.

    Respectfully disagree with you TVF

    Willing to wager you a $20 gift card that GG is weighted to show less often than tarkin, vader and AA.

    Take the bet or shut up

    I don't think you've understood my post.

    I agree with you that GG is weighted less. It's still RNG if he shows up. The two posts I quoted claimed the rate has been reduced by CG because of either the Padme event coming up or him beating DR/Malak. That's what I disagreed with.

    Oh I understood your post and actually agree with your disagreement with them.

    However you made it sound as if RNG is the only thing affecting GGs show up rate and in that is where you and I disagree.

    It’s weighted less for GG and on top of that is rng

    And I just want to disagree with you TVF, most everyone else on this site is too easy to disagree with.

    Post edited by ZAP on
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    Because he is dead! Kinobi just killed him

    he must have gotten ZAP'ed
  • TVF
    14324 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    However you made it sound as if RNG is the only thing affecting GGs show up rate and in that is where you and I disagree.

    I never said that though, and I don't believe it, so we can't disagree on it.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ZAP
    296 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    However you made it sound as if RNG is the only thing affecting GGs show up rate and in that is where you and I disagree.

    I never said that though, and I don't believe it, so we can't disagree on it.

    But you only mentioned the rng part, so any respectful disagreer would infer you didn’t believe GG was weighted lower.

  • im 50/100 with GG. I went the whole month of July without seeing his shards once. That drought broke yesterday finally. At this rate it will take another 10 months.
  • SemiGod
    849 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Asifab wrote: »
    Padme starts this week, what did you expect?

    Has nothing to do with padme and everything to do with him being such a big hitter against even DR/Malak squads. So CG does not want a f2p character to be all over the map wiping out even half the DR/Malak Squads.

    Respectfully disagree with both of you.

    It's RNG.

    Respectfully disagree with you TVF

    Willing to wager you a $20 gift card that GG is weighted to show less often than tarkin, vader and AA.

    Take the bet or shut up

    You're all wrong.

    You have to look at each fleet node. One could have 10 characters to shuffle through and another could have 5.

    Btw u can get a warning for ur last sentence bud.
  • Liath
    4171 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    However you made it sound as if RNG is the only thing affecting GGs show up rate and in that is where you and I disagree.

    I never said that though, and I don't believe it, so we can't disagree on it.

    But you only mentioned the rng part, so any respectful disagreer would infer you didn’t believe GG was weighted lower.

    That would not be a reasonable inference since RNG does not mean and has never meant that all options are weighted equally.
  • Nihion
    2070 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    However you made it sound as if RNG is the only thing affecting GGs show up rate and in that is where you and I disagree.

    I never said that though, and I don't believe it, so we can't disagree on it.

    But you only mentioned the rng part, so any respectful disagreer would infer you didn’t believe GG was weighted lower.

    He agreed with you, so you can drop the argument now. If you read his second post carefully, you would know that.
  • ZAP
    296 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    However you made it sound as if RNG is the only thing affecting GGs show up rate and in that is where you and I disagree.

    I never said that though, and I don't believe it, so we can't disagree on it.

    But you only mentioned the rng part, so any respectful disagreer would infer you didn’t believe GG was weighted lower.

    He agreed with you, so you can drop the argument now. If you read his second post carefully, you would know that.

    I know, I know, I just wanted to gamble with a gift card

Sign In or Register to comment.