GA Kyber League: Not for division 1 & 2

Prev1
Corran_Horn_GG
31 posts Member
edited August 2019
I know that there will be some kyber leaguers from these divisions once this GA phase ends, but it’s a joke that the biggest divisions in the game that are filled with the most loyal, long-term, and financially invested players don’t get to see kyber when there are 50+ players at this level in every other division. Seems like making the game fun for players at every level has gone sideways when this is the result.

And no, I’m not complaining about my particular situation, if i win my last GA battle, I’ll hit Kyber, and, if not, I’ll have lost 3 of 12 battles and not deserve it.

cjs0r0h0zanq.png
kg0g3x6gd4d5.png
fgsc9ae208t3.png
6r96m9jw48mc.png
1pejq47rsfj7.png

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I dont know the answer But can see a couple of different possibilities.

First, that even though no one has made Kyber yet, there may be a lot more people really close. And in the lower divisions a lot of people have already hit it. So maybe lets see how big the spike is when its done and how it compares to the rest of the divisions.

But also - the competition is fiercer at that level and there are probably a lot less g8 Phoenix and g9 FO being placed on D. So its probably just less feats being earned.

I dont know the math but I could see an argument of Div 2 and 1 feats to award more points. Maybe they will get the final results then tweak.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I don't really care how many division 7 ppl make kyber. Do you feel like it somehow makes them better than say aurodium in div2?

It might also be a good thing, because it won't cause as much ftp/p2p gap for early players.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I don't really care how many division 7 ppl make kyber. Do you feel like it somehow makes them better than say aurodium in div2?

It might also be a good thing, because it won't cause as much ftp/p2p gap for early players.

Yeah it might be an intentional "perception" thing too. Have less make it early so its up in the air until the last week, to keep people interested. If that's the case I think its probably not a bad idea.
  • Whatever the reason, the middle Divisions have made it to Kyber League sooner and in larger numbers than either the higher or lower Divisions.

I know because I am right in the middle of it in Division 5 so I have been watching the crazy fluctuations of my own rank and checking where the other Divisions were at.

I don't have the statistics but I'd be willing to bet they look a lot like a bell curve. Is that intended or just the way things worked out? I have no idea but I'll bet someone at CG is examining them with interest. I know I would be.
  • The reason is two fold.

1. Cross division limits scoring basically its 900 more or 900 less points but div 1 and 2 players can only be limited to 6 combat there's no cross division that gives us 10. All the other divisions get to battle up a division getting 900 bonus free points this allows them to make kyber easily with many losses. However division 1 and 2 players can not make kyber if they get more than 1 cross division (6 combat) match and that's just rng if you get matched against someone who neglected ships they could be div 3 or 4 with 3m toon go and 200k ships vs your 3m toon go and 2m ship gp in div 1.

2. It's much harder to get a full 60 or 64 points to clear in division 1 and 2 when people have 80 or 120 or 175 G12 and 13 Characters all Zetad out. The way scoring works is it rewards you for being perfect so even though the biggest whales have 180 g12 they lose a character or two clearing the 40 g12 and 13 defenses. Because of the strength of great maxed defenses when rosters go over 80 characters maxed killing offensive units on defense becomes common at these high levels. This limits the score because your not clearing a 70k defense its 115k on defense. Soooo people with minimum rosters succeed in division 1 and 2 since their matchup is based on people with a similar top 80 but they are going to face 70k and 80k mid range phoenix teams because those division 2 guys only have 20 g12, but they are still div 1 and 2 so they compete against the people with 175+ g12 for score but against weaker competition.

1 can be fixed by standardizing the battles or limiting cross division to divisions with same number of battles.

2 cant be fixed easily its a effect of the problem caused using gp to determine matchmaking. Gp gain from level 1 to 85 is huge same with the stars from 1 to 7... but the gear which really is the base of the character doesn't really effect gp proportinately. To change this they have to make gears worth the most since a 7 star level 85 gear 1 to 7 character is basically worthless. Every single g12 character in the game will solo kill a full team of maxed out 7 star lvl 85 Zetad lvl 5 gear team.

Gear and mods are what matters if u r measuring power. But gear and mods make up the smallest piece of the measuring stick which is gp.

Gp works if its 2017 and g7 is the max and there's no such thing as mods, then sure gp makes sense for matchmaking. This makes sense since game was designed in 2017. But it's almost 2020 now and gear and mods impact on gp hasnt been scaled properly. 200 gp for g13 and almost doubling stats should be a red flag things went wrong a long time ago.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    On the flip side, kyber promotion rewards SUCK for lower divisions. At least at higher divisions have good league promotion rewards. ke4n2cscpjy9.jpg
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    can somebody actually show where 'playing up' a division places more defense? the only players affected by cross divisional matches are those higher up being matched lower and not being able to do as much as others within their division....if perhaps someone has evidence contrary, show it! then make a ticket for support cuz it aint workin right...the lowest player in the group determines how many defenses are to b set

now back to op's topic....i think div 1 and 2 are working how they should....it's all the other div's that are too easy to make....its not much of a championship, more of a string of GA and accumilating points
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    uno wrote: »
    can somebody actually show where 'playing up' a division places more defense? the only players affected by cross divisional matches are those higher up being matched lower and not being able to do as much as others within their division....if perhaps someone has evidence contrary, show it! then make a ticket for support cuz it aint workin right...the lowest player in the group determines how many defenses are to b set

now back to op's topic....i think div 1 and 2 are working how they should....it's all the other div's that are too easy to make....its not much of a championship, more of a string of GA and accumilating points

In the cancelled exhibition I was matched up a division and had to set the higher number. Since then I haven't had any cross divisional matches (that I noticed anyway).
  • The rewards given in division 1 and 2 must be much more, due to the intense competition
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Also my div 8 account only hit kyber when placing defenses in the very last battle. Only lost 1 match and full cleared most of my opponents. It's not "easy" to get into kyber in lower divisions. My div 8 account and my div 3 account both lost 1 battle and both hit kyber about the same time. Div 1-2 must just have more competative fights that make it more difficult to go nearly undefeated.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    And there may be way more players in those lower divisions
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Daishi wrote: »
    Also my div 8 account only hit kyber when placing defenses in the very last battle. Only lost 1 match and full cleared most of my opponents. It's not "easy" to get into kyber in lower divisions. My div 8 account and my div 3 account both lost 1 battle and both hit kyber about the same time. Div 1-2 must just have more competative fights that make it more difficult to go nearly undefeated.
    Interesting. I just hit Kyber in Division 5 by placing defense in my final battle and I lost 2 matches along the way. I completed a lot of feats throughout the GAC but I currently have 5 outstanding and there were at least a couple I failed to complete before they expired. Kinda wish I had kept notes now.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »

It all depends on cross divison play, as for me since my roster is really bloated, I constantly fought Div 2-3 players, even though I am Div four, this meant I got to place more defences and had more attacks then many in my Division.

Giving me an unfair advantage really, same for everyone else doing the same thing. In the end, games still rewarding you for playing smartly and not playing for TB GP fluff, just in another way.

Still, one thing that is a major point, Defences mean NOTHING when it comes to score. Anyone who goes heavy on D and fails on offence will lose out more so then losing the match, in fact A LOT more so then losing the match.

If you lose and didn't take all the zones, that is more of an effect against you making kyber then anything, if you lost and still took everything, much easier to make it.

They really should have let defences actually matter with scoring. atm at the lower divisions, everyone has weak defences, so we pick up many many more banners and score.
  • They already said that they will analyze everything in the GAC and change some things before the next one. I think the matchmaking of getting opponents similar to me is very good. Reaching kyber is hard and it need to be hard. I am not reaching kyber this GaC and i’m actually facing another guy for position 7 in division 1. We both going top 5 pvp every night and have malak and 5-7 g13.

CG have all the global statistics to see what can be better. It’s difficult for an individual player to focus on what’s wrong. But we can say what we don’t like.

I think it would be interesting to know if matchmaking are changing based on our GAC scores. In order to match all those close to reach kyber each other and make sone of them not able to reach kyber. At first win 2/3 with always some players bot greatly strong. Now it’s just the top of the tip i’m fighting with
  • I m in division 1 and just reached aurodium with losing 80% of rounds
  • I'm in Division 2 and will most likely reach Kyber during my last attack run. I've placed 1st in every single leg of the championship and missed quite a few feats along the way.
  • I have been matched every time (barring 2 occasions) with players from the division above me and they have had between 250k and 1 million more GP more than me

My opponent has always had to set the number of teams that is relevant for me. Not once have I had to set more teams and effectively be playing in their division
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Rewards suck at all levels period.... top 200 players in every division get ok GAC still sucks tho...but for the other 95%+ of all players in the game GAC rewards suck period. For a months work.

A lot of posters here always post how they win 90% of their matches or all of them and GAC is the greatest thing in the world... (which is totally fine...IF they took 3 seconds to admit that for 90-95% of all active players it just basically stinks.

You have a GAC store..... that after THE END an entire months work you can buy 32 SALVAGE of kryotech that is basically the new stun gun that every new character will need.... with feats maybe 8 more salvage

So you will need hundreds of full components of this thing for G13, Leveling toons and after an ENTIRE month the outstanding majority of the game will be able to buy 32 salvage. While the top 5-10% of the game will be able to buy 80 (if kryotech is what they buy) Which after a month is still not enough to level some toons ONE level.... not enough for one G13 piece.... but again it's only top 5%...

Rest of game the outstanding majority of players are getting like 32 salvage of an item we need probably 20,000 of going forward.....

It's basically LOL
  • First, literally every other area of the game benefits long term players so I won't shed a tear if fewer d1 players got kyber.
    Second, I'm d4 Kyber. Perhaps d1 would have more kyber if they had better players.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    First, literally every other area of the game benefits long term players so I won't shed a tear if fewer d1 players got kyber.
    Second, I'm d4 Kyber. Perhaps d1 would have more kyber if they had better players.

I don't think we can draw any logical conclusions regarding player ability based on the number reaching kyber. We don't know how many are in each division. We also don't know the relative difficulty of reaching kyber in each division.
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    Division 2: I have lost only a single match this GA as I recall and it appears that I am going to fall just short if I full clear win this bracket today. So winning 4 of 5 brackets almost every single one a full clear is not good enough even though I have done some of the feats but had no interest in doing them all. These is no way in **** I am going to do endless squad arena and fleet arenas for this. I did the seperatist/GR ones. That should be enough with a solid winning record. You should get extra points based on final placement in the bracket in addition to the 1000 for winning the round. That would help alleviate this.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    First, literally every other area of the game benefits long term players so I won't shed a tear if fewer d1 players got kyber.

Or maybe you wouldn't be kyber if D4 had better players
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »

Or maybe you wouldn't be kyber if D4 had better players

truth
  • I m in division 1 and just reached aurodium with losing 80% of rounds

You are going to get the same Season rewards as me and I’ve lost 3 matches. Makes sense...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I m in division 1 and just reached aurodium with losing 80% of rounds

You are going to get the same Season rewards as me and I’ve lost 3 matches. Makes sense...

How many more zetas have you gotten, though?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

So what’s the point of GAC for the vast majority of people? Why not just have single round GAs like we’ve had before if they aren’t going to differentiate between winning and losing for 85% of the active players that fall in the same reward tier (yes, that’s a made up stat).
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

So what’s the point of GAC for the vast majority of people? Why not just have single round GAs like we’ve had before if they aren’t going to differentiate between winning and losing for 85% of the active players that fall in the same reward tier (yes, that’s a made up stat).

Cuz it's fun? Lol idk if there's much more reason than that. And keep in mind the rewards and other things may change after exhibition.

Personally I just play and don't take it too serioisly.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Kurrgan wrote: »
    Division 2: I have lost only a single match this GA as I recall and it appears that I am going to fall just short if I full clear win this bracket today. So winning 4 of 5 brackets almost every single one a full clear is not good enough even though I have done some of the feats but had no interest in doing them all. These is no way in **** I am going to do endless squad arena and fleet arenas for this. I did the seperatist/GR ones. That should be enough with a solid winning record. You should get extra points based on final placement in the bracket in addition to the 1000 for winning the round. That would help alleviate this.

Not making it with only 1 loss seems a bit off. I am in Div 3 with 1 loss and should hit Kyber if I take 2 territories. I have had a couple of matches where I didnt get full clears and have mostly ignored feats, but I have completed around half.

Well good luck. Lets see how it shakes out after the final round.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Cuz it's fun? Lol idk if there's much more reason than that. And keep in mind the rewards and other things may change after exhibition.

Personally I just play and don't take it too serioisly.

But are the standings and reward tiers making it more fun for you? Or do you just like GA matches in general? Because GA is no doubt my favorite part of this game. But it’s frustrating when they add in a leaderboard but it’s 1) Not very representative of how well people played and 2) Not very rewarding for anyone outside of the “tip of the spear”.

I’d personally rather just scrap the leaderboard and keep the original GA + token rewards for completing feats.