Deathstorm Anakin is NOT an infinite loop

2Next

Replies

• But you have to
    Soif there was a p4 team that put up10 mil dmg, people would be less likely to skip it..

NS can get 10-11 mill consistently in P4.
    Soif there was a p4 team that put up10 mil dmg, people would be less likely to skip it..

NS can get 10-11 mill consistently in P4.

Yeah but you have to sacrifice 20-30 mil in p3 to use them there. We need a team that is best in p4.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    @Nihion That Sith Raid has been out over a year, so new players and players that don’t care are the only ones that aren’t getting her for a long time as you put it

My guild cares, we’ve been around for 3 years, we just can’t get the members or teams to complete it. We’re not very hardcore, but none of us have her.
  • I don't like loops, at all. I don't want any raid or raid phase to be Soloable.
    But Anakin Deathstorm breaks nothing else than p3 of HSTR and i don't see any reason to nerf it. It is a legit strategy that 100% plays by the Rules. It is indeed not even a "loop".
    The only downsides of using it are caused by the stupid reward structure of the sith Raid. Competing with your guildies for the amount of shards is ok if you just started to beat it, but forcing us to compete for top ranks only for the chance of pieces locked to top 10 even when everyone in the guild already 7*ed Traya was stupid in the first place IMHO.
    I am able to set this up easily but i rather stick to bounty and the beast just because i am able to score top 10 in my guild anyway. I would be forced to use it even when i don't like it if i couldn't hit top 10. Thats stupid.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Blackula wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    This team actually punishes people who’ve taken JKA to G13, so it rewards under-gearing your team. It’s therefore against the spirit of the game and needs a fix.

Nope. Strategy was established well before the Advent of g13

Right, so taking your Anakin to G13 is bad...
  • It rewards people for not gearing up their Initiate. It doesn’t matter if it’s a loop or not, or even if Anakin is better at gear 12 versus gear 13.

The problem is it’s another paper Zombie. People are encouraged to keep their Initiate at gear 8. Those who already geared her higher are disadvantaged. If they want to make it work better with a gear 12 Initiate over a gear 8 Initiate, then by all means keep it. Otherwise it needs to be fixed.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    It rewards people for not gearing up their Initiate. It doesn’t matter if it’s a loop or not, or even if Anakin is better at gear 12 versus gear 13.

The problem is it’s another paper Zombie. People are encouraged to keep their Initiate at gear 8. Those who already geared her higher are disadvantaged. If they want to make it work better with a gear 12 Initiate over a gear 8 Initiate, then by all means keep it. Otherwise it needs to be fixed.

Then you have to fix deathstorm in general, cause that team was used before in p3 using a paper initiate and rewarding people for not gearing up her.

And paper ini is used in haat and pit too
  • The HAAT doesn’t require a weak Initiate. I imagine it’s easier, but I can do it just fine with all my sisters at gear 12.

The HPIt doesn’t require Initiate at all to solo. It works best for me with all my sisters at higher gear levels. Truthfully, I’ve never used her in the raid so I’m not familiar with the team you mean, but since there are other Nightsister teams that can also solo the whole raid, I don’t think Initiates performance in HPit is relevant here.

Finally Deathstorm doesn’t do the whole phase 3 and can get a decent score even if you don’t get the best setup. I’ve also done it with a gear 12 Initiate. I’ll give you that a lower gear Initiate would be better, but it’s not critical if you don’t have one.

This Anakin team is much harder to setup correctly if you gear up your Initiate. I’ve had situations where my guild mates have finished phase 3 and l still haven’t gotten a setup I can use. As more of my guild mates get the team, I’m more in danger of losing out every raid, and all because I followed what I thought was a basic idea of the game that better gear levels improve a a characters utility.

I may be proven wrong on that last point, but I feel CG made it clear with Paper Zombie that it was their goal to have characters be better with more gear, not less.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    There’s no incentive to gear ini vs zombie/3po. Just sayin
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • The HAAT doesn’t require a weak Initiate. I imagine it’s easier, but I can do it just fine with all my sisters at gear 12.

The HPIt doesn’t require Initiate at all to solo. It works best for me with all my sisters at higher gear levels. Truthfully, I’ve never used her in the raid so I’m not familiar with the team you mean, but since there are other Nightsister teams that can also solo the whole raid, I don’t think Initiates performance in HPit is relevant here.

Finally Deathstorm doesn’t do the whole phase 3 and can get a decent score even if you don’t get the best setup. I’ve also done it with a gear 12 Initiate. I’ll give you that a lower gear Initiate would be better, but it’s not critical if you don’t have one.

This Anakin team is much harder to setup correctly if you gear up your Initiate. I’ve had situations where my guild mates have finished phase 3 and l still haven’t gotten a setup I can use. As more of my guild mates get the team, I’m more in danger of losing out every raid, and all because I followed what I thought was a basic idea of the game that better gear levels improve a a characters utility.

I may be proven wrong on that last point, but I feel CG made it clear with Paper Zombie that it was their goal to have characters be better with more gear, not less.

The only way to change it so ns work better at high gear for the whole team woukd be to completely change the team. Asajj's rampage zeta and daka's unique zeta both depend on ns dying to build health and offense.

They would have to completely change that to make it work as intended.

And that would likely break ns to the point of the community demanding refunds for the whole team.

One option would be to change the zetas to give the offense and health when enemies die or when ns take damage but survive. That would remove the incentive to undergear initiate but may make ns break the raid further. I would assume with those changes that asajj could stack damage quickly enough to have asajj lead ns solo phase 3 and possibly phase 4 as well.
  • It rewards people for not gearing up their Initiate. It doesn’t matter if it’s a loop or not, or even if Anakin is better at gear 12 versus gear 13.

Initiate sucks anyway...