A noob's reaction to Galactic Bounties 1

Holy crap! I was proud of my bounty hunters, they're my best team. But now? I'm ashamed of them. That wampa took me down like my last name was Skywalker. So after that beatdown I went for the probe droid. I cleared it, but I have a newfound respect for shore- and death troopers. Also, I didn't see it on the death troopers kit, but apparently if they kill someone, they can't revive. One took out my Jango while he had his bounty hunters resolve still, and he stayed dead. Been working a jedi team, but I may start an imperial trooper team now.

Replies

• Deathmark from deathtrooper prevents revives. You shouldn't feel ashamed at all since the wampa bounty is meant to be ridiclious hard. Basically you have to try to keep the wampa in stunlock. It is highly rng dependand too. Try Nest in GB2. Pretty much the same Level.
  • Don't worry bud, Chewie's event will be 10X worse!
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Try the galactic bounties 2 nest event lol
  • I barely got 5* Chewie. RNG took me a few tries, since my Dengar is only 4*. And Nest is the last one in 2? Figures. Haven't unlocked her yet and after watching a bunch of YouTube vids, I really want her.
  • Do not work on an IMP trooper team! They have no role in the current game. They can’t even beat NS reliably anymore.
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    I barely got 5* Chewie. RNG took me a few tries, since my Dengar is only 4*. And Nest is the last one in 2? Figures. Haven't unlocked her yet and after watching a bunch of YouTube vids, I really want her.

Nest is really good. But she's much harder to beat than Wampa imo (in GB). Also good luck with Chewie 7 star :P
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Wampa is all about offensive crowd control. You'll hit a point where you can stun/ability block it consistently and suddenly it's a piece of cake. :)

Nest is more of a pain.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Deadheat wrote: »
    Do not work on an IMP trooper team! They have no role in the current game. They can’t even beat NS reliably anymore.

Troopers are handy, mine aren’t even really highly geared and are still a decent mop up team in guild wars and veers snow stark are. 3v3 team and add shore or death and you have a decent 4v5 team for the undersized feats..
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Do not work on an IMP trooper team! They have no role in the current game. They can’t even beat NS reliably anymore.

Not this.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • If your imperial troopers team can’t beat nightsisters, they’re clearly not well modded or geared
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Wampa is all about offensive crowd control. You'll hit a point where you can stun/ability block it consistently and suddenly it's a piece of cake. :)

Nest is more of a pain.

Is one Wampa considered a crowd?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

Really? Because that's what our guild uses to one shot NS teams in TW. Guess we've been doing it all wrong......
  • TVF wrote: »
    He hits like a big one; therefore yes.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Just load up on potency.

Bossk, cad, aurra, dengar (even 3 of them) then damage embo or boba. Wampa should almost never even go

Stun stun stun. Potency
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Also, I didn't see it on the death troopers kit, but apparently if they kill someone, they can't revive.

Deathrooper has two specials, one is that AoE with heal immunity, the other is a single target that will permanently kill someone if it lands the final shot. The animation looks a lot like their basic, so it can be hard to tell which they're using until it's too late.

The Wampa mission is all about composition. Bossk for his stun, Dengar for his thermal detonators, Greedo for his thermal detonators and stun/TM dropper, Cad Bane for his stun, and anyone but Zam for your fifth, but I like Boba because of ability block. You want to keep Wampa from using its roar to put all that protection up on itself, but if it does you want thermal detonators since they'll blow up after the protection has expired.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Holy crap! I was proud of my bounty hunters, they're my best team. But now? I'm ashamed of them. That wampa took me down like my last name was Skywalker. So after that beatdown I went for the probe droid. I cleared it, but I have a newfound respect for shore- and death troopers. Also, I didn't see it on the death troopers kit, but apparently if they kill someone, they can't revive. One took out my Jango while he had his bounty hunters resolve still, and he stayed dead. Been working a jedi team, but I may start an imperial trooper team now.

By the way, use the stun on bossk first then use his taunt so by the time taunt is over u have stun again
  • And what makes it all worthwhile is the day you can finally do this..

pm8thrcivdc6.png

Not the most powerful toon in the game but surely one of the most fun, not least because

jkb9lc3jj330.jpg
  • I'll remember all this for next time. Zam is in my top 5, because her thermals are great damage and they heal when paired with Bossk. I'll swap her out next time for Cad.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Huh? anymore? What changed? I use them every single TW and most GAs to wipe the floor with NS. Guaranteed win.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Huh? anymore? What changed? I use them every single TW and most GAs to wipe the floor with NS. Guaranteed win.

Me thinks he has been watching too many Ahnald streams and doesnt actually own them..
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I'll remember all this for next time. Zam is in my top 5, because her thermals are great damage and they heal when paired with Bossk. I'll swap her out next time for Cad.

Yeah, I love her, too, and she's one of my best-geared Bounty Hunters. Cad, on the other hand, was an afterthought character that I barely touched until he got a ship (Had him 7* and g7, I think), but even at lower gears (9 or 10) he was really helpful in keeping the wampa stun locked.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Boosk net attack = stun, cad stun, Greedo TM removal, ig88 ability block, bona execute. That's how I beat em
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I needed Aurra before I could reliably beat the Wampa. The stun on her basic makes it so much easier. Before I got her it was taking me 10+ attempts to get the 2 wins.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Boosk net attack = stun, cad stun, Greedo TM removal, ig88 ability block, bona execute. That's how I beat em
    Boosk and Bona, a fearsome combo! :D
  • Deadheat wrote: »

Do any of u watch ahnaldt101? If so, you’ll know that outside of RNGesus stepping in, imp troopers can beat ns and a couple other tier c and d teams.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Me thinks he has been watching too many Ahnald streams and doesnt actually own them..

To be fair I don’t own them either but they are the most direct counter to ns outside of meta teams so rly helpful for more endgame characters to save good teams and not use them against ns in ga.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Nest is more of a pain.

Have u ever seen two in one place except for that battle in Hoth tb?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Hálcyøn wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

To be fair I don’t own them either but they are the most direct counter to ns outside of meta teams so rly helpful for more endgame characters to save good teams and not use them against ns in ga.

Exactly. I save my IT for offense for the inevitable NS defense squad and have 0 worries. They are a HARD counter and anyone who says otherwise is a nut.
  • I don't know what people are saying about the Chewie event I completed 5 stars easily with my team (I only had two bhs at at least six stars)
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Dinotank46 wrote: »
    I don't know what people are saying about the Chewie event I completed 5 stars easily with my team (I only had two bhs at at least six stars)

5* isn't the issue. Wait until you try 7*, then you will know what people are saying about the Chewie event.