VS Bossk Lead

I just face a BH team with double zeta Bossk Lead. I need help understanding mechanics. Believed the game glitched on me. My line up RJT lead, BB8, Hoda, Wampa, Thrawn. Bossk first with Taunt.
I then use RJT mind trick. Taunt reappears under Bossk Trandoshan Rage, which I understand. This is where im confussed, I then Fracture Bossk. Bossk again regains taunt, how is this possible if Fracture says can't gain buffs. Taunt=buff. Please help explain why he was able to maintain his taunt. Thanks.

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Same way Old Ben regains his under fracture, and is working as intended.

Taunt is dispelled, then immediately regained. This happens before the buff immunity of fracture happens.

Fracture, and the taunts of Old Ben and Bossk goes something like:
    1) Dispel
    2) Regain taunt
    3) Damage
    4) Buff immunity and TMR.
  • Thanks for the insight.
  • Damage might come early, I'm never sure with that bit.

Put another droid or two on your team next time you face him. Your ideal first two moves using JTR against BH should be Secret Intel from BB8, followed swiftly by JTR's Mind Tricks (ability block) on Bossk.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

Taunt is dispelled, then immediately regained. This happens before the buff immunity of fracture happens.

1) Dispel
    2) Regain taunt
    3) Damage

He said, he uses Mind Tricks with JTR, which is a dispel, then Bossk regains taunt, then he uses Fracture, which is another dispel, at this point Bossk shouldn't have Taunt anymore. If that is indeed the situation.

1) Dispel
    2) Regain taunt
    3) Damage

He said, he uses Mind Tricks with JTR, which is a dispel, then Bossk regains taunt, then he uses Fracture, which is another dispel, at this point Bossk shouldn't have Taunt anymore. If that is indeed the situation.

Bossk will keep regaining taunt forever until the weakest enemy no longer has protection. It doesn’t matter how many times you dispel him.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

1) Dispel
    2) Regain taunt
    3) Damage

Bossk will keep regaining taunt forever until the weakest enemy no longer has protection. It doesn’t matter how many times you dispel him.

Not quite true. After fracture he will gain taunt again. But at that point, if you remove taunt again, he won't get it back, because a fractured toon cannot gain buffs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

1) Dispel
    2) Regain taunt
    3) Damage

That's not how it works lol. I can guarantee you that, as I almost always play Sith Triumv. vs double zeta Bossk. Traya isolates him, Sion dispels him with aoe and his taunt is down. He does not keep regaining it, even if the weakest enemy has protection.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

1) Dispel
    2) Regain taunt
    3) Damage

Wrong. He automatically regains the taunt on being fractured. WAI. He can continue to regain the taunt indefinitely as long as the weakest enemy has protection.

If he is dispelled again whilst fractured (by the next character to attack for example) then fracture would prevent him regaining it. Or as seen in your isolate example. Regaining taunt from Trandoshan Rage would be classed as gaining a buff out of turn, so it is prevented. If Bossk wasn't isolated you could dispel him with Sion all day long and he'd keep regaining the taunt until your weakest character had no protection left.

1) Dispel
    2) Regain taunt
    3) Damage

That's not how it works lol. I can guarantee you that, as I almost always play Sith Triumv. vs double zeta Bossk. Traya isolates him, Sion dispels him with aoe and his taunt is down. He does not keep regaining it, even if the weakest enemy has protection.

Well, if your opponent can get you to use Triumvirate vs Bossk they already got the upper hand.
    But you are right about the taunt, once there is an effect applied that prevents buffs (buff immunity, exploit, isolate, fracture) and the taunt gets dispelled, it won't be reactivated again.

1) Dispel
    2) Regain taunt
    3) Damage

Well, if your opponent can get you to use Triumvirate vs Bossk they already got the upper hand.

No they don't lol. Everyone has different strategies for GA. Triumvirate is best used against NS/Bounties. Unless the enemy has top-notch Geos of course.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Everyone has different strategies for GA. Triumvirate is best used against NS/Bounties.

I agree with the first sentence.

Which makes the second all the more confusing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Everyone has different strategies for GA. Triumvirate is best used against NS/Bounties.

I agree with the first sentence.

Which makes the second all the more confusing.

First one is a fact, second one is an opinion.
  • Raid han is pretty good vs BH. Stun Bossk before he can get his first taunt off, then pick off the rest of the BH. Thrawn or R2 can keep him from ever taking a turn.